Yankees bringing Montero up before September?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's played 216 games in Triple A. Calling him up now would certainly not be rushing him. If anything, he is way overdue for the call.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think bosox just doesnt want the Yanks to be better thats why he said they shouldn't rush him up lol

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Or he just doesn't know what he's talking about.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think bosox just doesnt want the Yanks to be better thats why he said they shouldn't rush him up lol
Not at all.

If Montero is this such god that all Yankees fans say he is, why would you put him in a stressful time, when the Yanks are fighting for the division lead. Not to mention the Yanks already have 3 catchers on their 25 man roster already. Wait till September IMO, see how he does then, and keep him on the roster in the playoffs if he does well.

Just have him ready to be the Yankees starting catcher in 2012.

VC15

Reaction score
Not at all.

If Montero is this such god that all Yankees fans say he is, why would you put him in a stressful time, when the Yanks are fighting for the division lead. Not to mention the Yanks already have 3 catchers on their 25 man roster already. Wait till September IMO, see how he does then, and keep him on the roster in the playoffs if he does well.

Just have him ready to be the Yankees starting catcher in 2012.
We have two catchers on the 25 man roster, not three. Montero would easily be better than either one of them. Most catchers at Montero's age do not perform as well as he is doing in AAA.

This is one of the most uninformed posts that I've seen from you, and that's saying something.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Might as well give the guys a shot as a DH/C to possibly boost their offense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%