2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I take back what I said about Lin.  Guy is hitting as well.  Sucks to have Swihart sit so much though.  He has so much potential.  Would be a great trade piece for us.

CoachAF

Reaction score
this is the actual Phillies scouting report on Dickey back in 1996

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
You are the king of overreacting to a small sample size
I don't do it in every circumstance.  In fact, I can't remember another instance.

But you're right that this is a small sample size.  But I honestly believe the Mets are going to be good this year and compete for the division or a wild card spot.  Quote me on it if I'm wrong.

By the way, I was thinking this on day 1, not just because they're winning now.  I picked Nats for the division originally.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Boldest quote of the day: The Mets will have a better record than the Dodgers in 2018.  

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I don't do it in every circumstance.  In fact, I can't remember another instance.

But you're right that this is a small sample size.  But I honestly believe the Mets are going to be good this year and compete for the division or a wild card spot.  Quote me on it if I'm wrong.

By the way, I was thinking this on day 1, not just because they're winning now.  I picked Nats for the division originally.
The whole Doug Fister debacle doesn't ring a fucking bell?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I still think an 8 man staff is a bad idea, depth or no depth. They need consistency.
got them to the ws

You don't want guys to tire out by the end of the seaso
The more the merrier

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Boldest quote of the day: The Mets will have a better record than the Dodgers in 2018.  
you'll change your tune when Noah gets hurt again

How bout them Giants btw

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I turned over and he immediately gave up a walk, followed by a hit. My bad guys.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The same people keeping guys out of the hall are the same ones who turned bartolo into a meme, love him and call him "big sexy"

Peds dont matter. Bartolo is proof

The selectivity of who gets chastised is stupid

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
The same people keeping guys out of the hall are the same ones who turned bartolo into a meme, love him and call him "big sexy"

Peds dont matter. Bartolo is proof

The selectivity of who gets chastised is stupid
Hall of fame voters make memes?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
The whole Doug Fister debacle doesn't ring a fucking bell?
I actually liked Doug Fister and he was adequate for what we signed him for. I vaguely remember you doubtlessly bashing me and posting nonsense on the days he did pitch well. But you left out that didn't you big ol' moderator?

The argument by the way was him versus Porcello which was not really that farfetched at all considering the season Porcello had. But way to whine and call out at me even on the days Fister was good big ol' mod.

By the way, I only brought it up, everyone else blew it out of proportion as they are with this situation... I don't have a right to make a prediction? What is this, Sports Dictatorship?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
you'll change your tune when Noah gets hurt again

How bout them Giants btw
No I won't. I thought Giants could be good and still could be, but I'd rely more on my Mets bet than the Giants. Mets have 5 guys who could easily be aces and a revamped lineup.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
got them to the ws

You don't want guys to tire out by the end of the seaso
The more the merrier
Dodgers will not go to the World Series. They'll just barely get past the first round if anything.

This depth you notice is complete shallowness.

I'll admit I'm not too knowledgeable with the NL West, so the Dodgers could win the division. But I don't see them beating anyone but the Nationals in the postseason who always lose.

catman

Reaction score
Coach said:

A buddy of mine (From ND) said the other night as the Twins were playing the Astros that Joe Mauer is a lock for the HoF. It didnt sound right, but I guess he could make it? My main contention was with the word lock. I think Twins fans have a reverence of im b/c of how great he was AND the fact that he is a hometown kid. Last year was a solid bounceback year for him, and i think he needs a couple more. Is he a catcher or a 1B at that point? It's an interesting case. 
I don't know about being a "lock" for the Hall, but he certainly hits a lot of the markers that the voters look at.  Career BA is .309, OBP .393, Slg .444.  He is a plus defender at 1B and was also a plus defender as a catcher.  If he can continue to hit over the next few seasons (I would say about 5 more years), he will be approaching 3000 hits and will get a long look from the voters (he has always been fan-friendly and media-friendly) for the Hall.

catman

Reaction score
Coach said:
this is the actual Phillies scouting report on Dickey back in 1996

I've always thought that Dickey was overrated as a pitcher.  He caught fire in 2012 and won the Cy Young (I always thought that Kershaw should have won it that year).  He was the key to the Mets becoming competitive, as he was traded for D'Arnaud and Syndergaard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%