UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
i guess that means more time with that avy pugz ;)

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What a fukking copout...Carwin totally exhausted himself in 1 round!?! I have lost all respect for Carwin...he's clearly all muscle. Props to Lesnar for survivng that 1st round...Carwin just nothing on the ground...nothing left in the tank after 2 minutes of the fight.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ref should have stopped the fight smh.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cain Velasquez has a ground game Brock.

Brock vindicates himself tonight, still cannot stand the fact a former WWF champion is carrying our UFC belt.

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
Bull<Censored>. If he had stopped the fight in that first round that would have been a <Censored>ing joke. Brock was always actively defending himself. You have to respect the way he survived that onslaught, and the way he turned the fight into a technical one, regardless of what you think of Lesnar or what he is doing to the sport.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Depending on the referee, that fight would of been stopped real quick in the 1st. Josh Rosenthal let the fight go on & that's a big reason why fans favor him so much.

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
I can't stand refs that stop a fight as soon as someone is dropped.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
I don't think the fight should of been stopped. Lesnar was trying to block Carwins punches. He woulda gave up if he was really "HURT"

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't stand refs that stop a fight as soon as someone is dropped.
Depends on whether its really "Lights Out" or not. Keep in mind that referees don't have an easy job and are trying to protect the fighters as best they can.

mg91

Mr. Man Utd
Reaction score
Yes, but they need to be 100% sure that the other guy can't defend himself. Brock was clearly still in it, he was in trouble, yes, but he had his hands up, he was trying to kick Carwin off, and the decision was vindicated by the way Brock recovered and won the fight.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Depends on whether its really "Lights Out" or not. Keep in mind that referees don't have an easy job and are trying to protect the fighters as best they can.
This. Sometimes they even stop the fight because of a cut (see the first Bonnar vs Sosynski (sp) fight).

EDIT: AE do u think there could be a possible rematch? Or is it gonna be Cain vs Brock?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This. Sometimes they even stop the fight because of a cut (see the first Bonnar vs Sosynski (sp) fight).

EDIT: AE do u think there could be a possible rematch? Or is it gonna be Cain vs Brock?
It's gonna be Cain vs. Brock, positive. If Brock would of never gotten deathly ill last year, Cain would of gotten his crack at the belt by now.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hope that Cain wins. I give props to Brock for showing some heart, coming back strong and submitting a pretty big guy. I still don't like him.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Wow, I loved these cards.

That Leber match was <Censored>ing heroic.

Lesnar was actively defending himself and the only time he took shots was when he was trying to escape.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Also, what a hell of an effort from Bonnar.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, this is easily one of my favourite UFC events. Even though Lesnar won <_<

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I will agree, it was elite.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, this is easily one of my favourite UFC events. Even though Lesnar won <_<
Exactly my thoughts. The Leben/Bonnar fights were the some of the best fights that I have seen recently. Finally a good card from the UFC, it's been a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%