2008 NBA Playoffs 1st Round Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can someone please explain why Rondo took the shot and not POSEY/ALLEN/CASSELL? He was the 4th best 3 point shooter on the floor :S

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was just waiting for Rondo to pass the ball..but then...he didn't..I just couldn't believe how idiotic it was. FFS, you have RAY EFFING ALLEN on the floor. Let him shoot the three.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was just waiting for Rondo to pass the ball..but then...he didn't..I just couldn't believe how idiotic it was. FFS, you have RAY EFFING ALLEN on the floor. Let him shoot the three.
I guess sometimes you gotta play hero.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So is this how it felt cheering for the Warriors beating the Mavs last year?

Because I like cheering for the Hawks :)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GAME 7...Nice shot by Rondo. I thought thats why they signed Sam I am, be on the floor for crunch moments like that lol.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' post='3821193' date='May 2 2008, 09:08 PM']I guess sometimes you gotta play hero.[/quote]

Sometimes you gotta play the team game though. Game 6 on the line, a chance to put the series away, Rondo would have to have thought that Allen should shoot the three

And Pugz, If they signed Cassell for that reason, then why didn't he run the ball up or take the shot? Rondo was so effing greedy.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ATL muthafcking Hawks FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!
hopefully they could get game 7. how sweet would it be for Boston to lose in rd 1 in seven games, with the Lakers winning rd 1 via sweep

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
mexicool how u feel about kobe winning mvp?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta play the team game though. Game 6 on the line, a chance to put the series away, Rondo would have to have thought that Allen should shoot the three

And Pugz, If they signed Cassell for that reason, then why didn't he run the ball up or take the shot? Rondo was so effing greedy.
Cassel was supposed to play a good amount of time, and play in crunch time...But I guess Doc loves Rondo too much.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow if Boston loses this series, all hell would break loose in the NBA world. I can't wait.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Listen it's not Doc or anyone but Rondo's fault...he thought he couldn't get the pass off so he took the shot. It was <Censored>ing ridiculous but there's honestly nothing that can be done about it. They really had this game done before that and let it <Censored>ing slip in the 4th. Also what was with the call on Pierce? Ok it was a bad play but it was AWAY FROM THE BASKET/SHOT. Seriously, that's usually looked over.

I'm by no means a huge basketball fan but I love getting into games and getting pumped so I know what it feels like to be pissed. What I honestly don't understand is why everything so g-d damn hypocritical. I mean a couple days ago Pistons fans were going haywire on everyone for dogging on their team but now on this board, each and every one of them, are here to make a comment on the C's. Why does it always have to be "who we can ridicule next?" Again this has nothing to do with the Celtics, I'm just saying this is what makes games annoying to watch. You want to get all excited for your team winning, that's just fine. But don't go around saying garbage like "how sweet would it be for Boston to lose in rd 1 in seven games, with the Lakers winning rd 1 via sweep" (sorry to throw you under the bus mexi but I'm just making my point) because, among other things, it has nothing to do with the Lakers.

Now I don't want everyone to jump on my case and plead their innocence to it all because it really won't do anything. I just said that as something for you guys to think about.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cause all the C's fans claimed they were the better team all season, and how much better they are. The Celtics loseing in the 1st round would make Detroit fans look better than ever.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cause all the C's fans claimed they were the better team all season, and how much better they are. The Celtics loseing in the 1st round would make Detroit fans look better than ever.
Dude, honestly, Pistons fans have no room to talk...EVER. They are like the annoying Yankees/Red Sox fans you see and hear. Some may have said things but I haven't said a word about the C's this year being a better team than any. You can always lose to anyone at any time. I learned that watching the Patriots lose to the Giants in what should have been, on paper, a NE cakewalk to an undefeated season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't say you said anything, plus the whole NBA world said the Celtics were better than us. The Celtics loseing in the first round to a below .500 team would be the icing on the cake. And would make Pistons fans everywhere smile.

By the way, now you know how it feels to be a Pistons fan, to get ridiculed for anything you do. So if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see Weezy is viewing the thread, do I even have to say anything man?

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dude don't come down on Rondo so bad everyone on the floor was gaurded so tight that if he passed it, it still woldn't be a good look

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't say you said anything, plus the whole NBA world said the Celtics were better than us. The Celtics loseing in the first round to a below .500 team would be the icing on the cake. And would make Pistons fans everywhere smile.
That's because the bulk of you, key word is bulk not all, can only dish it out...if this were flip-flopped there would be a "united pistons coalition" or something to stop the "hating". My feelings are not towards anyone they are just general. Who cares what NBA says or he says this or she says that...nothing is set in stone. Sure, the C's were the favorite and were poised to make this an easy series but things happen. It's not the first time an underdog won, or an 8th seed beat a 1st seed, and it surely won't be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%