Official World Cup Thread

Mooche

Reaction score
I think the point that he was trying to make is that Germany brings out the flaws of other teams, and makes them play the way Germany wants them to, not the other way around. Germany has made their opponents look silly with their scoring, and that takes the other team's gameplan and throws it out the window.
I completely understand that... I was just stating the fact that wasn't the best Argentina we have seen this tournament. Like it or not. That's the truth. Spain on the other hand is definitely going to need to play better than they did by squeaking it out against Paraguay to beat Germany.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Argentina lacked defense and Maradona decided to leave his 2 BEST defenders at home....there's a surprise.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only reason it's even close is because Mueller isn't playing because of a stupid rule.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
From Cristiano Ronaldo's Twitter:

It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become father to a baby boy. As agreed with the baby's mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my son will be under my exclusive guardianship. No further information will be provided on this subject and I request everyone to fully respect my right to privacy (and that of the child) at least on issues as personal as these are.
It made me laugh because an ex of his says he claims he has slept with hundreds of women and the reason he probably gets exclusive guardianship is because it was a one night stand and the mom doesn't want the kid lol. Or it was from one of his past flings he had with someone.

Mooche

Reaction score
Netherlands should be absolutely psyched for this game today. I'd love to see Uruguay maybe just upset them, it'd really stir everything up in the last final four teams. We shall see hahaha.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Van Bronckhorst's thunderous strike has Holland up 1-0

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
What a sick ass goal by Uruguay. I hope they win. Uruguay/Spain would be sick.

Mooche

Reaction score
Forlan is a sniper. I am still wondering how the commentator is putting that goal on the GK from Netherlands. Yes, he might have been able to stop it, but the curve that Forlan put on the ball fooled him. You can clearly see that in his reaction to it in flight.

Mooche

Reaction score
That defense got exposed down the stretch. Ugh. Psyched to see Germany-Spain though!

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Well so far I am right now Spain just needs to win. I am SO pumped for that game tomorrow.

Mooche

Reaction score
I predicted that Holland would defeat Uruguay, but it still would have been fun to see them shock the world. I agree Sheed, hopefully Spain pulls it off tomorrow!

Fear The Goat

Reaction score
Germany will defeat Spain I predict 2-0. Germany is one of the most unselfish teams in the tourney. They know how to expose the other teams weaknesses, and Klose has been great this tournament. Schweinsteiger is great AS USUAL, then Mueller has been playing great in the games he's played. I don't see Spain winning this matchup at all. 99.9% confident Germany wins!

TTN2810

Reaction score
Mueller is suspended, but I still see a crushing 3-1 Germany win.

Germany's defense is tight, and obviously they have such firepower. Though I've only seen half of a Spain game, to me it looks like they really rely on David Villa. If they can shut him down like they did Rooney, Messi etc, they should be fine.

Also, I'm not worried about Mueller. Someone like Ozil or if they get Kroos to fill in, I don't think they'll miss a beat.

Also, my uncle has a place where he can the the real deal jerseys for cheap, so I'mma get a sick Black Klose jersey. The guy's a legend.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Wait, why's everyone pulling for Spain?!

Bastards!!!!

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
its gonna be a great game tomorrow

gotta pull for my boys in spain (my great-grandpa is from spain) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%