NCAA March Madness Discussion Thread

Mooche

Reaction score
A reduced shot clock would help give the top teams more time to win the game too. Maybe we aren't stuck with a terrible Championship game.

Didn't think of the half circle, but YES!
So I take it Butler is a terrible team then in your eyes.

Alright.

What about last year when they just barely went down to a Duke team in a very exciting game? Duds are bound to happen in any sport..

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
lol I don't think so...not even close. He OWNED fools in college! OWNED. How can he be over rated if he killed teams night in and night out?
You act like he was owning the best of the best. He was plaing in the Mountain West and was a chucker.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So I take it Butler is a terrible team then in your eyes.

Alright.

What about last year when they just barely went down to a Duke team in a very exciting game? Duds are bound to happen in any sport..
Nah, Butler is a good team. I just dont think they're as good as they've showed in the Tourny the past two years. Obviously they don't have the talent that other teams have.

It's 50/50. That game was exciting, this years was not. I'm just saying reduce the shot clock, give the more talented teams more possessions, they advance (some of them, you'll always have the occasional upsets), and your faced with a more exciting game. In a UCONN-OhioSt game or something, I don't think your faced with a team shooting 18% or whatever it was.

I think the game just finished off the season right, it was that kind of season. This wasn't a good season for college basketball, and the sport could be headed down. It all comes back to the one and done thing, IMO.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Player of the Year award should go to the best player in the NCAA. If they had a best offensive player award, Jimmer would be on top. But he wasn't the best. He doesn't even pretend to play defense, he doesn't rebound. He just jacks up about 30 shots per game. He isn't a all around player, he plays one side of the court and does nothing on the other end.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He definitely did.. People just forget about what he did in the NCAA, due to this NBA track record. Kind of sad.
The sad thing is those same people don't even realize that he's a good NBA player now.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I realize that JJ did deserve his awards, he smashed all sorts of records at Duke. (kinda like how Jimmer smashed all sorts of records at BYU but yes I know Mountain West < ACC) And I do know that JJ is a good player now, he scored over 20 several times this season. I hope he can get healthy and back on the court.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But Duke Records>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BYU Records.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol I know...that goes along with ACC>>>>Mountain West.

But still Danny Ainge was no joke.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're also a hater. He's one of the best bench players in the league, should be a starter in Chicago right now (if only)
Nobody's starting over Keith Bogans in Chicago man. Dude must have naked pictures of Thibs or something. LOL

Lake Louise

Reaction score
JJ actually deserved his player of the year awards.
I remember loathing JJ. Since I hate Duke, but I liked JJ, because of how good he was in college. He's taken a little bit to carry that name into the NBA, but he's starting to come around with it. I wouldn't mind having him on my team.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhg319j7T21LHa00e6"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhg319j7T21LHa00e6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%