Tony Romo vs Matt Ryan

Romo vs Ryan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Lmao how many excuses can you pull out of your ass until you finally admit you have no real argument? They have 107 starts between them, Romo 61 and Ryan 46. That's MORE than enough to compare them.
16 of them are rookie season..

Can we pull out the stats from Romos 1st couple of years then say Ryan is better?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Lets look over this year then..

Romo played 6 games healthy.

Ryans Stats for those 6 games.
1415 Yards - 9 TD - 4 ints

Romos
1566 Yards - 6 TD - 7 Int

YEAHHH.. ROMO = WAY AHEAD.. Im also pretty sure that the Falcons ran the ball more than the Cowboys, so theres another reason why Romo has 100 more yards. Ryan is safer with the ball, doesn't turn it over, hes younger with more upside, and the dude is a franchise QB.

The Cowboys will be looking for Romos replacement in a few years.

Wanted facts? you have em..

This thread = pointless.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i would say something about this debate but i would just get called a kam dickrider because i think matt ryan is better.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
6 games? LOL. That's a real argument, there. Romo spent those entire 6 games running for his life and getting no help from his running game.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
6 games? LOL. That's a real argument, there. Romo spent those entire 6 games running for his life and getting no help from his running game.
Comparing a player whos been a starting QB since 2006 to a QB just entering his 3rd year = #SLIPTASTIC.

You should seriously stop talking NFL.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
Comparing a player whos been a starting QB since 2006 to a QB just entering his 3rd year = #SLIPTASTIC.

You should seriously stop talking NFL.
he's a cowboys fan, what did you expect? that he would know what he's talking about?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
he's a cowboys fan, what did you expect? that he would know what he's talking about?
Come on, in his world.. Cowboys win the superbowl every year and we all hate the Cowbitches.

fleaTheg

Reaction score
Id have to pick Matt Ryan if i was starting a team, i feel that sometimes tony romo can try and do to much on the field and sometimes take the cowboys out of a game, Altough sometimes ryan will play the game to easy and not take many risk to win but id rather have him then romo.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lets look over this year then..

Romo played 6 games healthy.

Ryans Stats for those 6 games.
1415 Yards - 9 TD - 4 ints

Romos
1566 Yards - 6 TD - 7 Int

YEAHHH.. ROMO = WAY AHEAD.. Im also pretty sure that the Falcons ran the ball more than the Cowboys, so theres another reason why Romo has 100 more yards. Ryan is safer with the ball, doesn't turn it over, hes younger with more upside, and the dude is a franchise QB.

The Cowboys will be looking for Romos replacement in a few years.

Wanted facts? you have em..

This thread = pointless.
Can't even get the numbers correct... :rotfl:

You are correct, this thread is pointless with idiots like you in it.

Romo first 6 games:
148-213 / 69.5% / 1,605 yards / 7.5 per attempt / 11 touchdowns / 7 interceptions / 94.9 QB rating / 7 sacks

Ryan first 6 games:
132-219 / 60.3% / 1,415 yards / 6.5 per attempt / 9 touchdowns / 4 interceptions / 85.3 QB rating / 13 sacks

To me, that seems like Romo had a much better first six games. Less attempts, nearly 200 more yards, MUCH higher completion percentage, MANY more yards per attempt, more touchdowns, more interceptions but that's to be expected when you have a noodle arm like Ryan, MUCH higher QB rating, and 6 fewer sacks (who saw that one coming?). I'm sure you can find a way to spin that into Ryan being better.

I also think there is some confusion for the question, "who is better and who would you want to be leading your team this year?" nowhere in that question does it say "who is better and who would you want leading your team 5 years from now?"

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I wonder who the best NFC South QB will be in 5 years. Romo's already 31 or 32, so 5 years from now between Romo and Ryan is pointless.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Can't even get the numbers correct... :rotfl:

You are correct, this thread is pointless with idiots like you in it.

Romo first 6 games:
148-213 / 69.5% / 1,605 yards / 7.5 per attempt / 11 touchdowns / 7 interceptions / 94.9 QB rating / 7 sacks

Ryan first 6 games:
132-219 / 60.3% / 1,415 yards / 6.5 per attempt / 9 touchdowns / 4 interceptions / 85.3 QB rating / 13 sacks

To me, that seems like Romo had a much better first six games. Less attempts, nearly 200 more yards, MUCH higher completion percentage, MANY more yards per attempt, more touchdowns, more interceptions but that's to be expected when you have a noodle arm like Ryan, MUCH higher QB rating, and 6 fewer sacks (who saw that one coming?). I'm sure you can find a way to spin that into Ryan being better.

I also think there is some confusion for the question, "who is better and who would you want to be leading your team this year?" nowhere in that question does it say "who is better and who would you want leading your team 5 years from now?"

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.
http://www.nfl.com/players/tonyromo/gamelogs?id=ROM787981

You're counting his 7th game too in which he was injured.. so thats 1 less TD and takes about 39 yards off.. Which i WAS right about the yards. I however got the stats for the TDS/INTs mixed up with the Int/Sacks.

Also, 6 fewer sacks but didn't the Cowboy homer just say about 5 posts up that "He was running for his life" ???

I would STILL much rather have Matt Ryan leading my team this year, not Tony Romo.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I can honestly say i think Tony Romo is a terrible QB.

He had a VERY good OL a few years ago, with 3 very good RBs in Choice, Barber, and Jones. Plus he had a top recieving TE and Miles Austin.

I dont know how kam will feel with this statement, but

David Garrard would be a better quarterback for the Jaguars than Tony Romo

Romo is awful; he just benefits off a really good team.

And dont even bother saying i have a hate against the Cowboys, cuz i have none. I hate the Giants, and i can say Eli is a far better QB than Romo.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I also find it funny that yall are saying "Romo wont be around in 5 years so its pointless"

When Matt Ryan wasn't around 3 years ago, yet its convenient to compare him to a guy who has more stats and shit because hes been in the NFL longer?

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
I can honestly say i think Tony Romo is a terrible QB.

He had a VERY good OL a few years ago, with 3 very good RBs in Choice, Barber, and Jones. Plus he had a top recieving TE and Miles Austin.
to be fair, you could say almost the same about Ryan
he had an ok OL
Top 10 RB in the league in Turner
Top TE in the league in Gonzalez
and top WR in White
but I'd still rather have Ryan as my QB than Romo

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

You're counting his 7th game too in which he was injured.. so thats 1 less TD and takes about 39 yards off.. Which i WAS right about the yards. I however got the stats for the TDS/INTs mixed up with the Int/Sacks.

Also, 6 fewer sacks but didn't the Cowboy homer just say about 5 posts up that "He was running for his life" ???

I would STILL much rather have Matt Ryan leading my team this year, not Tony Romo.

He was INJURED in Week 7, but the injury came in the Cowboys SIXTH game. He never played seven games last year.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
bosox, you think every QB is awful but Tom Brady, stfu

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score

He was INJURED in Week 7, but the injury came in the Cowboys SIXTH game. He never played seven games last year.

What does this say you fucking dumbass?

He broke his collarbone against the Giants, week 7.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
to be fair, you could say almost the same about Ryan
he had an ok OL
Top 10 RB in the league in Turner
Top TE in the league in Gonzalez
and top WR in White
but I'd still rather have Ryan as my QB than Romo
White was a nobody until Ryan came

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%