Why LeCon won't ever win in Miami (or anywhere else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BUMP FOR AE.
I already went into it a lot last night...this whole thing about Lebron "betraying" his hometown team. First off, by chance, the guy ended up being drafted by the team from his homestate. Jordan never played pro-ball in NC and Kobe never played for the 76ers. But b/c Lebron was drafted by the Cavs, he's held to a different standard? On top of that, Lebron didn't refuse to play for the Cavs, demand any trades, or even pull some sort of a holdout. The guy put Cleveland basketball back onto the map, he totally embraced that city, and now he's chosen to move on. If Lebron had been drafted by Seattle or Toronto back then, things would be different today and why is that? Would we be hearing all this "betrayal" sh-t, had he been a Raptor for 7 years? What the hell obligates Lebron to the state of Ohio forever? NOTHING! He fulfilled his contract, he gave a lot, and now he's moving on. GET OVER IT.

What are all these things Lebron supposedly "said in the past"? When asked about signing a shorter contract with the Cavs last time, he said he was going to keep his options open for the Summer of 2010. If anything, he gave us all fair warning. Elcheato is holding onto some quote about Lebron not wanting to leave Cleveland to "go ring chasing". Maybe he said, maybe he didn't but things change and people change even more. After seeing Johnny Damon sign with the Yankees and Brett Favre suit up for the Vikings, I can't take something an athlete says and hold it down as scripture.

So the man is admitting that he can't do it on his own. So? Have we not already known this for a few seasons now? Is this not why the Cavs dealt for Mo Will, Shaq, and Jamison? Lebron is sacrificing his game, his ego, and all his individual greatness for a chance to win a ring and I can't fault him for that. The man doesn't own Cleveland anything, Dan Gilbert anything, and he doesn't owe any of us sh-t. I'm a firm believer in putting yourself in somebody else's shoes and if I was in his position...I would most likely do the same. I would have to deal with the backlash but the opportunity to play with 2 good friends in South Beach...count me in.

Sorry your Lebron jersey has now lost all its value but the guy is doing what makes him happy. You guys can criticize him all you want but its a free country and he's broken no laws. Treating him like a criminal or an outcast just isn't right. This is f-cking basketball guys, not life and death. I see a lot of people with this attitude of: "How can he be the greatest player ever on team with Bosh and Wade!?!" Well maybe being the greatest player ever just isn't as important to him anymore. Maybe being a Champion is all the guy wants, maybe he's matured to a point where he wants team greatness instead of individual.

Cleveland just had their hearts ripped out of their chest but I am sorry they allowed themselves to wrap their entire city around 1 guy. d

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Your arguement has one huge hole: It is not a matter of achieving team greatness OR individual greatness. Michael achieved both simultaneously. Kobe is achieving both simultaneously. LeBron has basically cemented the fact that historically, he is not on that level. He cannot ever change that anymore, what's done is done. Maturing?!? How the hell can you possibly call LeBron mature? Whether you want to talk about not shaking hands, about blaming teammates for losing, about holding a DAMN ESPN SPECIAL TO ANNOUNCE HIS DECISION, to say LeBron is maturing is like saying the sky is brown. Mature players don't accept cop-outs, and going to Miami with two other all-stars is just that.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami wasn't even an option until Bosh which I think is total bullsh/t. I would have enjoyed much more seeing him on the Bulls with Rose or NY with whoever they sign.

That's what I've always said about LeBron though, he's just doesn't have the personality to be like MJ or Kobe. They are f/cking MEN. By that I mean they have that swag that "the greatest ever" should. Do you think MJ would have left? No he would've said f/ck you guys I'm going to win by myself.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
Miami wasn't even an option until Bosh which I think is total bullsh/t. I would have enjoyed much more seeing him on the Bulls with Rose or NY with whoever they sign.

