SG's - Victor Oladipo/Xavier Henry
SF- Chandler Parsons/ Vince Carter
PF - Dirk/Julius Randle
C- Tyson Chandler/Omer Asik/Steven Adams

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Think he has me beat me in regards to guards but I like my bigs a bit better. Plus even though he's a rookie I feel like Smart will pressure Teague a bit. I also like Chandler a bit more than GG. He has better backup SFs though.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think my team is better than a coin flip.

Steph and Manu are a better duo at PG and SG than Wall and Oladipo are. With him, you are looking at two guys who shot only 42.7% from the field combined last season, and neither can do much damage from outside the paint. Where my two guys are both very efficient (47.1%) and can do a lot of damage outside of the paint as well as inside.

My depth is also much better with Jeff Teague, Courtney Lee, and Eric Gordon. TYO has a rookie in Marcus Smart that struggles to finish at the rim, struggles to hit any sort of jump shot, and is susceptible to turnovers, and a guy in Xavier Henry that shouldn't even be in a NBA rotation.

I would give him the advantage at SF.

I also like the big combos we both have, but to me it comes down to the way I can pair mine together and not miss a beat. Tim Duncan is still one of the best defenders in the league, a great rebounder, and can still get it done offensively. Brook Lopez is one of the best centers on each end, and is definitely a top three offensive center in the league, and that is being generous. Perkins wouldn't get any time in a game, but Terrence Jones is a great pairing with either Timmy or Lopez. Jones can do it all offensively, and is a solid defender. He has nice big men as well, but they can't play together like mine can.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steph and Manu are a great offensive duo. But Steph is pretty weak on the defensive end and Wall is a pretty good defender. John and Oladipo can't stretch the floor as well but if I need spacing I can substitute Vince in for Oladipo and give John three guys who can all hit the 3 with Dirk/Parsons/VC.  The whole point of Dirk is to draw Tim out the paint. I have two rim protectors in Omer/Tyson and a tremendous 3rd backup center in Steven Adams. So I have 3 options if need be for Brook. I think the notion they can't play together is untrue considering my center and PF have won a title together. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steph has become a very solid defender, not great but he's good.

And I meant you can't substitute your third big like I can substitute my third big. In a game I could play Jones with Timmy or Brook. You have to play Asik with Dirk, he couldn't play with Chandler.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Eric Gordon is a third string SG, which wouldn't play much. To be honest, in playoff games, how many third stringers even get in? Hence, he is a non-factor.

Nola's team has a lot of offensive firepower but is average defensively at best.

TYO's team would be great in the long run but he drafted for the future in a one year deal.

Why couldn't Julius Randle play with Chandler if Terrence Jones is in? Obviously he wouldn't go Asik/Chandler if Terrence Jones was in, though Terrence Jones I still wouldn't be TOO scared of. I'd rather have him taking shots than Steph/Duncan/Brook/Manu/etc

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My team is better defensively than you are giving them credit for. Like I've said time and time again, the second line of your defense is what matters in the NBA and I arguably have the best second line in this re-draft. Plus a quality defender at the point of attack in Steph.

And he could play Randle, but that would give him a four big rotation and lesser minutes to his guys like Dirk, Tyson, and Omer where I would always have two of Timmy, Lopez, and Jones on the floor.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
My team is better defensively than you are giving them credit for. Like I've said time and time again, the second line of your defense is what matters in the NBA and I arguably have the best second line in this re-draft. Plus a quality defender at the point of attack in Steph.
Jeff Teague-Courtney Lee-Mike Dunleavy-Terrence Jones-Kendrick Perkins

Marcus Smart-Xavier Henry-Vince Carter-Julius Randle-Omer Asik

I would argue you don't even have the best 2nd line defensively in this matchup.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Duncan/Lopez or Dirk/Tyson?

That's clearly my advantage.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
In your opinion it might be but I'm not sure I or others really agree. I think they'd struggle defensively

Especially the second unit

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How would they struggle defensively?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Duncan/Lopez or Dirk/Tyson?

That's clearly my advantage.
Neither Brook nor Tim can guard Dirk's perimeter game

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Neither Brook nor Tim can guard Dirk's perimeter game
Dirk's perimeter game has become pick and pops, spot ups, or at most he will take one or two back to the basket dribbles to get a better angle towards the rim, followed by a fade away. Dirk is no longer a threat to the put ball on the floor and to make a play by getting to the rim, into the paint, etc anymore. Made up just 0.02% of his offensive plays last season. I would say, who can guard Dirks perimeter game? He will get his regardless, but he isn't going to dominate and go for 35-40 points because Tim or Lopez is defending him. At 35, that isn't his game anymore, and because of that I have zero problem with him having to get his shots off against 7 footers.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He doesnt even need to score 35 a game; hes the 2nd option

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who's the first option? Wall?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you're assuming that Wall is the first option then you voted for the wrong team my brother.

Wall isn't a viable first option, I'd assume Dirk is his first option.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
If you're assuming that Wall is the first option then you voted for the wrong team my brother.

Wall isn't a viable first option, I'd assume Dirk is his first option.
Wall is the 1st option for the Wizards, and they are projected to be a Top 5 seed in the east.

how is he not viable? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%