Why LeCon won't ever win in Miami (or anywhere else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
The city of Cleveland, have you ever wanted to visit there? Probably not, would you go to watch LeBron play? Probably so how bout u shut up and start understanding the economic downturn that Cleveland is going to face. I'm not <Censored>ing saying that their city is filled with aliens or some <Censored>, but really, we all know how important sports are, so dont <Censored>ing sit on ur ass on a SPORTS FORUM and tell me that he wasn't the savior of that city. Please.

BTW Kobe didnt make a <Censored> ass pact with 2 of the better players in the NBA, he trusted his management to bring in the pieces he needed. Gilbert is a hell of an owner, and he brought in a coacn, he brought in Mo Williams, Shaq, Jamison. LeBron lost trust in the man who trusted him most, and the city that raised and adored him
i love you. :mellow:

will you have my forum babies?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The city of Cleveland, have you ever wanted to visit there? Probably not, would you go to watch LeBron play? Probably so how bout u shut up and start understanding the economic downturn that Cleveland is going to face. I'm not <Censored>ing saying that their city is filled with aliens or some <Censored>, but really, we all know how important sports are, so dont <Censored>ing sit on ur ass on a SPORTS FORUM and tell me that he wasn't the savior of that city. Please.

BTW Kobe didnt make a <Censored> ass pact with 2 of the better players in the NBA, he trusted his management to bring in the pieces he needed. Gilbert is a hell of an owner, and he brought in a coacn, he brought in Mo Williams, Shaq, Jamison. LeBron lost trust in the man who trusted him most, and the city that raised and adored him
How about this...Cleveland, BEEN THERE, seen Lebron play in Cleveland, BEEN THERE. I understand economics and I know all about the city of Cleveland. Matter of fact, I am pretty confident that I have a better understanding than somebody who has yet to outgrow Pokemon. Lebron was the biggest celebrity the city had for 7 years but he's no "savior". It's not like Lebron leaves and its: "ZOMG!! NO MESSIAH!! WHAT WILL WE DO!!" Lebron wasn't the nucleus of Cleveland..the f'ing taxpayers are. Maybe once you grow up a little, you'll recognize.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lebron had Shaq, Varejao, and Jamison...not a shabby group of big men but nothing compared to what Kobe has I know. Its still good enough for them to be "the best team in the NBA" so why should they be written off?

Kobe isn't winning titles by himself, but he has been apart of 5 championship teams. Dude is a <Censored>ing winner
Take away Shaq and Gasol...Kobe is ring-less.

dcpwner

Reaction score
yeah the taxpayers are, and i know enough about economics to garner college credit for it, so you should probably learn who you are talking to. LeBron was GOD, to Cleveland, and i know im Christian and if God gave me all these promises about how he represents me and how he'll never leave or dissapoint me, id be pretty pissed if he just turned around and left to go play bowling with his buddies and make thunder over in another universe.
Cleveland did need LeBron whether you refuse to believe it or not.

So heres the thing with Kobe, i think i explained why his rings will mean more than LeBron's ever will. You know what? Take away Pau and Shaq and Kobe is ringless? I don't know about that, I'm sure his management wouldn't let a huge void at one of the more important positions in basketball stay that way (ie when Shaq left Pau came within a few years) it's all about trust in your management and loyalty to your team, to your fans. Now I understand management can trade, and you have to respect that, but LeBron and his butt buddies acting on a "pact" like high school girls is rediculous and totally untrusting of any management, I doubt Miami puts all of the pieces together like LA did for Kobe, mainly because they think they have all the pieces.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm just going to let Bill Simmons say it for me: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100709

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah the taxpayers are, and i know enough about economics to garner college credit for it, so you should probably learn who you are talking to. LeBron was GOD, to Cleveland, and i know im Christian and if God gave me all these promises about how he represents me and how he'll never leave or dissapoint me, id be pretty pissed if he just turned around and left to go play bowling with his buddies and make thunder over in another universe.
Cleveland did need LeBron whether you refuse to believe it or not.

So heres the thing with Kobe, i think i explained why his rings will mean more than LeBron's ever will. You know what? Take away Pau and Shaq and Kobe is ringless? I don't know about that, I'm sure his management wouldn't let a huge void at one of the more important positions in basketball stay that way (ie when Shaq left Pau came within a few years) it's all about trust in your management and loyalty to your team, to your fans. Now I understand management can trade, and you have to respect that, but LeBron and his butt buddies acting on a "pact" like high school girls is rediculous and totally untrusting of any management, I doubt Miami puts all of the pieces together like LA did for Kobe, mainly because they think they have all the pieces.
Then I'll guess you're really gonna be pissed when I tell you that God is a fairy tale and nothing more.

