NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Arkansas had quite the game tonight I see..

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Arkansas had quite the game tonight I see..
They were up 46 in the second half before they put in the towel waivers. Hogs playing great ball right now with that 40 mins of hell. Reminds me of the early 90s teams.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
I feel like right now there are five teams I could see winning the National Championship: Florida, Arizona, Duke, Kansas and Michigan.

Anyone disagree with any of those or have other teams they would add?

baltimore_boy

Reaction score
Mobruler said:
I feel like right now there are five teams I could see winning the National Championship: Florida, Arizona, Duke, Kansas and Michigan.

I wouldn't rule out Virginia. That defense is great and if they can just manage to get enough offense, they can make a run. I'm not sure I'd rule out Creighton entirely either. Those last two losses were hard, but don't underestimate what Doug McDermott can do.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
baltimore_boy said:

I wouldn't rule out Virginia. That defense is great and if they can just manage to get enough offense, they can make a run. I'm not sure I'd rule out Creighton entirely either. Those last two losses were hard, but don't underestimate what Doug McDermott can do.
Virginia is nice and a fun new team but I'd be absolutely shocked if they can just bust out on the scene and win the tourney.  Creighton, meh.  The team I didn't include that I most feel like I may have possibly underestimated is Louisville.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree about Louisville. They've been under the radar all year it seems.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Yeah that and I think individual great players really have a huge effect in the tourney where everyone is playing unfamiliar opponents.  Russ Smith is the best player on the floor against the vast majority of teams.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mobruler said:

Michigan isn't winning.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
I don't feel like you've been watching Michigan.

They are very, very good and definitely a contender.

And I say that as a person who hates Michigan.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
I don't feel like you've been watching Michigan.

They are very, very good and definitely a contender.

And I say that as a person who hates Michigan.

I've seen then plenty. I just don't think they can survive a bad game from Stauskas in the tournament.

Look at his recent sub-par performances:

@ Purdue - 15 pts on 5-18 shooting, 77-76 OT W
Wisconsin - 11 pts on 4-11 shooting, 75-62 L
@ Iowa - 10 pts on 3-6 shooting, 85-67 L
@ Indiana - 6 pts on 1-6 shooting, 63-52 L

There's a very common theme in the games they struggle in. I could go back further in the season to the AZ and Duke games but I think you know this.

If you're picking Michigan to win it all, you're assuming he's never going to have an off game in the tournament, which is pretty unlikely.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
I don't know man, the best scorer on any team having an off game really hurts the team, but I don't think Michigan is THAT dependant on Stauskas.  I think Caris LeVert is awesome and Glenn Robinson III can be really good when he feels like it.  I mean, if Stauskas doesn't show up for a Final Four game or even the Elite Eight match-up, it could kill them, but I don't think Michigan has a propensity to be going home on the first weekend or anything if Stauskas is off.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
I don't know man, the best scorer on any team having an off game really hurts the team, but I don't think Michigan is THAT dependant on Stauskas.  I think Caris LeVert is awesome and Glenn Robinson III can be really good when he feels like it.  I mean, if Stauskas doesn't show up for a Final Four game or even the Elite Eight match-up, it could kill them, but I don't think Michigan has a propensity to be going home on the first weekend or anything if Stauskas is off.

You're also ignoring the fact that their defense isn't very good.

Idk. I have a lot of respect for what they've done this year without McGary but I really don't see how they win it all.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
There defense can be bad against a team that can dismantle that zone that they never want to get out of, but overall I don't think it's very far below average.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
There defense can be bad against a team that can dismantle that zone that they never want to get out of, but overall I don't think it's very far below average.

93rd adjusted defensive efficiency in the country according to KenPom. Duke is 82 and I think their defense sucks so any defense below 82 must also suck haha.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Well, idk.  I just think they are a contender.  And you love to disagree with me. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
^ For what it's worth I don't think Duke is winning it this year either, but they have the talent to. The defense will cost us a game when we don't hit our threes. Haven't had a good shooting game in a long time.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Being stubborn, I also wouldn't count out Michigan State. I'll judge them after the B1G Tournament. They have the talent to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%