Titans.Top.10.Post.Combine

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
No Newton will not be number one IMO. Also to add the Broncos can take Dareus but, I think it would be dumb to not take Peterson with Bailey being old as fuck.
You just sat here and said that the Panthers aren't looking at anybody, I proved that wrong.. now this.

RT @evansilva: Mike Lombardi says that if the Broncos do draft a d tackle at No. 2 overall, Marcell Dareus will "clearly" be their pick.
d

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
No Newton will not be number one IMO. Also to add the Broncos can take Dareus but, I think it would be dumb to not take Peterson with Bailey being old as fuck.
You just sat here and said that the Panthers aren't looking at anybody, I proved that wrong.. now this.

RT @evansilva: Mike Lombardi says that if the Broncos do draft a d tackle at No. 2 overall, Marcell Dareus will "clearly" be their pick.

They won't take a CB because you DONT take DBs that high.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Maybe you DONT but I can list a few CB's picked that high not to become bust but I can list QB's that are busts.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Maybe you DONT but I can list a few CB's picked that high not to become bust but I can list QB's that are busts.
Doesn't matter about busting.

QB is the most important position on the football field. You don't pass on a player because of historys past and busting.

Name me a CB who went 2nd overall..... Deion didn't even go that high.

Rice18

Reaction score
Woodson was 4 ?
Deion was 5 ?

That is proving me saying he isn't worse the 5th pick talent then if we are going off of players ?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Woodson was 4 ?
Deion was 5 ?

That is proving me saying he isn't worse the 5th pick talent then if we are going off of players ?
4/5 doesn't mean its cool if he goes 2. Peterson isn't near the prospect Woodson or Deion was.

Rice18

Reaction score
Yeah but, Peterson is the best player coming out of the Draft this year.

Rice18

Reaction score
A punter could never be rated number one even if he was god.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
A punter could never be rated number one even if he was god.
Teams that high in the draft dont draft the best overall player, thats for later in the draft. Teams that early select needs. Broncos dont exactly need a CB. You dont select a CB @2 just because Bailey is old.

Rice18

Reaction score
Teams early usually have a lot of needs hint that is why they are picking early (unless traded to them). You have to think with Bailey possibly retiring then you have a average Perrish Cox, who else is behind them ?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Teams early usually have a lot of needs hint that is why they are picking early (unless traded to them). You have to think with Bailey possibly retiring then you have a average Perrish Cox, who else is behind them ?
lol smh.

Andre Goodman is their 2nd corner, not Perrish. Godoman played better than Champ did last year. Even though hes old also. This is a very deep CB class, You can get Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith early 2nd round.

You don't take CB early.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Thank you Kam.
I still think if the Panthers go QB though, it would be Gabbert.
We'll have to see how Rivera is at Gabbert's pro day though lol.

I will admit though, I am starting to open up to Cam going 1.

Rice18

Reaction score
Jimmy 100% won't go to the second and Harris may last to the second MAY.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jimmy Smith has a lot of red flags... he could slip to day two based on character issues alone.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Peterson is the top prospect without any issues (either off field, potential holes on the field). But CBs don't go #1 overall, especially if it isn't a need (we have Gamble and Munny). If you give the Panthers Revis, it doesn't change much.

I've been saying take AJ Green forever, but I doubt we will. He didn't stand out at the combine. I'm not saying he needed to, because he's still one of the best WR prospects in years but the thing is WRs don't go #1 either because even if AJ Green is as great as I think he will be, it won't change the team too much - especially not from 1st overall. Plus, we have Gettis/Laffell who aren't great by any stretch but taking that many WR is iffy.

Newton will be the pick. New coach = new QB. Rivera has nothing invested in Clausen, he wasn't his pick - and Clausen was a 2nd rounder anyway so it's not a huge monetary commitment either. While Newton certainly has some bust potential, he can very easily revolutionize the game of football completely with his ability. I think that Newton can be very successful if you build around him and not try and confuse the kid too much and try and get him to conform to a system where he'd be a regular every day kind of QB. He can be something special, and you need to start from scratch and design the offense around him.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/10/clausen-only-has-one-supporter-left-in-carolina/

^ lol

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
A league source tells SI.com's Don Banks that Carolina "doesn't really love" Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert enough to select him at No. 1 overall.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not surprised about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%