Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In honor of Shaq's retirement, who are your top five centers of all time? Here's mine:

1- Wilt Chamberlain
2- Bill Russell
3- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4- Hakeem Olajuwon
5- Shaquille O'Neal

You know, I'd even say that Wilt is the most dominating player in NBA history.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. bill russell
2. wilt chamberlain
3. lou alcindor
4. shaq
5. george mikan/hakeem

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What makes you put Russell before Wilt? Just curious.

Nice avy too.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
1) Wilt
2) Kareem
3) Russell
4) Shaq
5) Hakeem

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
rings, rebounding, coaching ability, defense, and smarts. its not like i have him beat by a huge margin. ive just always had bill as my number one. hes up there for top players, period.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
rings, rebounding, coaching ability, defense, and smarts. its not like i have him beat by a huge margin. ive just always had bill as my number one. hes up there for top players, period.
Personally, I could put up the argument that Wilt is the best player EVER, over MJ. It's opinion though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Personally, I could put up the argument that Wilt is the best player EVER, over MJ. It's opinion though.
ive been there with wilt and bill. i dont normally pick the best ever. i do my ranking by position. you cant honestly pick the best PLAYER. scorer, rebounder, passer, teammate. overall player is just sooooo hard for me. mj is right there though so no one think im not saying he isnt :p

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ive been there with wilt and bill. i dont normally pick the best ever. i do my ranking by position. you cant honestly pick the best PLAYER. scorer, rebounder, passer, teammate. overall player is just sooooo hard for me. mj is right there though so no one think im not saying he isnt :p
Lol it seems like the widespread opinion is that MJ is the best to ever play the game. But I mean Wilt, the man averaged 50 points and 26 rebounds PER GAME during one season. The next season he averaged 45 and 24 per game, his career averages are 30 points and 23 rebounds per game. Words can't describe how dominate that is. When people said all he does is score, he went out and averaged 9 assists per game over a season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
people argue the fact that wilt and bill didnt play the players that play today. mj played in what many consider the best years of the nba. im on the fence, lol.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The game was just so different when Wilt played, nobody played defense and it was a much more up-tempo game

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wilt with all the technology today would still be the best big in the league if he played today. He was a athlete freak and actually had skills. He was just too nice and thats where Russell got him at.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The game was just so different when Wilt played, nobody played defense and it was a much more up-tempo game
Excuse me?

Bill Russell is the best defensive bigman on all time. He stopped Wilt many times, despite a 4-5 inch height difference

No defense? Lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Great minds think alike, we're also both Saints fans.

You see where I'm going with this?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think its real hard to compare Shaq to these older guys. The game was 100% different back in Wilt's day...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wilt played in a time where the team who scored the least amount per game, was putting up 112 ppg.. He's not the best.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wilt played in a time where the team who scored the least amount per game, was putting up 112 ppg.. He's not the best.
Also I think most of the players were smaller guys. Weren't they?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
That doesn't take away from his overall skill though. Wilt could come into the league today and still put up amazing numbers. Career high averagess of 50 points, 27 rebounds, and 9 assists. I think he was pretty skilled.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That doesn't take away from his overall skill though. Wilt could come into the league today and still put up amazing numbers. Career high averagess of 50 points, 27 rebounds, and 9 assists. I think he was pretty skilled.
Wilt is top 2 all time, no doubt about it.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
people argue the fact that wilt and bill didnt play the players that play today. mj played in what many consider the best years of the nba.
Uhhhh, no he didn't. MJ actually played and succeeded in one of the more mediocre eras of NBA basketball, following the demise of the Pistons, Lakers, and Celtics of the 80's and the rise of expansion teams which desperately were trying to find talent.

Other than the Jazz, Sonics, and Suns, I don't see how the talent argument can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%