Trade Deadline Winners/Losers

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of it either, but if it does happen it is what it is, I guess.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Senators26 said:
Jays are now losers after making a move for Liriano. The move means Cy Young candidate Aaron Sanchez is moving to the bullpen. Booo

I liked that move for them. They get prospects for taking on his contract and he's probably going to be the one to make the move to the bullpen and be a late spot starter to rest Sanchez later in the season.

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Yankees sell for the first time in 20 years and their fans think all the prospects automatically turn into stars haha

That being said they got good value
Just following the MO of Cubs Fans

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is hilarious to see the reaction to the Yankees. They did well for themselves but the national and local media are acting like this is some bold, futuristic, ahead of the curve strategy. They were a mediocre team and sold their most valuable pieces, first time it's ever happened

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
I mean we traded two relievers and a 40 year old man, two of which are rentals, for a bunch of young studs. People are gonna react the way they are considering the Yanks are actually selling but these moves have given them one of the best farm systems in baseball. It is what it is.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Headline article currently on ESPN:

"'Uber' Yankees? Brian Cashman hatches LeBron James-like master plan"

Senators26

Reaction score
Yankees are the first team to ever rebuild and acquire top prospects.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
They made a killing is all i'm saying

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Just following the MO of Cubs Fans
Except the Cubs fans have been right in recent years lol

Rizzo, Bryant, Russell, Castillo seem to be doing pretty well. Backbone of the best team in baseball, 3 of them All-Stars. Schwarber too early to say but he was a tank last year and a huge part of their playoff run. Baez also very vital to the teams success

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean some of the "Yankees" fan i've seen don't even know half the guys we traded. Calling worst trades ever.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's how every fanbase is. Anytime you trade for prospects there is a portion of the fanbase that will be upset. 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
All depends on whether or not you trust your front office

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Except the Cubs fans have been right in recent years lol

Rizzo, Bryant, Russell, Castillo seem to be doing pretty well. Backbone of the best team in baseball, 3 of them All-Stars. Schwarber too early to say but he was a tank last year and a huge part of their playoff run. Baez also very vital to the teams success
And the Yankees maybe right too.  Seems this topic is over your head.

The Cub fans raved about their specs before anything was shown as well. 

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score

brett05 said:
And the Yankees maybe right too.  Seems this topic is over your head.

The Cub fans raved about their specs before anything was shown as well. 
Yeah... it's almost like they had a GM who built a WS winning team from the draft.

Isn't it still pretty early to be changing from Pro-White Sox to Anti-Cubs mode?

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
What a win for the Cubs. 2nd time in 4 games they scored 3 in the 9th and go onto win

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:

Yeah... it's almost like they had a GM who built a WS winning team from the draft.

Isn't it still pretty early to be changing from Pro-White Sox to Anti-Cubs mode?
You best look up who's responsible for that Red Sox championship.  Not taking anything away from Theo, but you gotta stop chugging Kool Aid

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Winners:
Yankees - They finally are selling. Yes, it is weird to say a rebuilding team is a winner, but this team has needed a kick in the butt. A youth revolution is much needed in the Bronx, and I believe they made some amazing deals to get them started. 

Giants - It is an even year. Yes they traded away Duffy, and whatever they had in their farm system (not a deep one), but they added Matt Moore and Will Smith. Moore will help out that rotation, even though he had a meh debut, and Smith is going to be amazing in that bullpen.

Rangers - Can I simply say that they landed Lucroy, and Beltran all while not giving up much more than Dillon Tate? Good job Rangers.

Notables: Cubs, Indians, Rays, Brewers, Dodgers, Blue Jays, A's, Padres.

Losers:
White Sox - They bought in and got James Shields, then everything went to, well, shit. They should have dealt more than Duke, but they still aren't convinced they will never be anything better than mediocre. Do they have to deal James Shields, and Jose Quintana? No. Would it speed up a rebuild, and possibly make them better? Yes. They could literally ask for an arm, and a leg for both of these arms, AND teams will do whatever deal they ask for (almost). Why not see what is out there for Abreu, Sale, Quintana, and Robertson.

Pirates - What kind of management is this? Trade two highly regarded prospects along with a guy who has figured out his career in Pittsburgh, but is having a bust of a year, so they wanted him out of town no matter the cost...for Drew Hutchison...then dealt Melancon for two meh lefties who throw hard...did they not see the Chapman deal?

Braves - Yes they got rid of Olivera, yes they added a right handed power bat in Kemp, yes they don't have to pay Kemp too much, but this team isn't going anywhere. Keep selling, don't kid yourselves in thinking adding will help at this point. Kemp - Inciarte/Smith - Markakis OF looks good, but one of them needs to be dealt, and the two that should nobody wants (except them). Freddie Freeman could bring back a haul, Teheran could bring back very good value, Vizcaino could bring back very good value (see Giles deal).

Overall the losers just have poor management.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%