Updated Mock draft

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
1. [font="Verdana][size="4"]Carolina - DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Carolina will be in a tough spot if they land this pick. Trading down would make the most sense, since they do not have a second rounder and have quite a few needs. If they stay here, taking Luck and passing on upgrading other positions may be difficult. Bowers would give them the type of standout playmaker off the edge they had before Julius Peppers left town.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]2. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Cincinnati - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]The Bengals aren't going anywhere with Carson Palmer at the helm. They would be better served moving him to a team in need of a veteran at QB and starting over with Luck.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]3. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Denver - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]A new coach may implement his own scheme, but every defense can use a shut down corner. Peterson is a shut down talent with tremendous size for the position that would help any defense.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]4. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Detroit - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]The Lions are in a great spot to land one of the elite corners, so this pick is pretty easy with Peterson off the board.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]5. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Buffalo - Jake Locker, QB, Washington [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Ryan Fitzpatrick has done a solid job leading the Bills offense. While he will not be considered a long term answer, his success could give a rookie QB some time to adjust to the NFL before taking over. A talent and leader like Locker, who is accustomed to the cold weather, would be the ideal fit long term.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]6. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Arizona - Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]An offensive tackle makes the most sense, but the team can't afford to reach for one here. Ryan Mallett may draw consideration but he does have some similarities to Derek Anderson, which could be a turn off. Quinn would give them a difference maker off the edge, and help improve things on the defensive side of the ball.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]7. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Dallas - Marcell Dareus, DL, Alabama [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]The offensive line and secondary could be the areas the Cowboys focus on, but at this point in the draft, nobody provides enough value. Upgrading the talent on the defensive line would make sense, and a guy like Dareus would provide an infusion of youth. Dareus may not be the prototype 3-4 end, but he can play the role along with providing a boost on passing downs with his ability to get up the field.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]8. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]San Francisco - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Many may point to Alex Smith as a reason to not take a QB this high, but the 9ers may have no choice. The team does have a couple solid weapons in Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, and Vernon Davis but the person taking the snaps has left a lot to be desired. Mallett is the type of gunslinger that could help open the offense up.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]9. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Tennessee - Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Ayers is the type of athlete every coach dreams of having in their defense. He impacts all phases of the game, and he would provide an immediate playmaking element to whoever selects him.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]10. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Washington - AJ Green, WR, Georgia [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]The Skins offense needs help, and Green is just what the doctor ordered. He is the best playmaker available in the draft, and his ability as a go to weapon and playmaker will open up the rest of the offense.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]11. [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Houston - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn [/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="4"]Scoring points is not a problem for the Texans. Preventing opponents from scoring is. The secondary needs a lot of help, but may be a reach here. Fairley's best trait is his ability to get up the field, and that should help the secondary out.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]12. Minnesota - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
QB is the obvious need at the top of the Vikes off season needs, but for a team looking to win now, a rookie is not the way to go. Expect them to explore trades for a veteran, possibly Carson Palmer, in the off season. While this pick could be involved in a trade, if they keep it, they may look for more youth on the defensive line. Clayborn is a complete end that would fit well on the other side of Jared Allen.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]13. Cleveland - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Peyton Hillis has been a surprise, but the team needs playmakers at the receiver spot. Colt McCoy has shown enough to be given the job, but he needs playmakers. Jones would give him a big target that can make plays, and help the rest of the receivers fall into roles more suitable to their talents.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]14. New England(Oak) - Allen Bailey, DL, Miami
The offense is in good hands, although the offensive line could be addressed depending on the teams plans in free agency. Belichick loves defensive lineman, and the team hasn't had one with the athleticism of Bailey since Richard Seymour left town.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]15. Seattle - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
Russell Okung mans one side, but the team would love to find the other bookend and not have to address the tackle position for a long time. Solder has as much talent as any tackle in the draft, and should have a great workout circuit to cement his status in the top 25 of the draft.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]16. San Diego - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
The Chargers have a lot of free agents, and will have a lot of decisions to make. No matter what happens, keeping Philip Rivers upright and healthy is priority #1. Castonzo would give the team consistency on the right side and could shift over to the left side if the need arises.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]17. Indianapolis - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon St.
