OFFICIAL 2011 NFL Draft Thead.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I think we did way better then a C+

Ponder - Maybe the best QB coming out of the draft for the Vikings. Perfect for our offense and has KILLER accuracy.

Rudolph - I like it, solid pick and BPA. Shiancoe isn't there for much longer and Kleinsasser isn't going to be in Minnesota after this year. Rudolph and Ponder will start getting starter time at the same time.

Ballard - 2nd rounder in the 4th. BPA and will be replacing Pat Williams.

Burton - Helping us with our defensive secondary and still picking BPA. Probably my 5th favorite CB in this years draft.

Love - What a steal ? This guy is a pure ANIMAL. One year behind McKinnie he should improve even more.

Fusco - Small college center/guard. Should be the 6th man of our line.

The rest I still need to look into.
Ponder isn't the best QB in the draft, period. Also, doesn't have KILLER accuracy like you say. His ability to run, smarts is his best thing. Hes nowhere near Sam Bradford who has Elite/Amazing/Killer Touch/Accuracy.

Rudolph is decent/good, but has injury concerns.

I like Ballard, but he has character concerns and has a weed problem. Yay, this means him and Percy can Blaze up on weekend and holidays.

Burton fell for a reason, scouts said he looked god awful on tape.

Love, LMFAO. I laugh, LAUGH that you think this guy is a beast. If you're lucky, he'll be on practice squad. Never will be a good starter in the NFL.

Fusco is decent, like him, but he'll be a big project, if the vikings dont develop him right, then he'll be cut.

You overrate your team, BADLY.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kiper gave us a C...fuck him.

We had one of the top drafts imo...and I wont hide my bias.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ponder isn't the best QB in the draft, period. Also, doesn't have KILLER accuracy like you say. His ability to run, smarts is his best thing. Hes nowhere near Sam Bradford who has Elite/Amazing/Killer Touch/Accuracy.

Rudolph is decent/good, but has injury concerns.

I like Ballard, but he has character concerns and has a weed problem. Yay, this means him and Percy can Blaze up on weekend and holidays.

Burton fell for a reason, scouts said he looked god awful on tape.

Love, LMFAO. I laugh, LAUGH that you think this guy is a beast. If you're lucky, he'll be on practice squad. Never will be a good starter in the NFL.

Fusco is decent, like him, but he'll be a big project, if the vikings dont develop him right, then he'll be cut.

You overrate your team, BADLY.
The funniest part was he became a Patriots fan right after Ponder got drafted because that's how disgusted he was with the pick.. Or am I thinking of someone else..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm nowhere near a Chiefs fan, and I'll agree they had a top 5 draft.
Deep down...in a place you don't want to talk about

We are your 2nd favorite team next to the Jags LOL

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The funniest part was he became a Patriots fan right after Ponder got drafted because that's how disgusted he was with the pick.. Or am I thinking of someone else..
that was him

BOWER TO THE PATS was in his sig, and he changed his favorite team to the Patriots

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Deep down...in a place you don't want to talk about

We are your 2nd favorite team next to the Jags LOL
Who knows.

Love their jerseys, stadium, young team, most of their players.

Prolly one of my top 3 teams.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So the Redskins get a C because they didn't reach for a shit quarterback in this extremely weak QB class? Brilliant. There's a reason why we didn't draft one. Shannahan knows what he's doing. Every single one of our picks filled a glaring need, and added a lot of much needed depth on defense, and at the receiver position. We'll get our quarterback, but there is no reason to take a QB that none of the coaches are comfortable with, and throw him into the fire with nothing to work with on offense.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
There is no way to spin it - Ponder was an awful pick at that spot. If you really liked him (and I doubt the Vikings liked him THAT much) then you could have traded down and added a 2nd or 3rd rounder on top of your shitty QB.
We tried to trade down but I guess the loljags thought we would take Gabbert.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
So the Redskins get a C because they didn't reach for a shit quarterback in this extremely weak QB class? Brilliant. There's a reason why we didn't draft one. Shannahan knows what he's doing. Every single one of our picks filled a glaring need, and added a lot of much needed depth on defense, and at the receiver position. We'll get our quarterback, but there is no reason to take a QB that none of the coaches are comfortable with, and throw him into the fire with nothing to work with on offense.
I don't think it was a weak QB class.

I think there was a Top 3 in Newton, Locker, Gabbert

and then other teams just started reaching due to the fact that none would be there later "Vikings, Bengals, 49ers".

Gabbert, Newton, and Locker were all gonna be 1st round picks if Luck, Foles came out or not.

I hate how everybody says "Wait till next year, class is better" so much shit could happen in a year, Luck could go out this year, bum it, and not even be a 1st round pick next year. Thats how bad "waiting" is.

If you find you guy, go get him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
We tried to trade down but I guess the loljags thought we would take Gabbert.

If the Viking<Censored>gots were gonna trade down, they would have.

Wasn't nobody for miles, taking Ponder.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mayhew has more players on the roster that he drafted in 2 years, than Millen had over his 8 year span.

I know obviously Mayhew's guys just got under contract, but that still shouldn't be the case.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
If the Viking<Censored>gots were gonna trade down, they would have.

Nobody was, for miles, taking Ponder.
fixed ya there, you said wasnt nobody = everyone was (its a double negative)

just helping ya out there

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
That was before I watched tape. It was out of anger. I like the pick now.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The AFC North had a great draft, all four teams did well. I'm happy with the Bengals draft, hopefully it will show on the field.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So you were hating a pick on someone you knew nothing about.. Says a lot.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think it was a weak QB class.

I think there was a Top 3 in Newton, Locker, Gabbert

and then other teams just started reaching due to the fact that none would be there later "Vikings, Bengals, 49ers".

Gabbert, Newton, and Locker were all gonna be 1st round picks if Luck, Foles came out or not.

I hate how everybody says "Wait till next year, class is better" so much shit could happen in a year, Luck could go out this year, bum it, and not even be a 1st round pick next year. Thats how bad "waiting" is.

If you find you guy, go get him.
That still doesn't change the fact that it was a weak class. Two or three first round caliber guys, then a bunch of average prospects at best.

Locker was the only QB the Redskins were even interested in. That's why there a "wait until next year" approach, because they weren't comfortable with any other QB. I can't blame them either.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The Bengals didn't reach to get Dalton. I think it worked out nicely. They didn't have to trade up or down to get him. It was clearly a glaring need and he would've been gone had they waited any longer. I like his accuracy more than any QB in this draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%