OFFICIAL: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Im sorry but theres no way Davis plays another game for New Orleans. All he does is risk an injury and devaluing himself

Hes certainly not accepting any player options because that hes under contract for this upcoming season as it is. Hes either signing a supermax or hes demanding a trade, and hint its the latter
Here's another possibility..

AD comes back for the year, the Pelicans go 82-0, then 16-0 in the playoffs, ending a double alley oop in which Jrue throws the ball 41 feet above the basket and it appears to be going out of bounds, but both Zion and AD soar, almost hitting their head on the video board, but instead grab the ball and double dunk it. Pelicans win.

See how crazy it is to propose an ultra unlikely, everything goes right scenario? When I read all these scared, worried, ultra negative 'what if' scenarios, I roll my eyes just as much as some people probably did reading the above paragraph.

Winners in life have high risk tolerance. Losers worry about all that could go wrong. Not to mention, there's a large probability if AD is moved he is playing on a one year or two year deal before deciding on signing long term with the franchise he is moved to. Like I said, comprise. Right now it seems the one year option is the slight favorite, with a trade being right behind that. Him reaping for 5 years in Nola is a distant third.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Forget possibility, here's a certainty: You have no inside knowledge on the situation. Stop acting like you do.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/status/1129457870565761025?s=21

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Forget possibility, here's a certainty: You have no inside knowledge on the situation. Stop acting like you do.
I dont personally, but someone I know does and has been on point with every piece of information hes given so far. Ive brought it all to this board, so you know thats true. I expect in the coming days youll hear about the meeting in Chicago for the first time.

At that point it will be just another piece of info that was brought to this board hours if not days before the national media got their hands on it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard theyre meeting in Chicago from the pels sideline reporter who came on the radio show i listen to weds

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
I heard theyre meeting in Chicago from the pels sideline reporter who came on the radio show i listen to weds
Yep, and that information has been on this board for a week now. Eventually the morons on this board, whether they agree with the implications behind the information or not, will realize its all good information. I know youve already commented on how on point it all is.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
But why would Davis be on the Pelicans next year when, according to you and your "sources", they've already agreed upon a deal with Boston??

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
But why would Davis be on the Pelicans next year when, according to you and your "sources", they've already agreed upon a deal with Boston??
1- As I've stated numerous times they agreed to the framework of a deal, but there are still moving parts. Just the other day I mentioned they were still discussing Brown and the Memphis pick. Ainge wants to only include one, Griffin says no we need both.

2- Agreement on the framework or even a complete package and actually accepting and turning a deal into the league office are two very different things. That's how negotiations work. Just yesterday I was listening to a podcast where a couple guys did a mock AD trade negotiation and the New Orleans "GM" and the Brooklyn "GM" agreed to a deal, but that conversation ended with the Nola GM saying he's good with that deal but he still has more talks that need to take place with other teams and he would get back to him.

Not once did I say the Pels and Celtics had agreed on a deal and they were just waiting until the deal was legal. There were always other factors eat to be determined.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And while we are at it, change of plans. Meeting was supposed to be in Chicago on Sunday, but instead will be sometime this week in LA. Griffin, Gentry, Jrue Holiday, and Aaron Nelson will be in attendance.

AD is currently in LA with a couple other Pelican teammates.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I prefer the Nets package to the Boston package. You may not get the star power or name recognition with Brooklyn, but I think that package builds a better team.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ah yes, who would ever want Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, and four 1st round picks when you can get Spencer Dinwiddie and Jarrett Allen instead!!!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually agree with Nola I'd rather have Jarret Allen and dinwiddie

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Ah yes, who would ever want Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, and four 1st round picks when you can get Spencer Dinwiddie and Jarrett Allen instead!!!
This league is real world, its not 2K. Your team is a walking example of that. Things like a defined and agreed upon pecking order matter. Toronto, Denver, Milwaukee, even Golden State to a much lesser extent is the argument for taking an AD package with a lot of pieces over less quantity but a single potential top flight guy.

You are looking at a package of Crabbe, Dinwiddie, LeVert, Harris, Allen, Kurucs, 3 first this year and 2-3 future picks for AD and Hill. Pecking order becomes clearly defined and it gives Griffin and Langdon a lot of swings to find gems with mid to late picks, which those teams I mentioned earlier have excelled at, and it gives you cap space. You dont attach yourself to someone youll have to pay out of the ass for, and the depth of your roster is top flight.

And the fit is fantastic. Jrue and Zion are your stars, and the pieces around them fit together like puzzle pieces, especially with Zion. You get shooting with Harris and Crabbe, you get a good defensive center with more potential to play next to Zion, you get scoring from Levert and Dinwiddie, and like I said earlier you get a lot of flexibility. Which they would use to throw a mega deal at Malcolm Brogdon.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Sean Marks gets fired if the Nets trade 5 first round picks for an expiring contract who said he wants to be in LA, lets just start with that. The KG trade set them back 5 years, and to do so for a non-guarantee is ridiculous

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And you dont build a franchise around Jrue Holiday and MALCOLM BROGDON lol. You build around young guys with star potential.

Zion is that. Tatum likely is that. Jaylen is the next closest to that from anyone in the BKN pkg, memes aside. You dont build around Spencer Dinwiddie smh

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
That is a fantastic strategy in terms of ruining Zions career, though. So it makes sense the Pels are aiming for it

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dion Waiters is like the best building block you can get, the Pels would be stupid not to trade AD for him

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
And you dont build a franchise around Jrue Holiday and MALCOLM BROGDON lol. You build around young guys with star potential.

Zion is that. Tatum likely is that. Jaylen is the next closest to that from anyone in the BKN pkg, memes aside. You dont build around Spencer Dinwiddie smh
you pay big bucks to Jrue and Brogdon while your best player, Zion, is still cheap

It's a good plan

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:
you pay big bucks to Jrue and Brogdon while your best player, Zion, is still cheap

It's a good plan
you mean the plan of never getting more young talent because you're not bad enough to tank but not good enough to win a playoff series? 

its the new orleans special!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%