It seems upgrading the interior defensive line and run game has been a need for years, and each year the Colts neglect the position in the first round. Not this year. Paea may not be the attacking type of lineman that will get a lot of sacks, but he clogs running lanes by himself and can still get up the field to disrupt the action.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]18. Miami - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
The Dolphins offense is built around the running game, so it is imperative that they have the RB position taken care of. With both Brown and Williams being free agents, and having a lot of wear on their bodies, it may be time to get younger. Even if they bring one of those two back, a younger player to carry the load and offense for the next few years is needed. Cam Newton could be a player to watch here. His presence alone changes the complexion of the offense, and QB is far from settled for the Phins.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]19. Tampa Bay - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
The Bucs continue to upgrade their defensive front. After using their top two picks last year on defensive tackles, they now add an end that can apply consistent pressure off the edge.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]20. Green Bay - Von Miller, OLB, Texas AM
Clay Matthews has been a stud on one side for the Pack, but they could still use more help on the other side. A pass rush that features Miller and Matthews would make it a lot easier for the rest of the defense to do their job.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]21. St. Louis - Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.
Sam Bradford's rookie season has been amazing considering the WR situation for the Rams. Donnie Avery was suppose to be his top target but a knee injury in the pre season put him on the shelf. A trade for Mark Clayton paid immediate dividends, but then he went down for the year. Giving him a go to target would help take the offense up a notch, and reduce the load on not only Bradford, but Steven Jackson as well.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]22. Kansas City - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
Matt Cassel has had a solid season, and Dwayne Bowe has had a breakout season, although he still drops too many passes. The team could use more help at WR but there isn't much value here. The running game is top notch, but the team will look to upgrade the offensive line again. Carimi's presence will only help the already strong running game, but help give Cassel more time to open up the passing game.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]23. NY Giants - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
The offensive line is a position that you always need to keep stocked. Tyron Smith is a phenomenal athlete that may not be ready to provide an impact day one, but at some point, he has all pro ability. His long arms and natural agility are the prototype for a tackle, but he will need to pack on a few pounds to hold up at the point of attack consistently.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]24. Jacksonville - Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn
The Jags battling for the division lead right now, and depending on how the team closes, they may want to address a more immediate need and continue moving forward. Newton may be the best move for the team for the long haul. Garrard has been on the hot seat for a couple years now, and does just enough to keep his job. Selecting Newton may neglect an immediate need like end, but could set the team up much better for the next decade.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]25. Chicago - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
Keeping Jay Cutler healthy, and giving him enough time to make plays may be the top need heading into the off season for the Bears. Sherrod could play a number of positions, so his versatility would be a welcomed addition.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]26. NY Jets - Cameron Jordan, DL, California
The defensive side of the ball is always going to draw a lot of attention from a coach like Ryan, especially when it becomes a need. Adding some youth to the front seven is a need, and Jordan would be a great fit along the line.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]27. Philadelphia - Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
In a division that features has a slew of big play wide receivers, teams have to have the talent in the secondary to match up. Asante Samuel is a big play guy, but gives up just as many plays. Jenkins is a great cover man that would help the Eagles match up better with the Cowboys and Giants receivers.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]28. Baltimore - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.
Heyward can be a difference maker when motivated, and where better for him to land than on a defense with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]29. New Orleans - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
Upgrading the talent level along the defensive line is definitely going to be a priority. Nevis may not be a true run clogger at DT, but his ability to get up the field and disrupt the action will make him an impact defender against both the run and pass.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]30. Pittsburgh - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
Hines Ward will not play forever, but he'd be a great mentor for the next year or two for Baldwin. Baldwin's size and ability to go get the football would make him a force in the red zone, and a great complement to Mike Wallace.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]31. Atlanta - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
Matt Ryan and the offense do an excellent job of putting points on the board. Adding more pieces to the defense is the direction the team will head on draft day. A pass rusher would be nice, but the best value lies at the corner position. The team added Dunta Robinson last off season, but he needs more help and Williams has the ball skills and size to start opposite him.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]32. New England - Mike Pouncey, OL, Florida
Belichick used his Meyer connection to select three Gators last year, and he heads back for another this year. Mike's brother Maurkice has had great success and the Patriots hope to find similar success from him. Depending on the Logan Mankins situation, he could end up being a replacement at guard or center.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="4"]Obviously, at this point in time all mocks are different and lots of changes can still happen from here on out but I found this one interesting, tell me what you think.
[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]

