(2) New Orleans Pelicans vs (15) Orlando Magic

Pelicans or Magic?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
I prefer the Pelicans starting lineup however, Magic have the best player on the floor in Julius Randle.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't the 30 team NBA. This is a 20 team re-draft. Rosters are more stacked, more offensively talented.

I'd argue Wall isn't even a real #1 option for the Wizards, but they get by in other ways.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He initiates the offense
When they need a bucket, its him taking the shots

How is he not the 1st option? Just because he passes the ball doesn't mean he's not the 1st option

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never said he isn't the #1 option. I'm saying he isn't a legitimate #1 option. Especially in a re-draft where there is only 20 teams.

When they're both in their primes Bradley Beal will be the #1 option for the Wizards. Hell he may even be the #1 option this season.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
8.5 assists/game, 17.7 shots/game

8.8 assists/game, 16.3 shots/game

6.3 assists/game, 17.6 shots/game

6.1 assists/game, 17.4 shots/game

6.1 assists/game, 16.5 shots/game

All five of these players are in the Top 20 in shots/game and assists/game. I'd argue all five of these players are top options, although one of them you apparently don't think so (Wall). All the numbers are fairly close to each other, so idk how you could possibly argue for four of them, but not one.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You are making zero sense of what I am saying. Wall was the top option for the Wizards last season in terms of he took the most shots, sure. If that somehow quantifies being the #1 option on a team. But does that mean that he is a legitimate #1 option for a NBA team? You could argue Brandon Knight and Nick Young were arguably #1 options for their respective teams as well. Does that mean they're legitimate #1 options? That's my argument. Not that Wall was their #1 option, but that he is an actual #1 option in the NBA. If you were to make a list of legitimate guys that should be #1 options in the league in a half court offense, would he be on it? He shouldn't be.

Also, after watching every late game attempt from Washington, it was made clear that when he was healthy Beal was the guy Wittman drew plays for. Teams knew that and would take him out of the play on occasion. The numbers are a little skewed because Beal missed time while Wall did not, but here is the breakdown, evidenced by a play like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNKH8vc2_4

Wall: 1-9 (4 of the 9 possessions were drawn for Beal, his make was off a inbounds steal against San Antonio)
Beal: 1-4
Nene: 1-3 (all 3 drawn for Beal)
Gortat: 2-2
Booker: 1-1 (assist by Wall)
Seraphin: 0-1
Singleton: 0-1

Wall spent the majority of his time with a healthy Beal as the in-bounder late in games. On probably 2 or 3 occasions Wittman drew up a play for Beal only to have him taken away by the opponent using the inbounder to step in the passing lane for Beal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%