Why LeCon won't ever win in Miami (or anywhere else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To be honest, what is the lure of winning a championship? Isn't it to be able to say that you took your team to the next level? What is LeCon doing, going to an obviously stacked team that was not even being considered a few months ago, but now all of a sudden he thinks they have the best chance of winning? Hmm..

Reasons why LeCon won't ever win in Miami (or anywhere else):

1. LeCon just isn't clutch. Whether it's the fact that his jumpshot isn't as good as people think it is now, or the fact that he doesn't try in certain games, or if there actually is a "clutch gene" that he lacks - LeCon isn't clutch.

2. LeCon isn't nearly the playmaker that people make him out to be. He gets what I like to call "Allen Iverson assists". LeCon, much like Allen Iverson of old, only passes when he thinks/knows it will get him an assist. For example: driving and dumping to Shaq, dishing to a wide open three point shooter. When does LeCon pass, simply because it is part of the drawn up play?

3. "Talents to South Beach". It's statements like that which are reasons why he's been called a primadona for the past seven (or really, two-three years once people started thinking of 2010). Who makes a decision like that, and makes a statement like "I'm taking my talents to.." Remember that video of him throwing his warmups at the floor, and not to the guy whose job it is to take it from him? How about how after losses, he ran from adversity? Remember how quick he was to rip off his Cavs jersey this season after losing?

4. There is one ball. Dwyane Wade is essentially a point guard who scores too much, and is thus called a shooting guard. LeCon is a tight-end sized point guard. Who brings up the ball? Then, who "settles" for the Allen Iverson assist, as opposed to scoring? When does Chris Bosh (who is an overrated piece of crap, I'll get into it later).

5. Mario Chalmers is a good piece? And Toney Douglass isn't? Mario Chalmers is a PG who can't handle the ball or shoot, he's known for playing solid D and for making one shot in college. Where's Christian Laettner?

6. Dwyane Wade runs Miami still. Can LeCon take that? He has lived a life where everyone catered to him and his needs first and foremost. Everything was all about LeCon, from the minute he stepped in to high school, to his seven years in Cleveland. What will LeCon do when he looks into the crowd, and everyone is wearing Wade County shirts, and not witness shirts? Plus, since when are these three such great friends? Exactly how do Wade and Bosh feel that they made their announcement a few days ago, and LeCon got his own one hour show (and quite frankly, 2 month-special).

7. Who does Chris Bosh think he is? Since when is he this superstar? He played with Jose Calderson, who is a fine playmaker, and nothing else on that team. Chris Bosh is not nearly the scorer that people think he is. How many people are softer than Chris Bosh? But nobody ever calls him out on it. How will he and an undersized, lanky college shotblocker be able to stop the likes of Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Amar'e, etc? David Lee, who nobody respects, ripped Bosh apart. Teams with legit big men will rip them apart.

8. Yes, they have three all stars... What about center, the most important position in the NBA? What about PG, the person who sets the tone for the team?

Perhaps I am a bitter Knicks fan. Perhaps I would have written a similar article, outlining the reasons why King James will win a title in the big apple. But instead, LeCon copped out. He betrayed his home fans, a team that has had the best record for two straight years, and a finals appearance. And now, he'll go to Miami where the "fans" of Miami (who by the way, will stop giving a <Censored> in 5 years when they all leave) will be gravely disappointed when they don't win anything of value, namely an NBA championship.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I hate LeBron, and think goign to Miami was a dumb move, and lost total respect for him after the circus that was his free agency campaign.

As much as I agree with the idea that LeBron would have been better off in Chicago, I think all eight of your points are either inaccurate or unsubstantiated. The title of the topic is talking about why he won't win in Miami...yet most of your points don't relate to "winning"

1. He doesn't have to be clutch every single situation considering he has two fairly clutch players along side him.

2. An assist is an assist. Deciding to make the easy pass is better than taking the hard shot.

3. Not sure what this has to do with winning.

4. These guys are being paid millions, I am sure they can figure something out in the summer. They aren't going to ball hog like its a pick up game.

5. I don't think Mario Chalmers or Toney Douglas featured in either his decision, nor the likelihood of achieving success in Miami vs New York. Derrick Rose on the other hand is a different story.

6. If he wanted to be the sole face of the franchise, he wouldn't have chosen Miami. Considering the amount of money being thrown around, I don't think he is going to take the ball and go home when he doesn't see witness shirts.

