Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Discuss

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol what?

Westbrook is a great player and athlete, but he doesn't face every teams toughest defender every night and he doesn't have to be the primary option.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Im not sure I'd go this far yet, I still have DRose as my #1 PG, followed by CP3.

Westbrook is #3, and could easily surpass DRose soon. John Lucas is somewhat proving that DRose is a little overrated

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
lol what?

Westbrook is a great player and athlete, but he doesn't face every teams toughest defender every night and he doesn't have to be the primary option.
Its not all about scoring.

Westbrook is far better defensively and is just as good of a passer.

And he easily could be a primary option; he has the second highest Usage Rate in the league

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right now, sure. Rose has missed a fairly large portion of the season, and Westbrook has been playing at a very high level.

When both healthy, it's close. Both bring something different to the table. Rose is a much better pure point guard than Westbrook. (higher basketball IQ, fewer turnovers, more assists) Westbrook is a better defender and is a higher volume scorer.

The difference, though, is that Rose has been the #1 option on a team with no better than 3rd options around him. Westbrook has had the privilege of playing on a team with two other players that would be #1's on most other teams in the league.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Right now, sure. Rose has missed a fairly large portion of the season, and Westbrook has been playing at a very high level.

When both healthy, it's close. Both bring something different to the table. Rose is a much better pure point guard than Westbrook. (higher basketball IQ, fewer turnovers, more assists) Westbrook is a better defender and is a higher volume scorer.

The difference, though, is that Rose has been the #1 option on a team with no better than 3rd options around him. Westbrook has had the privilege of playing on a team with two other players that would be #1's on most other teams in the league.
Harden's a #2, not a #1 IMO.

I can agree with this though.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK, I could definitely see Harden as a 24/5 player on a mid-level team.

His D is pretty bad though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Harden is really underrated.

I don't think you can take away anything from any of those players for being on such a good team though.

Their top 3 scorers are all perimeter players and they all shoot at least 47% from the field, absolutely ridiculous.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Back on my topic though, they are very similar. Rose is the better passer, Westbrook is the better defender. I'd then look at efficiency, which goes to Westbrook by a good margin. Also, Rose takes way too many 3s. Westbrook should cut down a little as well, but he's not throwing up 5 a game like Rose.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would efficiency go to Westbrook by a "good" margin?

If anything, Rose is slightly more efficient than Westbrook. Shooting percentage isn't the only thing that factors into efficiency.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'll take either over Rondo in a heartbeat.

I'd prefer Westbrook though

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's shooting better from the floor, better from 3, and they're equal FT shooters. Rose's turnovers are lower, but he isn't shooting as much as he did last year when his turnovers were nearly identical, thus Westbrook is scoring more, and he's scoring more as a 2nd option.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He doesn't really play as a second option though.

He has the 2nd highest usage rate in the league, and puts up more shots per game than Durant.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Either way, I don't think you could go wrong.

Westbrook is a great player. I'm not trying to take anything away from him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He puts up .1 less shots per game

Unless ESPN isnt updated

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I truly feel that if given the opportunity to be "the guy", Westbrook could be the best PG in basketball, and be close to Wade in terms of overall best player in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%