Official In/Out Thread

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hope Patric Young and MKG stay in school another year. The coaching they get there and the chance to grow I feel is much higher there.

But I could see them coming out if their stock is high.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MKG needs to come out while his stock is high. Look at Sullinger and Jones III. Probably both top 5 picks (top 2 possibly for Sullinger) if they come out, but instead their stock has plummeted.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sullinger is dropping because his lack of athletic ability is becoming more glaring and a problem. Jones is just a passive player. MKG is neither. If he were to stay and show an improved jump shot, he'd in the running to go #1 next year.

However, he should probably just come out this year.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sullinger is dropping because his lack of athletic ability is becoming more glaring and a problem. Jones is just a passive player. MKG is neither. If he were to stay and show an improved jump shot, he'd in the running to go #1 next year.

However, he should probably just come out this year.
I meant more along the terms of you never know what will happen lol

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats true, but it seems usually if a guy stays he can learn more and grow more, than in the NBA.

Some guys are probably really kicking themselves for coming out too soon. And not getting a real shot in the NBA (4th string)

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stop it, there's no learning and growing. Get out of college and get your money ASAP. Take advantage of the system.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mason Plumlee and J'Covan Brown have announced they will test the draft waters.

Myck Kabongo is expected to announce he will as well.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Stop it, there's no learning and growing. Get out of college and get your money ASAP. Take advantage of the system.
But you can stay in school to increase your stock, thus increasing the amount of money you will make....

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sources say MKG will indeed enter the draft.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Kentucky freshman forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will enter the 2012 NBA draft after the Wildcats' season ends, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

"He hopes he'll be able to announce right after they win the NCAA championship," one source said. "But even if they don't win it all, he's coming. He knows he's going to be a top-5 pick. He can't pass that up."

Back in early March, Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters that he would forgo the lures of the draft and stay in school.

"I'm graduating here," he said then. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying at Kentucky."

The 6-foot-7 Kidd-Gilchrist is averaging 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds in 31.3 minutes per game.

"He's the type of kid that you always want on your team," one NBA general manager said. "Coaches love him, his teammates love him and he does all the little things that matter on the court. He cares about winning and that's it. I doubt he ever looks at a box score."

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But you can stay in school to increase your stock, thus increasing the amount of money you will make....
The quicker you enter the draft, the quicker you get out of your rookie contract.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's always smart to stay in school, I just think it's circumstancial. Like there's many examples of players who jumped too early, didn't pan out and were out of the league quickly. I think if you take the extra year, you have a better chance of sticking in the league because you're more developed when you go in.

Obviously this doesn't apply to lottery players, hence why I generally believe if you're a projected lottery pick, you have to go. Otherwise it's a decision.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Obviously there's also examples of guys who came back and really hurt their stock. I guess it just varies by the player.

Will Barton has declared btw.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Austin Rivers is leaving Duke after just one season.

The 6-foot-3 freshman will sign with an agent and forgo his remaining eligibly, multiple sources told CBSSports.com.

Rivers, the son of Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers, averaged 15.5 points, 3.4 rebinds and 2.1 assists this past season in Durham.

Rivers, according to multiple NBA executives, is expected to be a lottery pick in June's NBA Draft.

The Blue Devils could also lose junior forward Mason Plumlee early. Plumlee has yet to make a decision, but is expected to do so next week.

Duke was upset in the round of 64 in the NCAA tournament last week to Lehigh. Rivers scored 19 points in the loss.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Rivers is gonna flourish in the league

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rivers should stay IMO.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From what i've seen he isn't doing even close to what people said he would do.

He should stay and get better rather than jump to the NBA and ride the bench.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BC is 100% right. He's a terrible fit with Coach K. Some players are better suited in the wide open NBA game, and he's one of them. With Doc being a head coach, he had to know what the league thinks of Austin, and it's very likely he found out that he would be a lottery pick as opposed to some of these silly mocks putting him in the 20s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%