That's what I've always said about LeBron though, he's just doesn't have the personality to be like MJ or Kobe. They are f/cking MEN. By that I mean they have that swag that "the greatest ever" should. Do you think MJ would have left? No he would've said f/ck you guys I'm going to win by myself.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Your arguement has one huge hole: It is not a matter of achieving team greatness OR individual greatness. Michael achieved both simultaneously. Kobe is achieving both simultaneously. LeBron has basically cemented the fact that historically, he is not on that level. He cannot ever change that anymore, what's done is done. Maturing?!? How the hell can you possibly call LeBron mature? Whether you want to talk about not shaking hands, about blaming teammates for losing, about holding a DAMN ESPN SPECIAL TO ANNOUNCE HIS DECISION, to say LeBron is maturing is like saying the sky is brown. Mature players don't accept cop-outs, and going to Miami with two other all-stars is just that.
Do you remember the Bulls w/o Jordan...or were you too young? Kobe couldn't achieve jack on his own...until Gasol was brought in. Gasol, fellow All-Star, cemented the Lakers as the best team in the league.

So the F-CK what if Lebron's change in team makes him different from the Jordan legacy or Kobe. What's it to you? Lebron's legacy is Lebron's problem, has nothing to do with you. Lebron is maturing....maturING, big difference from "mature". The ESPN special was all ESPN and you know it. Lebron most likely went along with it b/c the network made it charitable. I honestly don't think Lebron wanted to crush the city of Cleveland, live, on National TV...but he went along with it b/c it raised some money.

I find it funny you're throwing out this word "cop-out". I don't really think you know what it means.

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
I don't see how you can defend someone who toyed with all of these teams and held them hostage.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how you can defend someone who toyed with all of these teams and held them hostage.
I don't see how you can not understand how free agency works. Every team had their chance to make their pitch. What do you want the guy to do, decide within the first 24 hours of FA?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Do you remember the Bulls w/o Jordan...or were you too young? Kobe couldn't achieve jack on his own...until Gasol was brought in. Gasol, fellow All-Star, cemented the Lakers as the best team in the league.

So the F-CK what if Lebron's change in team makes him different from the Jordan legacy or Kobe. What's it to you? Lebron's legacy is Lebron's problem, has nothing to do with you. Lebron is maturing....maturING, big difference from "mature". The ESPN special was all ESPN and you know it. Lebron most likely went along with it b/c the network made it charitable. I honestly don't think Lebron wanted to crush the city of Cleveland, live, on National TV...but he went along with it b/c it raised some money.

I find it funny you're throwing out this word "cop-out". I don't really think you know what it means.
LeBron's supporting cast this past season was FAR better than anything Jordan had before Pippen or Bryant had in the "After Shaq, before Gasol" days. There was plenty of talent to go around on Cleveland's roster. "Lebron's legacy is Lebron's problem, has nothing to do with you" - So basketball fans don't matter anymore? That's one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. Based on your logic, Allen Iverson is still a star in this league because HE thinks he is. And no, I don't think the special was ESPN's idea, LeBron said he had been thinking about doing it for months.

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
I don't see how you can not understand how free agency works. Every team had their chance to make their pitch. What do you want the guy to do, decide within the first 24 hours of FA?
I'm not saying decide, but just tell if your leaving or not. The Cavs had no idea whether or not he was coming back, so they had no plan for free agency.

dcpwner

Reaction score
the ESPN thing came from LeBron's camp. Just FYI AE. ESPN had to literally jump through hoops to get the special. It wasn't ESPN who made it charitable, it was LeBrons camp. So yeah just saying on that.

