SI Re-Dedication

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright my fellow insomniacs. On June 1st, 2008, SI will be re-launching. But not re-launching in a physical way, but more or less in a mental way. Not get what I'm saying? Probably not. But what we are doing is trying to get SI back and running to it's active old self. How it was back in it's prime. And we are going to need your help, we are looking for any ideas from you the people on what we can do to make SI a more active website. We would like to know what you would like to see on the site, what kind of events you want. Any suggestions are great.

So let's get this site going back at full strength fellas, on June 1st. The day of my birthday. Please give me a nice birthday present and let's get this place rockin' again!

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright here is one of my suggestions. To get SI Weekends active..

On Friday we have a SI Trivia Night, every week. Just a fun couple hour long game of trivia on the board.
On Saturday we have our SND like always, and maybe we can think of something fun to do in the earlier part of the day.
And on Sunday we follow up by a Sunday Morning/Afternoon discussion.

bulls12

Reaction score
Is there any way to get an on-board chat application type thing? It would be like we have AIM right here on the board to use for Trivia and such.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you guys were talking about it but I think debates would be a great idea

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah there is a way, but I'm not to sure how the upper staff feels about having that. That could be a possibility though for more activeness.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you guys were talking about it but I think debates would be a great idea
Would you be interested in taking over the Debate Area over me?
I ran out of ways to get that area moving, maybe you could have some luck with it?

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Well as you all know I am here for what ever, I am working on the Intro and Site at the moment.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Trivia should be done in a separate topic. The online chat would just take away from posting in the CT and making the site active.

As for my ideas, I was thinking why not have a "Mock offseason" for the NBA. Might be a little too much to handle, but if someone has the time and everyone keeps their DC organized, we could do the draft, free agency, and a like 3 day period where people can trade. Just throwing that out there since the NBA sim league isn't active. (Could do it for other sports when the offseasons for the respective sports approach.)

Also, having a sort of gaming lounge. Like Yahoo has online pool and stuff, maybe have a place where people can challenge each other, have a tournament, post results, debate about it etc. Maybe add where XBOX Live into it and maybe something like you pick a player and the other person picks a player (both same sport) and you debate why your person is better/worse at a certain thing or overall.

A third suggestion, having a weekly poll like MLB has for most sections, a weekly poll in NBA, NFL, the Sim Leagues, GFX, and CT. Heck, have just a poll for politics. And while we're at it, add a politics section and a general news section so things like that aren't cramming the CT. Just suggestions I keep coming up with.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love the idea of the Mock Off-Season. We just need it to be organized and active.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I'm here to help out guys. I know I haven't been posting much outside of the CT, but that will change soon enough when I get some more time on my hands. I saw in the SND that Jarrod mention something about after this season of the MLB Sim that he will do a fantasy draft, that would be huge imo, I've lost some interest in it and I think that would spark it back up.

I like what AFF was talking about, maybe have like an XBOX Live tournment. For the guys that have the same games as others have a little tournment for it. When Madden comes out, probably a big tournment.

Get more activity in the graphics section, that place used to be bumpin'. SOTW and then there was a graphics tournment. We've lost a lot of gfxers though, but maybe something to spark up the section again.

CurseReversed04

Reaction score
The only thing with the mock offseason is that it is very similar to sim leagues, which are not active at all. Its basically they same thing.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only thing with the mock offseason is that it is very similar to sim leagues, which are not active at all. Its basically they same thing.
Well the reason they are not active is because the commissioners have computer problems. If the commissioner doesn't keep the league going it will die. So, with the Mock Offseason trading would only be regulated to a certain period of time and the commissioner would be active.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could run the Mock Off-Season for NBA, I have enough time on my hands to do it. Unless you want to do it AFF.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could run the Mock Off-Season for NBA, I have enough time on my hands to do it. Unless you want to do it AFF.
We could co-run it. I've seen it done on another site so I know what we basically need. Plus, I would add rules such as only being able to trade on draft night and after free agency, also, during free agency but only through sign-and-trades. That way, our job is much easier and people will be waiting for a time to trade so it won't just die down. Then, we can put a poll up to see who which of the teams should make the playoffs, then we seed them, then we have put up polls for the different series. All we need is jarrod's approval and a new sub-forum for it and we can get it started.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That sounds really fun, no lie. I would have Detroit reserved though :)

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We just need to make sure we would have active enough people to run teams. Maybe even have a few people have 2 teams.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We just need to make sure we would have active enough people to run teams. Maybe even have a few people have 2 teams.
TYO is down for this movenment. And if yall do that. I already got Philly

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't even official, and if it is, only the co-commishes can call teams lol j/p :D! Anyways, we still need to talk it over with the Big Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%