Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Sorry to barge in, but they lost players that you have called "Meh" in the past...

Can't be that big of a loss... Just saying

Oiler35

Reaction score
You're right, guys can't develop and become better, so using that wonderful assumption you made, Gabbert's going to be terrible...

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Sorry to barge in, but they lost players that you have called "Meh" in the past...

If the players yall lost were meh..

wanna take a guess at what the guys behind them were?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jags... Think the Colts are in for either a wild card year or just a down season. MJD will carry the Jags to the division title. Gabbert is an upgrade to Garrard, and the defense is improved.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Jags... Think the Colts are in for either a wild card year or just a down season. MJD will carry the Jags to the division title. Gabbert is an upgrade to Garrard, and the defense is improved.
Finally somebody sees what I see..

Not a homer.. just being realistic.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not as crazy as some people here are trying to make it out to be, that's for sure.. 8-8 last season, pretty good free agent signings this year and drafted the guy I thought was the best QB in the draft. Pretty sure I said sometime after the draft that the Jags have a chance to win the division, and some solid free agent pick ups certainly help.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
It's not as crazy as some people here are trying to make it out to be, that's for sure.. 8-8 last season, pretty good free agent signings this year and drafted the guy I thought was the best QB in the draft. Pretty sure I said sometime after the draft that the Jags have a chance to win the division, and some solid free agent pick ups certainly help.
Can't tell these idiots anything.

TTN2810

Reaction score
It's going to be tight. Very tight. But I'll go with Houston. I love their LB's ( Reed, Ryans, Cushing, Williams), and JJ Watt will be a force on the line. Joseph is a huge upgrade too, and I also love the Brandon Harris pick. I worry about NT, but I think the upgrades they made will be enough to really improve the D. And of course we all know what there offense can do.

My homer pick is the Titans btw.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I'll go with Houston. I've picked them in the past and they never win it though so we'll see.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

not to mention one of those "meh" players is their new starting OLB in Clint Sessions.

He's suddenly great now that he went from Indy to Jacksonville!

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
not to mention one of those "meh" players is their new starting OLB in Clint Sessions.

He's suddenly great now that he went from Indy to Jacksonville!
Never said Clint was great, Clint still isn't great.

I said Clint is an upgrade to who we had at the position.. which is Undrafted Free Agent Russell Allen.

You know so much... :rolleyes:

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
It's going to be tight. Very tight. But I'll go with Houston. I love their LB's ( Reed, Ryans, Cushing, Williams), and JJ Watt will be a force on the line. Joseph is a huge upgrade too, and I also love the Brandon Harris pick. I worry about NT, but I think the upgrades they made will be enough to really improve the D. And of course we all know what there offense can do.

My homer pick is the Titans btw.
NT is also one of my major concerns with the Texans.

3-4 NT is the most important position in the 3-4.. and the Texans don't have one.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Their run defense will certainly suffer, but I think the new system with Reed and Williams off the edge and Joseph and the other secondary upgrades, they should be able to handle the Colts offense. But MJD and CJ may run all over them. And that is where the Texans offense has to match it, and I think they can.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Their run defense will certainly suffer, but I think the new system with Reed and Williams off the edge and Joseph and the other secondary upgrades, they should be able to handle the Colts offense. But MJD and CJ may run all over them. And that is where the Texans offense has to match it, and I think they can.
I'll break down all of my concerns with the Texans.

Arian Foster = product of the zone blocking system. He lost his biggest asset this year in Vonte Leach.. hes going come back out and had a year like last year? No, teams are actually game planning for him now and has had a whole year/offseason to do it.

No NT like I stated before.

Cushing moved to Middle LB. Which he was horrible at when he was moved there last year when Ryans went down with a season ending injury.. they then bounced him to the outside because he was playing THAT bad. Still hasn't been the same player since he got busted for roids. Hes not going to succeed as a ILB in the 3-4.

Alot of Texan fans are bragging about the upgrade at Safety with Danieal Manning and hes about as good as Bernard Pollard, so he really isn't going to help them out much.

Can Mario Williams create pressure and get sacks from a 3-4 OLB standpoint? He's never did it before.. I know hes athletic and all, but before he officially played his first game, they made him gain weight so he can battle these fat ass LT's in the league. He's now shed that weight this offseason to become quicker on the outside.. hows that going to work for them?

If JJ Watt doesn't work out (some people don't think he will" Then the Texans front 7 = RUINED.. They have no DE's and no NT.. they're pretty much giving him the keys to the 3-4 car and hoping he makes it work because they have no NT.

Which brings me back to my NT point..

People say "Oh, they fixed the secondary.. they will be a playoff team now".. that wasn't their only problem. They still got ran on like a bitch and now they'll really get ran on. Running = keeps the clock ticking and keeps your defense fresh. Texans have already had a few injury bugs already this year with Andre Johnson and Arian Foster.

Also... my last reason.

Gary Kubiak.

Thank you.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
They replaced Leach with Vickers, not a big deal at all.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vickers is arguably the best blocking fullback in the NFL, but that's all he can do as a FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%