NBA rumors and hearsay

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I kind of understand the hesitation, though.

They aren't winning a title in the next few years with this roster + PG or Butler.  They probably don't even take the east.

If they end up with top 3 picks in three straight drafts, you have yourself a nice core of players for the post Lebron era.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Post LeBron, post Warriors? Could be 5, 6 years from now. And who knows what other super team forms until then. Another guard in New Orleans and you're looking at the post AD era?
Sometimes you gotta take chances. 

I'm not gonna bet against Lelbron in the East until he loses, but the Cavs look as beatable as they have in a long time. 

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
They kinda need to make a move now... IT is already 28, Horford doesn't have many years left, and PG/Jimmy at least makes it so that the Cavs can't waltz to the finals. They can't continue to sit where they're at because by the time that Fultz/Ball is ready to lead, the rest of the team is going to be old. They need to make a move one way or the other.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The problem the Celtics are currently in:

They want to win, clearly. But the ONLY chance Boston has of winning is if they keep essentially every rotational player while adding George/Butler. Both teams seem to really want Crowder in their return, and while Jae is not a star player, I don't see Boston going anywhere without him. He's 4th in TS% and can play stretch 4 (Butler surely cannot). There is no point at all in getting rid of a $35M/5yr contract and a Top 4 pick, plus last year's #3 overall for someone who wont put you over the top.

So if you arent including Smart/Crowder, you have to trade Jaylen, the 2017, and either Bradley or the 2018 to get a deal done. I dont think teams want Bradley, and I dont think Ainge wants to move 3/4 of the return from the Pierce & KG trade in one move. He values that pick extremely highly, as he really should.

Wolves got the #1 pick and the year's prior #1 (who already had proven he was not worth that pick) for Kevin Love. Aside for the fact that Jaylen has a lot more value right now than Bennett did in 2014, lets just say 2017 BKN + Jaylen = Wiggins + Bennett. Boston shouldn't have to move Crowder and the 2018 1st for Butler or George.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i would take the chance on pg or butler. would prefer pg. that team wouldnt be bad by any means.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PG has moved a needle or two in his days.

The last guy that was one game away from beating LeBron in the ECF

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
i would take the chance on pg or butler. would prefer pg. that team wouldnt be bad by any means.
we're not bad right now either. mostly about butler, but i dont see either pushing us to where you could say "yeah, boston could beat cleveland in the ecf".

we'd be better, sure, but lose max cap space for FA this offseason, and lose a Top 4 pick, plus last year's #3. I just dont see why everyone in the world is pushing for boston to get rid of these picks. Trading Crowder, Jaylen, and the picks for Butler is a backwards move

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because PG is most likely better than any draftee and available free agent.

I get that him leaving for LA is apparently a threat though. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Butler cannot play stretch 4

Out best current lineup is Isaiah/Bradley/Smart/Jae/Horford. Those are our best five players right now, by far. You trade Jae for Jimmy, and now you gotta have Olynyk out there, and you'll be killed

George's positional variability provides him to be more valued to Boston

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I can't handle this 2.5 hours lol

Its gonna be really sad when our only trade is for a bench PF rebounder for a 2nd rounder or some shit

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/834819378877050880

bwhahhaahaha

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not sure why Phil wants that contract.
Trading for Rose in the first place was a good thing because he was an expiring.

I think Rubio has like 2x20 left after this season

edit: alright 15 per. Not terrible I guess

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/NickFriedell/status/834848539947708416

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What's the bulls okc deal

Doug and taj for what

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The bulls traded with okc

Houston got lou will

Danny ainge sits on his "assets"

Im tellin you, we run this shit. SI is thw nba

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
What's the bulls okc deal

Doug and taj for what
It's like Cam Payne, Morrow, and Lauvergne.

There's also a 1st, but idk who its going to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%