Warren Moon can’t understand what Cam Newton’s critics see

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaggy said:

Yea, when he gets a sack and tackle for a loss.  All D players celebrate a little when the get a sack or INT.  Do they celebrate when they get a tackle that wasn't a sack or loss?  Not really.  Cam celebrates when he gets a first down.  I don't care if he celebrates it or not, it doesn't bother me much(it did when he was killing the Cardinals :) ) but i know why people may think its a little overboard.  Cam is good.  He has gotten better and better each year and deserves to be where he is this weekend.   

Laron Landry used to do that after a tackle 15 yards down field.  It pissed me off to no end.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

Laron Landry used to do that after a tackle 15 yards down field.  It pissed me off to no end.

That's what Cam does after every first down.  It's what gets some people pissed off.  Why, I don't know, but stop him from getting a first down or TDs and it will all stop. ;)

Fuhgeddaboudit said:
Exactly what has been said, no fun league has spread to fans, people hate him because he's black and celebrating. It's fucking pure shit, and I really do feel awful reading and hearing people say dumb shit like that. 

So you saying I am saying dumb shit?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Cam was doing all this celebrating even when the Panthers were crap. I mean if he can back it up, good for him. Sports always needs a good "villain" or someone you love to root against.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
Cam was doing all this celebrating even when the Panthers were crap. I mean if he can back it up, good for him. Sports always needs a good "villain" or someone you love to root against.

True, but now he is in the lime light and is see be alot more people.  I can't believe its a big deal.  Beat him in the Super Bowl and he will stop celebrating. :;)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Francesa made a good point yesterday regarding Peyton - it's better not to make the Super Bowl than to make the big game and lose it.

Discuss.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Francesa made a good point yesterday regarding Peyton - it's better not to make the Super Bowl than to make the big game and lose it.

Discuss.
cam newton is black

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Lets call it what it is, people identify with what they are accustomed to and people they find relatable.

In this case middle aged white men identify with Peyton because of his southern drawl, lack of showboating, "lunch pail" to work persona, and the fact he is white.

Same thing goes for Cam and younger generation football fans.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
Lets call it what it is, people identify with what they are accustomed to and people they find relatable.

In this case middle aged white men identify with Peyton because of his southern drawl, lack of showboating, "lunch pail" to work persona, and the fact he is white.

Could be right.  I like Cam and what he has done.  I also like Peyton so I am both a middle age and young guy at the same time. ;)

JJ94

Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:

Before laughing, this tweet from earlier made me think of this post.

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/695259143532367873

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Shaggy said:

That's what Cam does after every first down.  It's what gets some people pissed off.  Why, I don't know, but stop him from getting a first down or TDs and it will all stop.

So you saying I am saying dumb shit?

Not anyone here, just facebook people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%