NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Could be the year a 1 loses to a 16 if Wichita State catches a bubble team from a good conference like Oklahoma State, Nebraska or Florida State?

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Yeah you are right.

I still think Wichita State is the best shot we've seen in a while to be the loser in a 1/16 game.

D1Sparty

Reaction score
I remember a few years ago Cuse almost lost to a 16 that was the closest one I can remember.  I know MSU went to OT with a 16th seeded Murray State in the 90's but I wasn't alive for that so can't tell you much about that game.  

I don't see Wichita State losing to a 16 this year tho I think the 8/9 matchup is more likely and will tell us a lot more about the Shockers (like Gonzaga last season)

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Well one thing I feel very certain about is if the 4 seed in Wichita State's bracket doesn't get upset in the first two rounds, Wichita State isn't making it past the sweet sixteen.

We're talking about teams like North Carolina, Louisville, Kentucky, Michigan State and UCLA potentially waiting for them there.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Wichita St will make it to the Elite Eight, not sure about passed that though.

D1Sparty

Reaction score
True but most of those teams have been very inconsistent this year...MSU for example would get rolled by Wichita State if they play anything like they did yesterday.  I'm assuming this based off of the fact of scores only I admit I have not watched a single minute of Wichita State basketball so far this year

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They probably end up with the easiest bracket. The worst 1 seed always does.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It's all geographical. They need to go back to using the traditional S-Curve and stop trying to seed teams as close to home as possible. It always ends up just stacking the East bracket and making the West easy as hell (see last year's West)

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That Big Ten regular season title is gonna be nice.

Piggy backing on what someone else was saying, I'd say we are a championship contender as well. Which I really never thought I'd say with McGary being out. But John Beilein really is a hell of a coach. 

D1Sparty

Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
That Big Ten regular season title is gonna be nice.

Piggy backing on what someone else was saying, I'd say we are a championship contender as well. Which I really never thought I'd say with McGary being out. But John Beilein really is a hell of a coach. 

I agree with that.  I think you could realistically make a list of 15-20 teams this year capable of winning the title.  There really is no dominant team and there have been so many hot and cold teams that anything can happen.  Obviously it depends on matchups but I'd even go as far as to predict no 1 seeds will make the Final 4.  We are in for one hell of a March tho that's for sure

baltimore_boy

Reaction score
Lunardi put out his latest bracketology today. I don't know how he's actually payed to do that. Some of his rankings are just terrible. There are a bunch of teams capable of winning. It's probably bold, but UNC looks like one of the best teams in the NCAA and is one of the favorites IMO. They have been playing amazing since that bad start to ACC play.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
D1Sparty said:
I agree with that.  I think you could realistically make a list of 15-20 teams this year capable of winning the title.  There really is no dominant team and there have been so many hot and cold teams that anything can happen.  Obviously it depends on matchups but I'd even go as far as to predict no 1 seeds will make the Final 4.  We are in for one hell of a March tho that's for sure
People say this every year but there'll always be a short list. There's a lot of teams that could make a run but how many could actually win it?

D1Sparty

Reaction score
In my opinion if you are a top 4 or 5 this year you have a legit shot at winning

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
And so the team that upset and completely embarrassed Michigan State on Saturday is now getting eviscerated by Michigan.  Michigan had 52 at the half.  Michigan State had 46 at the end of the game.

Sounds about right.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
^ They don't have depth and it's REALLY starting to catch up with them. Cooney hasn't had a good shooting game in about a month now.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dominating Illinois to get the Big Ten title. I can dig it :)

Steez

Reaction score
Feel like it's a mental thing for us at this point now. Getting unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%