The Great QB Debate

Mooche

Reaction score
I thought you were being sarcastic bud.

Mooche

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a7a9QAvl7Q&feature=search

Nuff said. Michigan fan.

Anyways, back on topic. Peyton is better than Brady. Anybody still wanna argue this?

Reaction score
I love when people say Brady is clutch, doesn't ever choke and never turns over the ball in clutch situations in the postseason LOL! vs the Raiders game ending fumble, but the refs save him, 05 he throws a game ending pick, 06 he throws a game ending pick, but the dude fumbled, 06 he threw a game ending pick to send the Colts to the Super Bowl. Another thing is the fact he never drives his team for game winning touchdowns, always Field Goals, Manning drove his team to a game winning TD before has Brady? No, but I'm not using this as an arguement that hes better I'm just pointing out facts of his "Clutch" postseason career.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Remind us how the Saints clinched the super bowl.. A Peyton Manning INT.. and please spare us from the Reggie Wayne ran the wrong route.. It's on both players.

Reaction score
Remind us how the Saints clinched the super bowl.. A Peyton Manning INT.. and please spare us from the Reggie Wayne ran the wrong route.. It's on both players.
Yeah because being pressured and and not enough time to checkdown and a open Reggie running a hitch is really his fault... Peyton isn't even my favorite player bro I don't make excuses for him the dude makes mistakes at times, but that wasn't one of them case closed.

EDIT : Tracy Porter did make a great play though on the ball I am not denying that.

Reaction score
The Colts know this, and probably designed/called this play with that knowledge in mind. Sure enough CB Tracy Porter has outside leverage on WR Reggie Wayne (he was the outside man of the "bracket"). Note how Porter appears to be straddling the bottom of the numbers, while Wayne is somewhere in the top-middle of the numbers

Wayne was supposed to run an "in" here. Watching the video of it, he clearly chops his feet, indicating that he did not intend to make a "speed cut" where he would have just rolled off to the inside with one step. You can see him "gearing down" a bit below:

Wayne may have thought he was supposed to run a "hitch" or a "stop" route where he simply stops and turns around and the ball is there, whereas Manning thought he was supposed to go across the field more as diagrammed above.

Note how at this point if Peyton throws the ball to the point where Collie is now (or a little past where Collie is now), it looks like Wayne should easily make the catch for a first down. Unfortunately for the Colts, it doesn't go down that way. Porter jumps the route, and makes a better break on the ball than Wayne does. Here is a diagram of what I think the called play looked like:

Wayne either slips or runs the wrong route or (in a less likely scenario) Peyton got the route wrong and threw it anyway. My money is on Wayne being at fault, that he simply ran a poor route. Instead of getting inside position on Porter (which should have been automatic for a guy as good as Wayne), Porter is able to jump the route and pick the ball off.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Colts know this, and probably designed/called this play with that knowledge in mind. Sure enough CB Tracy Porter has outside leverage on WR Reggie Wayne (he was the outside man of the "bracket"). Note how Porter appears to be straddling the bottom of the numbers, while Wayne is somewhere in the top-middle of the numbers

Wayne was supposed to run an "in" here. Watching the video of it, he clearly chops his feet, indicating that he did not intend to make a "speed cut" where he would have just rolled off to the inside with one step. You can see him "gearing down" a bit below:

Wayne may have thought he was supposed to run a "hitch" or a "stop" route where he simply stops and turns around and the ball is there, whereas Manning thought he was supposed to go across the field more as diagrammed above.

Note how at this point if Peyton throws the ball to the point where Collie is now (or a little past where Collie is now), it looks like Wayne should easily make the catch for a first down. Unfortunately for the Colts, it doesn't go down that way. Porter jumps the route, and makes a better break on the ball than Wayne does. Here is a diagram of what I think the called play looked like:

Wayne either slips or runs the wrong route or (in a less likely scenario) Peyton got the route wrong and threw it anyway. My money is on Wayne being at fault, that he simply ran a poor route. Instead of getting inside position on Porter (which should have been automatic for a guy as good as Wayne), Porter is able to jump the route and pick the ball off.

Beautiful post.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
At the end of the day Brady has more rings than Manning, Ill take the rings over the regular season achievements any day. Brady lets not forget plays his games outdoors and Manning plays indoors which is much more passer friendly.

Reaction score
At the end of the day Brady has more rings than Manning, Ill take the rings over the regular season achievements any day. Brady lets not forget plays his games outdoors and Manning plays indoors which is much more passer friendly.
Dilfer > Marino then.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Dilfer > Marino then.
Dilfer had one of the greatest defenses of all-time, that argument has no credibility whatsoever. Brady was the vital piece in all 3 of those championships. He constantly makes the correct play in crucial situations.

Montana> Marino is what you meant.

Mooche

Reaction score
Oh come on. The defense helps SO much, but at the end of the day, is the defense throwing the football? No. Like people wanna say Big Ben is a game manager, he isn't. A game manager doesn't drive you down the field and win you a Super Bowl. Jim McMahon, Brad Johnson, you mean to tell me they are better than Marino with your ring theory? Right away, you will dismiss them because of their defenses.. Remember, Brady's were DAMN good as well, helps when you know what the team is running, too.

uwp

Reaction score
This is for anyone who says Manning is miles and miles better than Brady:

Career completion %: Brady - 63.6, Manning - 64.9
Career TD%: Brady - 5.5, Manning - 5.5
Career INT%: Brady - 2.2, Manning - 2.8
Career yards/attempt: Brady - 7.4, Manning - 7.6
Career yards/completion: Brady - 11.6, Manning - 11.7
Career Passer Rating: Brady - 94.7, Manning - 94.8
Career completions/game: Brady - 20.77, Manning - 22.48
Career attempts/game: Brady - 32.65, Manning - 34.63
Career yards/game: Brady - 240.2, Manning - 263.9
Career TDs/game: Brady - 1.79, Manning - 1.91
Career INTs/game: Brady - ..73, Manning - .96

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
You basically just showed us why Manning is better...

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Thank you!!! Ughhhh, finally someone sees the light at the end of the tunnel...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%