Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz

mgh1985

Reaction score
Apparently the Orioles are still very interested in Ervin Santana. I can justify losing a third round pick for Santana. That would make me feel a lot better about the Orioles rotation. Four reliable starters (Tillman, Jimenez, Santana, Gonzalez) and one wild card (Chen). 

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I don't know if reliable is the right word for Ervin Santana and Ubaldo Jimenez, or any of those guys really.

wilmyers

Reaction score
mgh1985 said:

Speaking of the Mets, why haven't they signed Stephen Drew yet? He's pretty much fallen right into their laps. Would definitely be an upgrade for them.

The Draft Pick Compensation system is why the Mets haven't signed Drew. Even Stephen Drew has alluded to the fact he's unsigned because teams don't want to give up a 1st Round Draft choice and meet a $14 million per, multi-year demands. 

mgh1985

Reaction score
Bleacher Creature said:
I don't know if reliable is the right word for Ervin Santana and Ubaldo Jimenez, or any of those guys really.

I'd define reliable as feeling confident that a pitcher will give you about 180 innings with a sub 4.30 ERA. I feel confident that Tillman, Jimenez, Santana, and Gonzalez are all capable of doing so. Chen is a wild card because of his noted durability issues. Of course, there's also a pretty good chance that Ervin would be the Orioles' fifth best starter in 2015 if Gausman and Bundy are ready to contribute. I think Ervin waits until after the draft for a better contract. No reason to accept a BS contract. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%