Panthers Narrow it Down to Three

TTN2810

Reaction score
via KFFL
The Carolina Panthers are believed to be in love in with Auburn QB Cam Newton, Louisiana State CB Patrick Peterson and University of Georgia WR A.J. Green, reports Tom Sorensen, of the Charlotte Observer. The Panthers would be interested in University of Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert if they traded down in the first round and the other three players were gone.
Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=703785-panthers-appear-to-love-three-draft-prospects#ixzz1IUVYEo11

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
No interest in DLine men? I hope they got some tricks up theyre sleeve once FAcy starts, well if it starts this season.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They are taking Cam now...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even if Cam does really well, I don't think that will be enough for this team.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
we really just need some solid young WRs and a DLine and a Secondary everything else is set IMO

TTN2810

Reaction score
No offense, but if the Panthers take Cam at 1...SMH. They are stupid.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
No offense, but if the Panthers take Cam at 1...SMH. They are stupid.
basically. with a deep defensive draft you would think they would go with a DLineman

SMH

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't see any problem with them taking Cam Newton..

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
Don't see any problem with them taking Cam Newton..
i mean i wouldnt mind, id actually be pretty excited, but our DLine is uber-weak and theres so much talent at that position in this years draft so i mean....why not?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they believe that Cam Newton can be their franchise QB, you take him over a Defensive Lineman.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
If they believe that Cam Newton can be their franchise QB, you take him over a Defensive Lineman.
i mean if they something in him we dont i guess....

but they've been doing a good job in the past drafts with DWill,Beason,and JStew so if they think hes worthy of that 1st pick, fuck it go for it, i'll still support them :D

TTN2810

Reaction score
There's more of a chance Newton will bust though. Look at similar type of picks early in the draft like that:
Vince Young, Mike Vick (busted for the Falcons), and Akili Smith just to name a few.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
There's more of a chance Newton will bust though. Look at similar type of picks early in the draft like that:
Vince Young, Mike Vick (busted for the Falcons), and Akili Smith just to name a few.
PAUSE.

Mike Vick was never a bust lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So basically you're comparing him to black QBs who failed, and Mike Vick aint a bust for the Falcons because of talent..

Cam Newton if I were to compare him to someone in the league would be Roethlisberger. Neither have great speed but they're both powerful and hard to take down, and both don't have the greatest accuracy but are at their best when plays break down.

Cam has all the ability in the world to become a great QB.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm not trying to compare him to black QB's lol. Don't go Warren Moon on me.
There's been plenty of white QB's bust too (Carr, Couch etc). But they didn't have the style of play Newton does.

And Mikc Vick, was a bust for the Falcons, considering he was the number 1 overall pick and NEVER threw more than 2500 yards in a season with them, and only eclipsed 20 TD passes once. Sure he was exciting, but didn't live up to #1 pick. Then of course going to jail on the team..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They'll take Cam, which makes me happy.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
I'm not trying to compare him to black QB's lol. Don't go Warren Moon on me.
There's been plenty of white QB's bust too (Carr, Couch etc). But they didn't have the style of play Newton does.

And Mikc Vick, was a bust for the Falcons, considering he was the number 1 overall pick and NEVER threw more than 2500 yards in a season with them, and only eclipsed 20 TD passes once. Sure he was exciting, but didn't live up to #1 pick. Then of course going to jail on the team..
Getting the Falcons to the playoffs 3 times and getting them to the NFC championship game doesnt live up to the 1st pick?

LOL

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not going Warren Moon on you lol, it's just stupid to compare him to those guys because they don't play similar at all.

He was a difference maker and a great player in Atlanta. Just because he wasn't a very good passer like he is now, doesn't mean he wasn't very good for the Falcons.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
basically. with a deep defensive draft you would think they would go with a DLineman

SMH
LOL. Come on Jose.

A Deep DL class means that they can get a good DLineman in about round 3 as late 1/2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%