Who's In/Out '14 NBA Draft Edition

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The stereotypical comparison for Staukas is Redick, but I do think they compare somewhat favorably, with Redick being the better shooter, and Staukas having a little better handle and being a little more athletic

Signifcant difference being Staukas had more ball handling duties, which might hurt him in the NBA, because that won't be his game.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have a comparison for Stauskas...Kevin Martin

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nik denies the reports. But it is inevitable.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
The stereotypical comparison for Staukas is Redick, but I do think they compare somewhat favorably, with Redick being the better shooter, and Staukas having a little better handle and being a little more athletic

Signifcant difference being Staukas had more ball handling duties, which might hurt him in the NBA, because that won't be his game.
I like the Kevin Martin comparison but I don't think Stauskas will ever be a 23+ PPG scorer in the league. I think their games are similar though

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I like the Kevin Martin comparison but I don't think Stauskas will ever be a 23+ PPG scorer in the league. I think their games are similar though
Took the words right out of my mouth.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
So I guess the right thing to do would be to call him a "Poor Man's Kevin Martin" haha

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Roscoe Smith from UNLV (originally played for UConn, was on their '11 title team) is declaring. Not a big name but I figured we should cover all the bases

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Roscoe Smith from UNLV (originally played for UConn, was on their '11 title team) is declaring. Not a big name but I figured we should cover all the bases
didnt even know roscoe transferred

Would be 100% shocked if drafted. He's an average college player at best

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Was a really good rebounder at UNLV. Pretty sure he was top 5 in the country in that regard.

But you're right, I don't think he gets drafted. He might have a professional career in the D-League or something though. Pretty sure he's 22 so he just wants to get out.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/tmoore76ers/status/454025180017606656

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that the other day. Don't think it means he's coming back for sure but it at least shows he's seriously considering it.

dcpwner

Reaction score
Wouldn't be shocked at all of he returned to Duke. I think the rumors of him and Okafor wanting to play together are true

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They are but does he want it bad enough to turn down a top 3 pick? I've said all along Jabari isn't a lock to go one-and-done but I still think he will.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okafor coming to town could hurt Parker's stock, I think. He's going to shine offensively and take away some of the spotlight.

Or it could help, as people won't pay a much attention to Parker, and not breakdown his flaws.

I could see either argument.

dcpwner

Reaction score
I think latter and I don't think it'll hurt Parkers draft stock. I could see Okafor and Parker going 1-2 similar to Wiggins and Embiid are projected to go this year. Parker and Okafor in the front court would shine.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Not to mention they'd both have the #1 PG in Tyus Jones distributing them the ball.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Jon Horford is transferring from Michigan. I think this might be relevant to this thread because I think it might be a signal that Mitch McGary is going to return to Ann Arbor. If McGary were to declare and with Jordan Morgan graduated, there would be endless amounts of playing time for Horford next year. But that's not the case if McGary comes back.

I've always thought McGary was overrated as a draft prospect. He's extremely old for his class and I think his stock only received that initial boost after a good five game stretch in the 2013 tournament. I don't think he's a first round pick, which I guess is another good reason for him to return.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%