TTN2810

Reaction score
Who made that?
I disagree with ALOT of that. If the Panthers don't take Luck, which they will, they would trade down for a DT, presumably Fairley. And Tennessee taking a LB? <Censored> no. They're the strongest part of our defense. If anything, a CB would be taken, but I really hope a QB will be.

Also, Locker will not go that early. I can almost guarantee that. His stock has fallen alot. At this point it looks like Mallett and even Newton will both go before him.

Also, AJ wont make it to 10.

Reaction score
I know Runningback isn't that much of a need for the Colts, because Addai isn't bad, the line just can't block. I think Mark Ingram would be a cool pick up too, but I'd rather have us draft an O Lineman or a D Tackle.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Vikings are not drafting a DE. Jared Allan is an elite DE and Edwards is good. They're going QB or a CB/S 1st round no matter what.

I agree with the position the Jets are taking, just don't know much about the guy.

Reaction score
Vikings are not drafting a DE. Jared Allan is an elite DE and Edwards is good. They're going QB or a CB/S 1st round no matter what.

I agree with the position the Jets are taking, just don't know much about the guy.
I wouldn't call Allen elite, but I agree I think they take a guy like Mallet.

Mooche

Reaction score
Is this your mock man? Kudos to you for tossing this up, but I just don't see a lot of this happening.

I do really like the Colts selection though.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The Panthers haven't even wrapped up the first overall pick yet so a lot can happen.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If the Bengals were to get the first overall pick, who would they pick?

Mooche

Reaction score
I'd say the Panthers do have the first overall wrapped up personally. They have the Steelers and Falcons in their next two games, which they won't win.

However, based on this Mock, it is just not logical to select Bowers with the first overall selection. Here is a damn dominant player, but truthfully they need much more than a talented DE to restore hope in Carolina. Julius Peppers couldn't even do that in his prime there, what makes you think that this kid can do it? I see Andrew Luck as far and away the top prospect at the QB position, and he is a must pick choice in this situation for the Panthers.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Andrew Luck. Why would the Bengals want a QB that is older that has regressed?
I don't know, Mike Brown loves Carson Palmer so he most likely won't be going anywhere but I'm done trying to predict what will happen because I have no idea.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I'd say the Panthers do have the first overall wrapped up personally. They have the Steelers and Falcons in their next two games, which they won't win.

However, based on this Mock, it is just not logical to select Bowers with the first overall selection. Here is a damn dominant player, but truthfully they need much more than a talented DE to restore hope in Carolina. Julius Peppers couldn't even do that in his prime there, what makes you think that this kid can do it? I see Andrew Luck as far and away the top prospect at the QB position, and he is a must pick choice in this situation for the Panthers.
It all depends on what happens today. If the Panthers beat the Cardinals and the Bengals lose to the Browns, then the Bengals have the first overall pick with the Chargers and Ravens remaining, I don't see any wins there, either.

Mooche

Reaction score
It all depends on what happens today. If the Panthers beat the Cardinals and the Bengals lose to the Browns, then the Bengals have the first overall pick with the Chargers and Ravens remaining, I don't see any wins there, either.
I'd still say the Panthers are in the better position to be selected number one overall. I know anything can happen, it's just to be honest, I don't know if it would mean any difference but based on the ability to trade out for the Bengals.

You guys may in fact take Bowers, but with the rise and maturity of guys like Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap at DE I don't know how much of a pressing need it really is for your team.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I'd still say the Panthers are in the better position to be selected number one overall. I know anything can happen, it's just to be honest, I don't know if it would mean any difference but based on the ability to trade out for the Bengals.

You guys may in fact take Bowers, but with the rise and maturity of guys like Michael Johnson and Carlos Dunlap at DE I don't know how much of a pressing need it really is for your team.
I don't think we need Bowers with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, Michael Johnson all starting to play really well. Odom is injured and should be back next year, possibly. I think we need to address other concerns such as RB, it's quite evident, Cedric Benson will NOT be back here next year. Also, WR may be big if Terrell Owens and/or Chad Ochocinco don't come back next year. Those will be the pressing needs IMO.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami takin Cam Newton is very interesting. He would do great in a wildcat offense. Which Miami has been known to run. But I think they like Henne a lil too much to do that.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Allen elite, but I agree I think they take a guy like Mallet.
Jared Allen is an elite DE. He's been widely regarded as the top DE, or one of the top 2/3 DEs in the NFL the last few years. He has the most sacks in the NFL since he's been in the league. He has 9.5 sacks with 3 games left to play and this has been considered a down year for him. He's as good as the come at the DE position. I know you're going to take Dwight Freeney over him because of the whole Colts thing, but Dwight is right there with him IMO.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
[font="arial][url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang"]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang[/url][/font]

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fuck that mock draft

Giving the Cards Cam Newton...I'd be devastated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%