VC15

Reaction score
I'm not saying decide, but just tell if your leaving or not. The Cavs had no idea whether or not he was coming back, so they had no plan for free agency.
That's what happens when people hang all of their hopes, dreams and ambitions on an athlete.

dcpwner

Reaction score
That's what happens when people hang all of their hopes, dreams and ambitions on an athlete.
Do you not understand? the city of Cleveland has nothing else for it besides LeBron, and now that hes gone, wtf? I mean really, no buildings, no economy, not a big population, a large amount of homeless/drifters. LeBron brought people to Cleveland as no one else could. So to say that makes u even more <Censored>ing stupid than i thought you were, which is pretty hard to do

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LeBron's supporting cast this past season was FAR better than anything Jordan had before Pippen or Bryant had in the "After Shaq, before Gasol" days. There was plenty of talent to go around on Cleveland's roster.
Okay....and much like Lebron, none won an NBA title during those years. I don't see you're point in comparing the pre-Gasol/post-Shaq Lakers or pre-Pippen Bulls, to the Cavs.
"Lebron's legacy is Lebron's problem, has nothing to do with you" - So basketball fans don't matter anymore? That's one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. Based on your logic, Allen Iverson is still a star in this league because HE thinks he is.
Lebron has to live with his legacy, not you. Sorry to rain on you're parade CC but you're not that important. If it makes you feel any better, neither am I in this situation. You can have an opinion as a basketball fan but it's of no business of the fans to take it this personal. And no, your A.I. reference doesn't even fit into the logic I am trying to shed.
And no, I don't think the special was ESPN's idea, LeBron said he had been thinking about doing it for months.
Who cares about the ESPN special at this point? It raised money and now that it's over, I can say it was entertaining.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you not understand? the city of Cleveland has nothing else for it besides LeBron, and now that hes gone, wtf? I mean really, no buildings, no economy, not a big population, a large amount of homeless/drifters. LeBron brought people to Cleveland as no one else could. So to say that makes u even more <Censored>ing stupid than i thought you were, which is pretty hard to do
Oh here we go.....

Painting Lebron like some sort of basketball Jesus & the City of Cleveland is freaking District 9. Give it a rest DC.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Well if you look at something almost every championship team has in common, there was like a good guard/good bigman combo. Obviously Kobe isn't winning any rings without a good PF/C on his team. Who would. Common knowlegdge

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if you look at something almost every championship team has in common, there was like a good guard/good bigman combo. Obviously Kobe isn't winning any rings without a good PF/C on his team. Who would. Common knowlegdge
Okay then...so lets stop harping on Lebron for trying to find the same thing. Cleveland fell short with Boozer and the Cavs couldn't bring in the right pieces after.

Let's stop making Kobe sound like he's winning titles by himself out there.

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
Okay then...so lets stop harping on Lebron for trying to find the same thing. Cleveland fell short with Boozer and the Cavs couldn't bring in the right pieces after.

It's not the same thing. Kobe is still the unquestioned leader of the team. LeBron's decided that he's not good enough to win a ring being the man, so he goes to another team to be Dwyane Wade's Pippen.

VC15

Reaction score
How is that my problem? If Cleveland is really that pathetic, then good for LeBron for bolting out of there.

dcpwner

Reaction score
The city of Cleveland, have you ever wanted to visit there? Probably not, would you go to watch LeBron play? Probably so how bout u shut up and start understanding the economic downturn that Cleveland is going to face. I'm not <Censored>ing saying that their city is filled with aliens or some <Censored>, but really, we all know how important sports are, so dont <Censored>ing sit on ur ass on a SPORTS FORUM and tell me that he wasn't the savior of that city. Please.

BTW Kobe didnt make a <Censored> ass pact with 2 of the better players in the NBA, he trusted his management to bring in the pieces he needed. Gilbert is a hell of an owner, and he brought in a coacn, he brought in Mo Williams, Shaq, Jamison. LeBron lost trust in the man who trusted him most, and the city that raised and adored him

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Lebron had Shaq, Varejao, and Jamison...not a shabby group of big men but nothing compared to what Kobe has I know. Its still good enough for them to be "the best team in the NBA" so why should they be written off?

Kobe isn't winning titles by himself, but he has been apart of 5 championship teams. Dude is a <Censored>ing winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%