Terrelle Pryor leaves Ohio State, Will Enter NFL Supp. Draft.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
QB Terrelle Pryor has reportedly decided to end his Ohio State career.
Pryor's exit was fully expected after the fallout in Columbus over the past couple of weeks. Pulling up to campus in a shiny new car last week was a dead giveaway. Pryor would have to sit out five games if he stays in college, which makes him a prime candidate for the supplemental draft. ESPN's Todd McShay and Mel Kiper have joined CBS' Rob Rang in predicting that Pryor will have to switch positions in the NFL. He won't be any higher than a fourth- or fifth-round pick if the supplemental draft takes place next month.

Where do you see him ending up?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But honestly, I don't see a team taking a chance on him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Somebody will.

Reaction score
With Tressel out, I think he realized that his antics weren't going to be allowed to keep up. He never played for the love of the game, it's always been about the money with him. Sad to see him go, but he'll enter the supplemental draft, and he'll start his pro career in the NFL.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Buffalo & Washington come to mind for me.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Somebody will.
If he does go, it'll be in the last round. But I still think teams will be hesitant to give up their picks for next years draft to select a player that was already low rated and didn't have a true position, and now has character issues out there.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how this is a shocker...pretty much a no brainer. He was not gonna play next year for Ohio State, he would have been suspended the whole year or kicked off the team.

A team will take a chance on him, not sure who. But there are still lots of teams that can use help at the QB spot.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he commits to becoming a WR/TE, he could be really good.. You can't teach his height and speed, and he has good hands.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rumor on the OSU board is that Fickell told him he didn't want him around the program anymore.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rumor on the OSU board is that Fickell told him he didn't want him around the program anymore.
Regardless, someone with the NCAA or someone higher up at OSU would of seen him out most likely.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't blame him.. Buckeyes don't need anymore distractions.

All eyes are on Braxton Miller though.. Big time prospect, should be a good one.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Redskins shouldn't show any interest IMO. We're set at Tight end.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is it dumb for me to say Pryor reminded me of a Tebow if he finished a college season this year? Only thing is Tebow's white and seems to be destined to play quarterback. IDK I can see him playing anywhere cause he needs to find a job quick. He'll probably end up in Washington as a 3rd string QB cause Beck and Grossman suck. Its not like he is a terrible QB in the making. He has the body of a Freeman and Big Ben and the mobility... He honestly needed this year to groom into a OK 2nd string QB... His footwork and deep throw needs work... At the end of the day he's a TE, WR, QB (like Randle El)...

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
One NFL scouting source characterizes Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor as "a mid-round pick at best" if he were to declare for the supplemental draft.
Speaking to CBS Sports' Rob Rang, two sources questioned Pryor's "accuracy and poise," as a quarterback, and one of them called Pryor a "basketball player playing football." Said one of the scouts, pointedly, "He’s not a quarterback. He doesn’t have the makeup, the release or the accuracy for it. And he isn’t one of those guys that you can make into another position. He’s going to run well and people are going to get excited about him, but he isn’t a football player. What you’ve seen at Ohio State – on the field and off – is what you get with him."

If you need a QB to develope, then you're going to take a look at him.

If Philly gets their hands on him. Could be scary with that QB coaching.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
...I think he's gonna be a QB...:mellow:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%