Yankees bringing Montero up before September?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
New York Yankees minor-league catcher Jesus Montero(notes) is considered one of the best prospects in baseball and will soon get to test his mettle with the big leaguers, according to MLB.com.
Montero is currently batting .289 with 11 homers and 51 RBIs for the Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yanks. The site reports that the Yankees have "been considering summoning Montero, 21, to the big leagues before rosters expand on Sept. 1" and the "move appears more likely with Sunday's decision to remove Jorge Posada(notes) from the regular designated-hitter role."
Yankees Manager Joe Girardi has some wariness about throwing a new catcher into the mix. "The one thing about bringing up someone that is 21 years old -- trying to learn a new staff in the middle of a season is not easy," he said, MLB.com reports. "That's more of a concern about bringing in a new catcher than if he's ready to catch at this level."
Montero also has some fame for being someone that Yanks GM Brian Cashman wouldn't include in a potential trade for Cliff Lee(notes).
The Yankees currently have 13 pitchers, the site points out, and when one is dropped, "a corresponding move could involve Montero."

Source: MLB.com

VC15

Reaction score
He should've been up in May. Better late than never.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
It's a joke that Cervelli has been on the team this long, took long enough to get Montero up.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's a joke that Cervelli has been on the team this long, took long enough to get Montero up.
You want Montero called up to be a back up catcher? If he's called up he needs every day at bats, which he will get at DH.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
You want Montero called up to be a back up catcher? If he's called up he needs every day at bats, which he will get at DH.
DH when he's not catching.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if the Yankees actually want him to stay at catcher, it could be argued he should just be the full time catcher now. Martin hasn't done anything since April to warrant playing time.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
no, he's right

finally me and DH agree on something
I don't see how....

Cervelli is brutal behind the plate and can't hit for shit.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Martin hit .250 in 2009, .248 in 2010, and is hitting .230 currently..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Russell J sucks
im actually surprised he's been worse this year than with the dodgers the past 2 years
hitting for more power, but of course he is playing at Yankee Stadium

he has 6 homers at home. cool
he has 6 homers on the road in 3 bandboxes. Fenway, Us Cellular, and Camden Yards.
White Sox and O's pitching sucks

and since May, he has 6 homers

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Russell J sucks
im actually surprised he's been worse this year than with the dodgers the past 2 years
hitting for more power, but of course he is playing at Yankee Stadium

he has 6 homers at home. cool
he has 6 homers on the road in 3 bandboxes. Fenway, Us Cellular, and Camden Yards.
White Sox and O's pitching sucks

and since May, he has 6 homers
Cervelli is a AAA catcher, he's lucky to have been up for this long.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol
they both suck. im just being a bitter dodger fan :p

it's pretty annoying whenever Cervelli starts on a national game how often the announcers just DROOL over him

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Yeah because they love that "play hard", "passion for the game" with all his first pumping bullshit after every out. lol

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Yeah because they love that "play hard", "passion for the game" with all his first pumping bullshit after every out. lol

VC15

Reaction score
Montero hit three balls to the track last night, one to each part of the field. Ridiculous foul line to foul line power.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I hate that dumb shit and he's a scrub. Stupid fist pumping, I wish someone would show him up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%