7. Everyone I have heard, has said that LeBron is joining a superstar, and a star big man. I have not seen any commentator or analyst call Bosh a "superstar". An All-Star yes, who performed well on what was a sub-par team. Top 10 big man EASILY, and you can argue he is Top 5.

8. When did Center become the most important position? Also, Rajon Rondo and Kendrick Perkins showed that playing with all-stars can easily develop game. They need to sign a defensive minded center, and even with the minimum contract, there are plenty availble. And you said earlier, that LeBron and Wade are just point guards in different postions, so they clearly have no issue with setting the tone.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sorry, this is what happens when you title something before writing it. Essentially, it went from what I thought would be a sophisticated dismantling of LeCon as someone who won't win, but then I just got angry and started writing about how LeCon isn't the person everyone thinks he is, and how the Heat aren't locks to win anything. Does that change your stance on my stance now?

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Somewhat, I agree that he comes off as a ego-maniacal tool, but I am sure that he and Wade will find a way to co-exist. I don't have a problem with him leaving Cleveland, he was clearly not going to win a title there, but the manner in which he did it, was pretty much spitting in the face of the city that brought him up.

Oiler35

Reaction score

I guess you just might be able to consider that clutch.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with him leaving Cleveland, he was clearly not going to win a title there, but the manner in which he did it, was pretty much spitting in the face of the city that brought him up.
QFT

This is why a lot of non-Cleveland or Miami fans, at least myself anyway, are hating on LeBron. I'm a casual fan, I really don't care that this could lead to multiple championships while the Celtics slowly fade back into mediocrity. It's all about how this happened. Think what you want but there was definitely a better way than all the shenanigans leading up to the stupid one hour special....who the fuck has a one hour special for signing with another team.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also compare the one hour special to the five minute interview Bosh and Wade did at the same time.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also compare the one hour special to the five minute interview Bosh and Wade did at the same time.
That's one of the points that I made.. LeCon just has to overshadow everyone.

VC15

Reaction score
Wade and Bosh are both injury prone players who won't last much longer? Especially with the increased workload that these guys will have to take on in order to even be on the same level as LA, Orlando, etc...

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL @ the continued reactions of Cavs', Bulls', and Knicks' fans. To think that all you people are coming down hard on Lebron, when in fact your pages and pages of bullsh_t is the only pathetic thing about this whole situation.

Lebron is a traitor to Cavs fans.

Lebron is a coward to Bulls fans.

Lebron is a liar to Knicks fans.

Lebron, Wade and Bosh are better than anything those 3 teams can offer and they'll win that damn ring before Chicago, New York, and Cleveland manage to get their way to the finals. Keep on thinking of every reason in the world why Lebron won't win in Miami...it's only going to make you look more and more like a moron once the Heat do what they're going to do.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Robert Horry is not going to win any rings with Miami.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Robert Horry is not going to win any rings with Miami.
Hey now, Robert Horry actually made some clutch plays in his career, and never gave up on his team..

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
LeBron James will never even come close to Horry's # of rings, or clutch plays.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn Yanks went in on LeBailout. Kudos to you. Anybody want to bet some posts that he shows up to the garden wearing yankees gear talking about how much he loves ny.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'll take that bet, I don't think LeRobin has the balls to show his face in New York ever again outside of MSG where he will be surrounded by three times as many bodyguards as normal. But thanks for the appreciation man, glad we see eye-to-eye on this.

I was talking to my friends about this prior to the announcement. If he signed with the Knicks, I'm obviously ecstatic. If he signs with the Cavs, I'm upset but don't mind and actually respect the guy. Miami? C'mon you cop out.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he signed with the Knicks, I'm obviously ecstatic. If he signs with the Cavs, I'm upset but don't mind and actually respect the guy. Miami? C'mon you cop out.

I completely agree, its a cop out.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think Lebron made the best decision for himself and I dont fault him for that. He wants to win more than anything and this move to the Heat exemplifies that. He is taking less money, all this criticism, a hit on his legacy, and leaving his hometown to win. He is going to win atleast 1 championship and everyone knows that. I do dislike the way he handled the situation flirting with all these teams and having the 1 hour special to basically tell his team that he doesnt need them anymore, it was very egotistical.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It’s all about competing, about trying to be the best. It’s also important to me to make the team I’m on now the best. I don’t want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we’re on our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%