SI Re-Dedication

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I def. think we should do this, it would probably be the most active thing on SI easily.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I def. think we should do this, it would probably be the most active thing on SI easily.
Ehh with the low activity we have now it sure would, lol. We'd just need to advertise it and send a site-wide e-mail to get some already joined members interested.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm, site wide e-mail about the re-dedication in general would be a good idea.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm, site wide e-mail about the re-dedication in general would be a good idea.
Exactly but I say once we have what activities we want set up, then we send it, that way they don't just come in and sit around waiting for us to move into action which would just make this site boring again. Also, in the e-mail we'd talk mostly about what we want members to do the most, like our NBA Mock Offseason.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Also say something about GFX section and how we want more artists to come around. We are REALLY lacking in that area.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bulk email to all members already planned --- will be done by Friday to promote June 1st date

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think a great idea for weekends would be to have Xbox Live tournaments. Pick a new game every week and let all users with that game partake in a tournament.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
how bout another sub forum in Sports Gaming called The Game Room -- we can put a bunch of these ideas in there...???

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yep I like that idea and include some of my suggestions, lol. Also, why not a sub-forum for an NBA Mock Offseason :D

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I like what CC said.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think a great idea for weekends would be to have Xbox Live tournaments. Pick a new game every week and let all users with that game partake in a tournament.
I would do this, my little brother has XBOX live, and Ive become pretty damn good at Halo. I wouldnt mind being apart of this and the Mock off-season.....

.loggie

Reaction score
the mock off-season sounds like so much fun but id need someone to explain to me how it works

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the mock off-season sounds like so much fun but id need someone to explain to me how it works
You control your team, you post a depth chart, then we hold the draft. It would probably be a one day thing where if the GM's aren't there they either send a list or we pick the player for them. During the draft, you can trade, but not after. Then, free agency comes. We have threads where teams bid on a player a specific amount (if your over the cap either MIN, MLE, or LLE, under, then however much you have to offer) including years. During free-agency, you can sign-and-trade players to other teams. Then, once free agency is done, we hold a week where you can do any trading. After that, everything will be closed and we'll hold a poll first to determine the playoff teams, then another poll to determine who wins in the series'. We'll eventually come to the Finals, and then, a champion.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The biggest part is everyone needs to try to be active, and in more places then just one spot. Go find an interesting article and post it...getting the sim leagues up and running will be a big help as well.

Creativity.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think we should still do an SI Lifestyle section or at least some section where we discuss diffrent brands I.E Nike, Jordan, Addidas, Reebok, etc. We could compare shoes and show info about the deals players get and all dat.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
More suggestions please?

The staff is really depending on you guys.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I think having more active sim leagues, a site, and a gaming tournament section for the 360 and ps3 would definitely bring more people to become active.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
a Re-Vamped article team and debate section would help (I could help to bring back the 15 questions interviews)

bodawg

Reaction score
I'm available for any brainstorming you guys may want to do. I think an MMA Sim League sort of thing where whoever wants to be in it gets a fighter and we make fight cards and then we write out results. The people who show the biggest interest would get the better fights and the winner could be determined with a coin toss or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%