Official Minor League Hockey Thread

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
The Majors swept the Bulls with a 4-0 win and their 3rd shutout in a row. They only gave up 1 goal in the series.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
Another potential young star is on his way to the Ontario Hockey League.

The Ontario Hockey Federation announced Thursday that 'exceptional player' status has been granted to 15-year-old blueliner Aaron Ekblad, making him eligible for the OHL Priority Selection Draft on May 7.

"The process established for the exceptional player is an extensive evaluation of the player in all aspects of life," said OHF Executive Director Phillip McKee. "Aaron should be very proud, just as the OHF is of him, for achieving the exceptional player status."

Ekblad, a 6'3, 200-pound defenceman, is the first player to receive such status since John Tavares in May of 2005. Tavares was taken first overall by the Oshawa Generals in the 2005 OHL Priority Selection Draft and played four OHL seasons recording 433 points in 247 career games.

Ekblad played for the Sun County Panthers Minor Midget AAA program recording 34 points in 30 regular season games before producing 21 points in 18 playoff games.
http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=360230

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Holy shit, 6'3 and 200 at the age 15. I heard he is going first over Ritchie.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
Wolves win 5-3 to sweep the 67's! Sgarbossa scored 2 goals giving him 12 points in the series. They will be playing the Majors in the next round. I hope the Wolves can surprise again and some how win the series but I'm thinking the Majors will win in 4 or 5 games.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Most likely going to the spirits playoff game tonight. Hell yeah.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Spirits game was great. Man these fans right on the wall were getting on the storms nerves really bad. the storm are sore losers....like really bad lol.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well they are bunch of sore losers lol. Spirits are winning the series. We threw out a fish after everyone of our goals. Last goal we threw a fish out one of the storm players hit across the ice lol. These two dudes got on this players nerves so bad. I think his number was 3. He scored a goal and went up to the glass and pointed at them since they were in the first row, atleast I think it was him. Then at the end of the game they were trying to fight the spirit players and then when they were leaving the ice everyone was at the end booing them and shit and I seen some people throwin shit at them lol. Also those dudes got to the goalies head. Goalie kept on looking back every time there was a stop in play cause they were sayin shit lol. Great game though. Shit was intense lol.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
MONTREAL -- The Shawinigan Cataractes will be the host team for the 2012 Memorial Cup junior hockey championship.

Delegates leapt to their feet as the head of the independent selection committee, Gerald Janneteau, read out the team's name Thursday at a downtown hotel.

"A lot of people worked really hard to get this and we're very happy," said Michel Angers, mayor of the city of 51,000 in the Mauricie region 135 kilometres northeast of Montreal. The Cataractes also draw fans from nearby Trois-Rivieres, Que., which has about 140,000 residents.

Shawinigan lost out to Rimouski, Que., when it bid for the 2009 Memorial Cup, but its new arena, the Bionest Centre, was still under construction at the time. The rink holds 5,195 for hockey.

They beat out Nova Scotia bids from the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles and Halifax Mooseheads, as well as the Saint John Sea Dogs from New Brunswick.

Janneteau called it a difficult choice between four strong bids but said a confidentiality agreement prevents him from saying what tipped the odds to Shawinigan.

The four-team tournament features the winners of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, the Ontario Hockey League and the Western Hockey League, plus the host team. Each league plays host to the event every three years.

General manager Martin Mondou said his team was built to peak in 2012 in anticipation of landing the tournament.

"I said from the first day three years ago that I don't want a free pass to the Memorial Cup and just be a passenger," said Mondou, whose club will be the underdog in a second round playoff series starting Friday against the Quebec Remparts. "The focus will all be on winning.

"We have great coaching, and a great core of players. We have 21 out of 23 players coming back next year. We know what's missing now and we'll do what we need."

Each bid was analysed by a five-member committee led by Janneteau that included former NHL star Vincent Damphousse.

Also, the Baie-Comeau Drakkar won the lottery for the first pick in this year's league draft.
http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=361252

Fucken bullshit. Saint John not getting the Memorial Cup is a joke. Rouyn had a brutal season and then loses the lottery to draft MacKinnon. Pissed.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
The Sea Dogs won 6-3 to take a 2-1 lead in the series. Huberdeau scored 2 goals.

The Wolves lost 6-3 and are one loss away from being swept.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
How has Tomas Jurco looked. I have heard insane stuff about his hands, and he could possibly be around where we pick.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
The Majors won 4-3 to sweep the Wolves. It sucks but I knew it was going to happen. Foligno was pretty brutal. He only had 3 points and he got 2 of them tonight. Sgarbossa, O'Dell, Kuchin, and Leivo played great. The Majors are still undefeated in the playoffs.

Huberdeau scored in overtime to give the Sea Dogs a 5-4 win and a 3-1 series lead.

kuley

Reaction score
Owen Sound swept Plymouth :D
Windsor or Saginaw next.

And the other conference finals will be Niagara vs. Mississauga which sounds sick.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
The Sea Dog were losing 3-0 about 5 minutes in to the game but came back to win 6-5 to sweep the series and move on to the final for the 2nd year in a row.

Owen Sound won 10-4 to move on to the OHL final and since they will be playing the Majors, they get a spot in the Memorial Cup.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
QMJHL Final:
Saint John Sea Dogs vs Gatineau Olympiques

OHL Final:
Mississauga St. Michael's Majors vs Owen Sound Attack

WHL Final:
Portland Winterhawks vs Kootenay Ice

I can;t wait for the Q final to start on Thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%