Official Wrestling Talk Thread

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ryback seems like he could be a pretty big star if they build his character up the right way.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ryback isnt going anywhere, the only reason he is somewhat over with the crowd is because of Goldberg chants. His build up is pretty questionable as well. Sqash matches for weeks now, then destroying the IC champ and staring down the WWE champ on the same show. Skipped a few too many steps there. It's not like he's going to take the strap off Punk or Cena.

He's probably gonna be the next Vladimir Kozlov, sqash matches in the beginning, get into a couple of WWE title matches and then fade into oblivion, returning with a comical gimmick.

One guy that should become world champ soon though is Dolph Ziggler, big fan of the dude. His and Kofi's match was awesome. Also showed that Kofi is definitely main event material, at least in ring work wise. His mic work is another thing though, unfortunately. He showed flashes of brilliance in the feud with Orton a couple of years ago, he needs to get that attitude again.

Other random notes:

Lawler looked incredible.
The Foley/Punk promo was the best I've heard in a long time. Sounded like it really came from their hearts.
Wade Barrett's finisher is bullshit.
AJ is still fucking hot.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Ryback isnt going anywhere, he only reason he is somewhat over with the crowd is because of Goldberg chants. His build up is pretty questionable as well. Sqash matches for weeks now, then destroying the IC champ and staring down the WWE champ on the same show. Skipped a few too many steps there. It's not like he's going to take the strap off Punk or Cena.

He's probably gonna be the next Vladimir Kozlov, sqash matches in the beginning, get into a couple of WWE title matches and then fade into oblivion, returning with a comical gimmick.

One dude that should become world champ soon is Dolph Ziggler though. His and Kofi's match was awesome. Also showed that Kofi is definitely main event material, at least in ring work wise. His mic work is another thing though, unfortunately. He showed flashes of brilliance in the feud with Orton a couple of years ago, he needs to get that attitude again.

Other random notes:

Lawler looked incredible.
The Foley/Punk promo was the best I've heard in a long time. Sounded like it really came from their hearts.
Wade Barrett's finisher is bullshit.
AJ is still fucking hot.
Koslov is an amazing comparison hahaha. And Idk what it is about AJ but I don't find her that attractive.

Dolph has the Case unless he lost it over the past week or so he should be a champ sometime soon/

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I rather have Ryback's gimmick over Brodus Clay's anyday lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he even does the ass thing.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i NEED to start watching fulltime again. im gonna probably put a reminder in my phone lol

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you can always find full shows on youtube if you type in the date in the show like "raw 24 9 12". those channels usually don't stay alive very long, but there are enough out there

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think im subscribed to one. idk if its still active tho

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ryback can actually work in the ring so it's not like he wouldn't be able to wrestle non-squash matches. They just keep booking him like that for some reason.

I thought the Foley/Punk face off, and then the kick, I thought he was gonna challenge Foley to a match. Foley may not be able to do much anymore but I still think he can pt on a decent match to further the Punk storyline.

And, though it'd never happen , it would be the perfect time to turn Cena heel

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know how well Ryback can work the mic though. I mean, I've only actually heard him say maybe 4 different words.

I'm also pretty disappointed to see what they've done with Kane's character. They've turned him into a damn comedian. It's terrible. Such a far cry from his "brothers of destruction" days.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzC3ovuHLLI&feature=endscreen heh
couldnt find a video of him cutting an actual promo tho

he's never gonna talk much with his new persona anyway

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' timestamp='1348722387' post='4745218']

#MillionsofDollars!!!
[/quote]
Why AREN'T They the champs yet?!?!?!? Might be the best tag team since Morrison and Miz.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why AREN'T They the champs yet?!?!?!? Might be the best tag team since Morrison and Miz.
They will be, from what i hear it is going to be Sin Cara And Rey Mysterio beating Kane And Bryan for the titles. Then the PTP will beat Mysterio ans Sin Cara.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
mysterio and sin cara should not lose the tag title, should they win.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Why? That's such a generic ass tag team. You can't really build any feuds with them because the only Rey Mysterio storylines possible are the "ultimate underdog" and "trying to unmask the masked man". I don't get what all the hype is over him.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt Kane and Bryan are losing the titles anytime soon.
And say what you want about Rey, but he was and still is a great worker who puts up very good matches. And gets still more crowd reaction than O'Neal and Young

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and I think they've done the unmasking shit twice with him already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%