Oregon vs. Auburn

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm going with Oregon. Although, I wouldn't be upset with either team winning. At least we have two teams playing and the winner will have their 1st championship. I know Cam Newton is a beast, but I have more confidence in Oregon as a team. Their defense is better.

Mooche

Reaction score
I'm going with Oregon. Although, I wouldn't be upset with either team winning. At least we have two teams playing and the winner will have their 1st championship. I know Cam Newton is a beast, but I have more confidence in Oregon as a team. Their defense is better.
It's basically going to all come down to the defense of Auburn. Especially that run defense, they need to slow down James as much as possible.

Like I said earlier though, the secondary is horrible, and I'd attack if I was calling plays for Oregon.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I would have the Stanford win better then the wins against LSU and Arkansas, the win at Alabama was really good, but Alabama didn't look to sharp during the season either. It might be the lack of exposure, but I didn't see anything wrong with Stanford, but I did see things wrong with Arkansas and LSU.
Wait wait wait, you don't see anything wrong with Stanford?

They've defeated one ranked team all season long in Arizona, and like I said before it's <Censored>ing Arizona.

If you put LSU -- or -- Alabama in Stanford stadium, they walk out with wins. It's as simple as that, Stanford has easily one of the best coaches in the nation; however, the talent level of the players is nowhere near the level of LSU, Bama, or even Arkansas for that matter.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eugene is going to go crazy when the Ducks win. Can't wait for the parties haha

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hey, I'll still be wearing my Cal Bears gear haha (6-7)

Mooche

Reaction score
Aha, I am bugging you man. That would be sick to be in Oregon, if Oregon actually pulls it off.

I still rock my Texas gear all day.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've watched 7 Oregon games this season and they always start slow. Where Oregon struggles to get it together early, Auburn needs to capitalize and get as many points on the board as possible. I will agree that this game rests on the shoulders of Auburn's defense; however, stopping LaMichael James isn't the key to winning. Stopping James just isn't possible, they move him around too much, and when teams start keying in on him...Oregon throws in a heavy dose of Balmer. What Auburn needs to do is to give up no big gains on the ground, force Oregon to pass, and put all the pressure possible on Oregon's young quarterback.

I won't doubt how great Cam Newton is but as fast as he is, Oregon has about 20 guys that are just as fast or faster. I feel like Oregon is playing with 5 Cam Newton on the offensive side of the ball and this is probably the only time I've ever felt that a Pac-10 spread team could take down an SEC powerhouse. I'll say Auburn has a slim lead to open this game and Oregon pulls away in the 2nd half.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Auburn has been notoriously slow starters this season as well.

They trailed at some point in the second half against Clemson, Kentucky, South Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama and LSU.

They've been a second half team almost all season.

Mooche

Reaction score
Auburn has been notoriously slow starters this season as well.

They trailed at some point in the second half against Clemson, Kentucky, South Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama and LSU.

They've been a second half team almost all season.
Right.

However, we see how ugly it can get when they fire out right out of the gates. South Carolina matched their first TD, but after that, it was just an old fashion beatdown.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right.

However, we see how ugly it can get when they fire out right out of the gates. South Carolina matched their first TD, but after that, it was just an old fashion beatdown.
Watch the 2nd half of every Oregon game. They've been down at the half to so many teams...only to go into serious overdrive. This game is basically Cam Newton vs. Oregon & while Oregon's job is to shut down Cam Newton...the Tigers are stuck having to shut down multiple offensive weapons on the Ducks' side.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I'm going with Oregon, I just love what they do on offense (Auburn is pretty dang good too). Auburn's defense is definitely better, but I believe Oregon will end up out scoring Auburn. I'd prefer seeing Auburn win, I just believe Oregon will end up taking it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%