Sportz Insomnia Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I would just like the thank everyone that helped with the production of this.

From everyone who contributed by way of writing, designing, or giving us a forum (BB).

I will say that this is our first issue, as you all know, and it's quite basic seeing as how it was done in just over a weeks time; nevertheless, I hope everyone enjoys this.

http://www.spotbit.com/main/magazine.php?l...n&prod=8349

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I apologize if a few of the pages are off (NBA Sim).

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
you have to create an account? ugh. haha

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Man. We'll get a more effective way of doing this here shortly. With the time constraint this is the best we could do.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
or.. someone can DL then upload to another file share site :)

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
just downloaded it, i'm looking forward to reading it

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't do that on my work PC, thanks DC.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
wow.. .I just read my article and noticed a big mistake on my part... very big mistake about the Yankees. I'm sure somebody will pick up on it.

I kinda just skimmed over the other articles written. I'll step up and offer to be an editor (despite me NOT editing mine) for the next edition along with writing an article or two.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
:(

We'll get 'em next time when we have a month to work with.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
wow.. .I just read my article and noticed a big mistake on my part... very big mistake about the Yankees. I'm sure somebody will pick up on it.

I kinda just skimmed over the other articles written. I'll step up and offer to be an editor (despite me NOT editing mine) for the next edition along with writing an article or two.
OK, you and I can be editors.

I didn't get a chance to edit much; however, most of these would be considered "columns" which don't really need to be edited outside of spelling and <Censored>.

Columns are meant to be read as they are said by the writer.

But yeah, I'm gonna be assigning positions here soon and you'll be at the top of the editing list.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well yeah that's what I meant. I would just make sure there are no gramatical and spelling errors and that would basically be it; and if I caught a big statistics mistake or something like that I would correct it.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually totally forgot about editing a lot of this. Kind of a big <Censored> up if you ask me seeing as how I'm a <Censored>ing copy editor. <Censored> me, like I said next month will be a lot different now that we have more than a week to work with.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just skimmed through it, didn't get the chance to read the content.
Have a few suggestions though:
1. Change up the layouts throughout each page. Most of them are just picture at the top then the text. Perhaps but a picture at the bottom, or maybe wrap the text around the picture? (if possible)
2. Less pages with no pictures on it, as a reader it's difficult to read just a full page of text.
3. Maybe a back cover page? Would be cool. Perhaps maybe an ad for something like real magazines.
4. Add a board survey or something, via that survey website that hides results. A cool way to get the members here involved or something.
5. Perhaps an interview with a member every edition?

Other than that it looks real good. Great job fellas!

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yeah it'll be fine. I mean, we had a tight time-frame and I was off the site over the weekend. If I knew the wheels were in motion on like Friday I would have had time to review the columns and put better effort into my column.

Every first time you'll find mistakes. History always finds mistakes so now we know what to improve on.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Just skimmed through it, didn't get the chance to read the content.
Have a few suggestions though:
1. Change up the layouts throughout each page. Most of them are just picture at the top then the text. Perhaps but a picture at the bottom, or maybe wrap the text around the picture? (if possible)
2. Less pages with no pictures on it, as a reader it's difficult to read just a full page of text.
3. Maybe a back cover page? Would be cool. Perhaps maybe an ad for something like real magazines.
4. Add a board survey or something, via that survey website that hides results. A cool way to get the members here involved or something.
5. Perhaps an interview with a member every edition?

Other than that it looks real good. Great job fellas!
1. That's SG, I wish they were a bit more complex, we need some major help with this.
2. True; however, with the time constraint it wasn't possible, I do agree with this, we need that page designer that we just don't have.
3. I'd like that too, will add.
4. What type of questions would you like to see? General about sports? Or about anything?
5. We had that with Jarrod, and that will continue. It was done as just a write-up.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
4. What type of questions would you like to see? General about sports? Or about anything?
5. We had that with Jarrod, and that will continue. It was done as just a write-up.
Anything would be cool. Maybe have like 3 or 4 questions, then have a full page dedicated to it. Call it like "Board Surveys"

And my fault, didn't really read through it.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Thanks DC, and we can do that too, not in a big rush at the moment, more worried about a designer.

That's our biggest issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%