Sportz Insomnia Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Finished reading, and I'm really impressed with the talent and commitment from the contributors. Wouldn't mind reading an editorial type of story that strikes controversy --

Suggestions
make the font size consistent throughout
Rip's idea of more graphics & images. I believe Gety/Kana said he wouldn't mind helping with the layouts
I like the back cover image idea of Rip's, too
also, titling of what the article is pertaining to needs to be done - kind of confusing with Game Analysis and such

SOTW & COTW, as well as GFX League could be incorporated, too

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
We had SOTW/COTW, I just wasn't able to get that in unfortunately.

Gety was going to help but I'm not to sure, he started some pages but I think was struggling and stopped.

That's our, well to me, our biggest thing, is just <Censored>ty lay-out.

We need major help in that if this is going to work as to me that is a critical downfall in our plan.

I wouldn't mind doing GFX league, and will do that next issue.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
if FPS is going to be doing the MLB article and if an NFL article is already taken up, I can swap over to doing an editorial or something. That's a good idea.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah we just need a designer. Thats my only problem and I didn't know my article would take up so many pages lol

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
how bout something like this??? easy PSD template..
http://www.sportzin.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=3752321

there's also others out there that me & PM7 did for NBA sim
I like that, it's a matter of someone making it for us.

if FPS is going to be doing the MLB article and if an NFL article is already taken up, I can swap over to doing an editorial or something. That's a good idea.
I still have you down as doing MLB too, just not in your title. But yeah, I'm still gonna do sim and NFL, and anything that needs to be done. It's just a second role, I'd still really like you to do MLB and help me edit.

Yeah we just need a designer. Thats my only problem and I didn't know my article would take up so many pages lol
Yeah x2, lol.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gtown or nba_balla are some good people to rely on to design the magazine. After exams, I can get some articles in, which should be in February. Is this monthly?

BTW, I enjoyed Jarrod's part the most.

Oiler35

Reaction score
My fault on the design, it was rushed considering the time frame we had.
Next issue, I'll look through my Sports Illustrated's, and try to incorporate some of their ideas into it.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Gtown or nba_balla are some good people to rely on to design the magazine. After exams, I can get some articles in, which should be in February. Is this monthly?

BTW, I enjoyed Jarrod's part the most.
Yes this is monthly.

My fault on the design, it was rushed considering the time frame we had.
Next issue, I'll look through my Sports Illustrated's, and try to incorporate some of their ideas into it.
I'd really like it if you would do lead design, could you go ahead and pre-design some pages when you can get some free time?

Maybe like NFL, MLB, NHL, and other things?

JUNX

Mmmmmm......
Reaction score
I'll help out more. I'm just busy with school and homework. And those Exams are closer than I thought.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Good job on this guys.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like that, it's a matter of someone making it for us.

I still have you down as doing MLB too, just not in your title. But yeah, I'm still gonna do sim and NFL, and anything that needs to be done. It's just a second role, I'd still really like you to do MLB and help me edit.

Yeah x2, lol.
I still have the template on my other computer

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Can you 'prtsc' it?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I'll help out more. I'm just busy with school and homework. And those Exams are closer than I thought.
We need page designers much more than MMA writers.

LinebackerU_31

Reaction score
Overall I would say we did a fairly decent job for our first issue. We started with a short time constraint and did what we could. But yeah, like everyone else said we need to make it more visually appealing. I would be willing to help with page layouts, not that I know exactly what I am doing but I read magazines and know what I think looks good off the page.

*As far as my contribution article-wise here on out I will make sure that I step my game up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%