Stop putting words into Lebron's mouth too.

dcpwner

Reaction score
Then I'll guess you're really gonna be pissed when I tell you that God is a fairy tale and nothing more.

Stop putting words into Lebron's mouth too.
Not really, thats the same as if some Chicago fan said to Dan Gilbert that he wanted LeBron in Chicago, doesnt mean jack.

And did u not see the poster of LeBron saying that he doesnt represent LeBron anymore, he represents Cleveland and Akron and how he won't dissappoint anyone? Or are u blind? And did u not see where he said he won't go ring chasing and how he wants to stay in Cleveland? Hes nothing more than a bad politician with an hour long special. Im not saying Cleveland doesnt deserve better, but he was all they had

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"You're tired of carrying mediocre teams. You want help. You want the luxury of not having to play a remarkable game every single night for eight straight months. You want to live in South Beach. You want to play with your buddies. I get it."

Bill Simmonds should of just stopped right there. ^

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not really, thats the same as if some Chicago fan said to Dan Gilbert that he wanted LeBron in Chicago, doesnt mean jack.

And did u not see the poster of LeBron saying that he doesnt represent LeBron anymore, he represents Cleveland and Akron and how he won't dissappoint anyone? Or are u blind? And did u not see where he said he won't go ring chasing and how he wants to stay in Cleveland? Hes nothing more than a bad politician with an hour long special. Im not saying Cleveland doesnt deserve better, but he was all they had
Dude, you're have scroll back some pages and read. I've already said a ton about all of this and I am getting tired of repeating myself.

All I will say is that you're f'ing dumb if you hold some what some Nike billboard says as a scripture. You're also ignorant to take something Lebron said some years ago and hold him accountable to it today. Have you ever said something once...only to totally negate it later in life? We all have, it happens, that's what makes us all human.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Resorting to what if's now

What if Lebron's parents never met? Lebron=non existent
Making a point about your so righteous and almighty Kobe Bryant. Kobe was never in a position to carry a team on his back and do it all himself. Even using him as an example is dumb.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"You're tired of carrying mediocre teams. You want help. You want the luxury of not having to play a remarkable game every single night for eight straight months. You want to live in South Beach. You want to play with your buddies. I get it."

Bill Simmonds should of just stopped right there. ^
Why?

The rest of the article explains why people like pm7, myself, and some other non-Cleveland fans, are "hating" on LeBron.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So Kobe Bryant is Robert Horry? I'm sure he was just there for the ride, right? I've been one to argue that Shaq is the best player of all time, but you discrediting Kobe as a major factor for winning titles, and thus using him as part of your debate as to why LeCon needs to leave and go join two other all stars to support him is utterly uncompromisable. Kobe did not join FREE AGENCY and toy with the whole league. Pau was traded to LA.

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
Making a point about your so righteous and almighty Kobe Bryant. Kobe was never in a position to carry a team on his back and do it all himself. Even using him as an example is dumb.
They made the playoffs in 06 as basically a 1 man team. I understand that they lost in the first round, but to even make the playoffs, much less take a far superior Suns team 7 games, is an accomplishment in it of itself.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When Kobe had no one, he worked his ASS off night in and night out to get somewhere. When Rudy Tomjanovich was the coach, he knew what he had to do in order for the Lakers to win, and that was score. He put his heart out there on the court night in and night out although the Lakers were a mediocre team in the West. He was the sole leader of that squad and tried his very best to do it all by himself. You never saw him quit, especially when he had "the best team in the league".

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lebron went to the place where he has the best chance to win a championship. Apparently that's a crime. Cleveland fans have the right to feel bitter and betrayed because he was homegrown and played for them. Knicks and Bulls and Nets fans need to shutup. He wasn't yours in the first place. It was your fanbase that was hyping the hope of him going there. How does this move make Lebron any less of a player? He's still the best player in the game and he's doing a good job ignoring people like 90% of the people in this thread.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As for the drama, hello, welcome to pop culture and the year of 2010. If Kobe was in this situation he would have done the same thing, same as every other top athlete in each sport. The way ESPN works now is almost TMZish. I'm sure Lebron didn't even think of the option of a TV show, I'm sure it was offered to him, and I'm sure he accepted and he did good with it by giving the money to charity.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score

wow this guy must of committed suicide by now

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
As for the drama, hello, welcome to pop culture and the year of 2010. If Kobe was in this situation he would have done the same thing, same as every other top athlete in each sport. The way ESPN works now is almost TMZish. I'm sure Lebron didn't even think of the option of a TV show, I'm sure it was offered to him, and I'm sure he accepted and he did good with it by giving the money to charity.
no his people told espn to book. epsn had to bend over backwards to just to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%