jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
nola automatically goes into defending Asik one night in haha
I'm just saying that Hibbert isn't "miles" better than him offensively. Not even trying to push that he is better offensively, but miles is a little much.

And like I said, I was asking a legitimate question.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
not a first. everyone argued that they wouldn't get a VALUABLE first.. and we'll, they didn't. stop baiting mexi...
Correct. The argument was nobody was giving up a valuable first for him, and since that leaves teams at the bottom of the first they likely did not have the cap to absorb him.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I'm just saying that Hibbert isn't "miles" better than him offensively. Not even trying to push that he is better offensively, but miles is a little much.

And like I said, I was asking a legitimate question.

Yes he is. Hibbert has a midrange jumper, a legitimate post game, etc. Hibbert isn't an amazing offensive center but he can score in far more ways than Asik

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Yes he is. Hibbert has a midrange jumper, a legitimate post game, etc. Hibbert isn't an amazing offensive center but he can score in far more ways than Asik

He can, but he also struggled mightily on offense in 2 out of 3 series, and 2 of those series involved teams without real centers, literally nobody who could defend him. There were no excuses for such bad games against Atlanta and Miami--not on offense, anyway.

Maybe he was just struggling. Who knows? I've heard rumors of a condition that he can't control and it affects his play. I guess we'll probably never know but Roy Hibbert became invisible for the second half of the season and for most of the playoffs.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
And with all that he's still a better center than Asik

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
And with all that he's still a better center than Asik

Like hell he was. Asik can actually move his feet and defend players who have a perimeter game. He's also gotten significantly better at finishing at the rim, be it a clean up rebound or an unexpected near the basket shot. Hibbert missed more bunnies in this postseason than we can count, was just incredibly slow moving his feet. The guy spent most of the playoffs being a waste of space, whereas Omer Asik was the reason his team even had a chance to get back into a series. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Like hell he was. Asik can actually move his feet and defend players who have a perimeter game. He's also gotten significantly better at finishing at the rim, be it a clean up rebound or an unexpected near the basket shot. Hibbert missed more bunnies in this postseason than we can count, was just incredibly slow moving his feet. The guy spent most of the playoffs being a waste of space, whereas Omer Asik was the reason his team even had a chance to get back into a series. 

Based on your posts it's clear you never saw Hibbert play this year until the playoffs, which is expected. There was a reason this guy made the all-star team. If you saw Game 2 vs. Washington where he had 28 and 12 (IIRC), that's an example of how he can play when he's not amidst a slump. Roy has never been great around the rim but his post game and midrange game run absolute circle's around Asik's, who can't score if he's not right around the rim.

On top of this, Hibbert is a better rim protector than Asik is or ever has been. I'll give you that Asik is more mobile than Hibbert who's always struggled with his coordination but Hibbert is still clearly the better center.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Based on your posts it's clear you never saw Hibbert play this year until the playoffs, which is expected. There was a reason this guy made the all-star team. If you saw Game 2 vs. Washington where he had 28 and 12 (IIRC), that's an example of how he can play when he's not amidst a slump. Roy has never been great around the rim but his post game and midrange game run absolute circle's around Asik's, who can't score if he's not right around the rim.
On top of this, Hibbert is a better rim protector than Asik is or ever has been. I'll give you that Asik is more mobile than Hibbert who's always struggled with his coordination but Hibbert is still clearly the better center.

Dude, I supported the Pacers against the Heat all 3 years they've ran into them in the playoffs. I've seen Hibbert play well.

But this was a half season and post season slump, with a couple of anomalous great games thrown in there. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
That's what happens when your teammate fucks your girl haha

But seriously. There's no way Asik is better than Hibbert

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Heard the Pelicans have to deal Austin Rivers to get this trade through

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
they dont have to trade him, but they'd have to decline the team option

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Which means they have to trade him if they want to get anything for him haha

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Which means they have to trade him if they want to get anything for him haha
but they cant take on salary in the process, and would teams really offer 1sts for Austin Rivers? They might, but i doubt it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Id rather have 28 lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Heard the Pelicans have to deal Austin Rivers to get this trade through
AD, Jrue, Reke, Anderson, or Rivers.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Id rather have 28 lol
I don't know why, Austin is a better player than anyone that will go in that range.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
Awful news for Pistons fans.  There goes the most likely Monroe sign-and-trade partner.
I assume Stan made it known we plan to retain Greg, and they did this as plan B.

I take it as good news though, I like Greg.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
I assume Stan made it known we plan to retain Greg, and they did this as plan B.

I take it as good news though, I like Greg.
I'd bet Asik was plan A. They've been chasing him for close to a year and made this deal well before any deadline they would have had for Monroe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%