Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol I'm not going to argue with you when it's clear you have no points to support your side. So have fun.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Lol I'm not going to argue with you when it's clear you have no points to support your side. So have fun.
? Idc personally.. if i wanted to dig and find points.. i would

You're just using this cause of your hate for Matt Ryan.

You've always disliked dude.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Romo isn't an elite QB. Peyton and Brady are the only elite QBs in the NFL, with Rodgers and Brees coming in at the 2nd tier

You excluded Matt Ryan's best season, if those numbers are truly from 07-09, making them completely useless
And in 2010 Romo was injured for most of the season. They can't even be compared during 2010.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
And in 2010 Romo was injured for most of the season. They can't even be compared during 2010.
Doesn't matter, it was Matt Ryan's third season last year, the year most QB's take the next step, to exclude that from your numbers, especially since that means he counted three of Romo's seasons to two of Matt Ryan's, largely skews the numbers. It's acting as if this past season never happened, which is the most important season in comparing the numbers for Ryan.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Everyone knows the Falcons play very well at home, they rarely lose. But when they play on the road their play decreases significantly, its because they cant play in the cold. Its that dome syndrome that the Colts used to have back in the day.

Part of that is contributed to Ryan. Lets just see Ryan win a playoff game before we say hes better than Romo.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, it was Matt Ryan's third season last year, the year most QB's take the next step, to exclude that from your numbers, especially since that means he counted three of Romo's seasons to two of Matt Ryan's, largely skews the numbers. It's acting as if this past season never happened, which is the most important season in comparing the numbers for Ryan.
I used the numbers for Ryan, came straight from NFL.com. For Romo, Manning, and Brees I only used 07-09. But Ryan's numbers do include 10.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Folks, this shouldn't even be a debate. The only reason anybody picks Ryan over Romo is Cowboy-hate.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the only reason you pick romo is cowboy love.

are we not allowed to legitimately think Matt Ryan is the better Quarterback?
Your allowed to think whatever you want, my issue is that none of yall have come up with reasons why Ryan is better, and quite honestly there really is nothing out there to help your debate.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i go by what i see, im not one of the statistician types. Stats don't win games

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think you see much at all to be honest, with the way you and kam are backing up yalls selection. All I'm asking for someone to back up why Ryan is better, and I don't think yall can do it.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Ryan has more potential.

Yall are comparing stats when fucking Romo has been in the league longer.

If I was a team, I'd rather take the QB with the bigger upside and higher ceiling than a QB whos above average/good and know what I have.

Nola, you've never liked Ryan. This whole topic.. is you just trying to tapdance all over his face and when people like me/rockstar/others who know Ryan is better, but dont really feel like digging up stats and shit so you and the homocowboy fan can pull stats out your ass and try to prove us wrong when we really dont care... is stupid.

Has nothing to do with Cowboy hate.. The only people here that hate the Cowboys is probably Dwill.. Rockstar don't like them because they're a rival but you could make the same case for Nola against the Falcons.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ryan has more potential.

If I was a team, I'd rather take the QB with the bigger upside and higher ceiling than a QB whos above average/good and know what I have.

Nola, you've never liked Ryan. This whole topic.. is you just trying to tapdance all over his face and when people like me/rockstar/others who know Ryan is better, but dont really feel like digging up stats and shit so you and the homocowboy fan can pull stats out your ass and try to prove us wrong when we really dont care... is stupid.

Has nothing to do with Cowboy hate.. The only people here that hate the Cowboys is probably Dwill.. Rockstar don't like them because they're a rival but you could make the same case for Nola against the Falcons.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Ryan has more potential.

QFT

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the record, I didn't post that gif because I think Romo has more potential (because he doesnt), I posted it because the first thing kam brings into a debate about who is the better QB right NOW is that one has more potential than the other. lmao

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and lets just get this out of the way, no I do not like Ryan. But lets not confuse that for being a Falcon hater. The Falcons have a ton of great players. Turner, Mughelli, White, Gonzalez, McClure, Dahl, Abraham, Babineaux, Lofton, Peterson, Grimes. Decoud, Snelling, Jones, Douglas, Jerry, Weatherspoon, Robinson, Moore all may be good or servicable players now, and some may be for the future. Heck, I'd probably even say Ryan may be a top 10 QB and at worst top 12. But he isn't better than Romo right now, will be in the future, but I question if some of you guys even believe that since you can't bring up valid points to prove it. Kam says we're pulling stats out of our asses, we're actually pulling those stats from NFL.com and they show that Romo has been just as good as the elite QB's in the league.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
and lets just get this out of the way, no I do not like Ryan. But lets not confuse that for being a Falcon hater. The Falcons have a ton of great players. Turner, Mughelli, White, Gonzalez, McClure, Dahl, Abraham, Babineaux, Lofton, Peterson, Grimes. Decoud, Snelling, Jones, Douglas, Jerry, Weatherspoon, Robinson, Moore all may be good or servicable players now, and some may be for the future. Heck, I'd probably even say Ryan may be a top 10 QB and at worst top 12. But he isn't better than Romo right now, will be in the future, but I question if some of you guys even believe that since you can't bring up valid points to prove it. Kam says we're pulling stats out of our asses, we're actually pulling those stats from NFL.com and they show that Romo has been just as good as the elite QB's in the league.
You cant compare the 2 at this point.

A QB is expected to take the next step in his 3rd year.. which Ryan did...

Romo got injured.. cant compare them, jackass.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You cant compare the 2 at this point.

A QB is expected to take the next step in his 3rd year.. which Ryan did...

Romo got injured.. cant compare them, jackass.
Lmao how many excuses can you pull out of your ass until you finally admit you have no real argument? They have 107 starts between them, Romo 61 and Ryan 46. That's MORE than enough to compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%