SI '08 NFL Draft Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the Panthers draft...

Sure, we traded our pick next year... But so did the Browns last year.

Jonathan Stewart - I like Mendenhall more, but Stewart is supposed to be good, and will make an instant impact because we lost Foster.
Jeff Otah - idk if he will start, but is supposed to be one of the best OT in the draft... And we need OL help
Charles Godfrey - CB that's supposed to be good... Helps us out in a below average secondary.
DAN CONNOR - BEAST LB! He's supposed to be the next Dan Morgan, or better... I like him more than Jon Beason last year! And Beason lead the league in tackles as a rookie!

We pick at #141, and every team picking from now until then has taken a QB in the past 3 seasons (Young, Rogers/Brohm, Edwards, Brohm/Rogers, Ryan, Cutler, Croyle)

So if we want, we can have John David Booty... We took Kalil last year, center from USC, so there is that connection... Seems like a good pick.

Or we can wait until later (mid 6th, and 3 7ths) and take Woodson or Brennan.

But so far, so good.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
lions just got a steal i got to see moore play alot in the acc he has the chance to be a good slot wr and return man and he has a nice speed burst and good hands .

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vikings taking John David Booty...I like it.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm... Unless the Vikings trade in... And take JDB from us...

Now the Panthers can panic and take Ainge/Woodson/Johnson... Or, we can wait, and hope for Brennan.

Or... Take Dennis Dixon late, and match him up with Stewart again.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I hope phins when 8 games this season, And if they do trade mr. taylor..they better get a solid defensive player for him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the pick in Kenneth Moore, we REALLY need a KR/PR and he has some great speed. Could catch some time at WR too, incase of injuries.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Dennis could of been the third QB taken but that stupid Knee INjury messed him up.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Yea but I have a feeling Calvin Johnson might cactha 800 yard season this year

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Calvin is going to have a great season, that injury held him back last year, and now that he is a year in, and no more rookie jitters, he will do great. He just needs more passes to come his way this year. Hopefully Kitna will deliver.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chiefs have had an AMAZING draft.

Now if we can pick up a late round quarterback we'll be done. And maybe another tackle on the offensive side.

But our secondary now is studly and strong. Pollard, Page, Flowers, and some of these late round guys we've drafted look pretty nice. We our building ourselves a young defensive team.

And on the offensive side we got Charles to backup Johnson and add more depth this year. Way better then having Holmes back up lmao. And franklin is a nice 3rd or 4th receiver.

I'm loving our draft so far.

Glenn Dorsey <333

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looking for the Vikings to come away with another WR before the end of this draft. I'm looking at Adarius Bowman from Oklahoma State, 6'5", very physical, good hands. Had some injuries...but if we can lock him up late 5th or 6th...I am happy.

bulls12

Reaction score
Calvin is going to have a great season, that injury held him back last year, and now that he is a year in, and no more rookie jitters, he will do great. He just needs more passes to come his way this year. Hopefully Kitna will deliver.
Lol. :lol:

the Lions need to draft a QB.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dixon to Steelers?

I love Dixon and all... But wtf? I guess they need to protect Ben... But idk if Dixon's the guy for that.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
w00t denis dixon got picked sweed +dixon ftw

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kitna is the best QB in the division.
Until we see John David Booty handing off the A-Pete & throwing TD's to Sidney Rice & Bernard Berrian in the "Hubie Dome" this season. :smile:

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dixon to Steelers?

I love Dixon and all... But wtf? I guess they need to protect Ben... But idk if Dixon's the guy for that.
Perfect fit for Dixon in Pittsburgh. Think about the past, Pittsburgh has a history of drafting athletic Collegiate QB's and turning them into Wide Outs.

Kordell Stewart, Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle-El...to name a few.

Dixon is an interesting pick, could of got him the 6th round I think, but a project for the Steelers. The man has skill, I believe he can be a good offensive weapon, doing a lot of different things for Pittsburgh.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dennis Dixon to PITT! :eek:

Is he another Hines Ward, Randel El or Kordell Stewart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%