NBA Playoffs 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that nobody's bitching about Rondo and Garnett walking off the court. I assume they had to compose themselves. Only those two showed up in every single game of this series. I doubt they actually felt slighted by their teammates, but they should have.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because the media constantly pleas with the world to lay off LeBron.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Was awaiting that inevitable terrible post
Oh, you mean me telling it like it is? Take off your homer glasses and admit that your team got more calls than the rest of their opponents combined.

If make me bring up the absurd technical foul ratio again, I will. There is no denying the favoritism given to the Miami Heat in this year's playoffs.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
No shit there's going to be a foul disparity, we're one of the most athletic teams in the league with two of the best players at getting to the foul line and they're an old nonathletic team that was in the bottom 10 of FTA PG in the regular season.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
No shit there's going to be a foul disparity, we're one of the most athletic teams in the league with two of the best players at getting to the foul line and they're an old nonathletic team that was in the bottom 10 of FTA PG in the regular season.
Oh, you mean when Wade rams his shoulder into somebody and then throws up a shot and gets a whistle, or when he jumps, throws his back into somebody, and takes a shot while not facing the hoop? Yeah...he deserves those free throws. Sure. You go ahead and think that.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
At least we all got the Finals that we wanted to see, the 2 best teams.

The Thunder and the Heat.

I picked them both to go to the finals, great picks by me.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FWIW, I think the Celtics should do what Bosox said and bring KG and Allen back on a 1 year contract. You'll have Jeff Green back, and I think a little cap space to go out and get a big man most likely, maybe bring in a guy like Kaman? Or even Camby since he will probably take a short deal. Plus Avery Bradley will be healthy. I think they could make one more good run at it.

C: Camby/Stiemsma
PF: Garnett/Bass
SF: Pierce/Green
SG: Allen/Bradley
PG: Rondo/(sign a reliable backup)

That's plenty to compete. If that starting 5 does just about what they did this year, they will certainly still be a force. And a hell of a defensive team.
But then again, I'm not too sure how much cap the Celtics will have. But Camby will probably come relatively cheap.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
~$23M after rookies
~$12M after re-signing KG and Ray
~$7M after re-signing Green

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
FWIW, I think the Celtics should do what Bosox said and bring KG and Allen back on a 1 year contract. You'll have Jeff Green back, and I think a little cap space to go out and get a big man most likely, maybe bring in a guy like Kaman? Or even Camby since he will probably take a short deal. Plus Avery Bradley will be healthy. I think they could make one more good run at it.

C: Camby/Stiemsma
PF: Garnett/Bass
SF: Pierce/Green
SG: Allen/Bradley
PG: Rondo/(sign a reliable backup)

That's plenty to compete. If that starting 5 does just about what they did this year, they will certainly still be a force. And a hell of a defensive team.
But then again, I'm not too sure how much cap the Celtics will have. But Camby will probably come relatively cheap.
I would love to see Camby go to Boston, but he got traded to Houston last year and he lives in Houston. All signs point to him staying where he is on a deal. I don't really want him, because I'm tired of holdover bigs and want Houston to just go get somebody.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
2002 - Los Angeles Lakers win title with Shaquille O'Neal
2006 - Miami Heat win title with Shaquille O'Neal

2 Years Later

2004 - Shaquille O'Neal leaves the Lakers, Lakers become lottery team
2008 - Shaquille O'Neal leaves the Heat, Miami become lottery team

After that

2006, 2007 - After missing the playoffs, the Lakers have back to back 1st round exits. Their first playoff bout ends in 7, their second in 5. During this time, the team is essentially Kobe Bryant (A top-5 player in the league) and garbage.

2009, 2010 - After missing the playoffs, the Heat have back to back 1st round exits. Their first playoff bout ends in 7, their second in 5. During this time, the team is essentially Dwayne Wade (A top-5 player in the league) and garbage.

2008 - The Lakers' solid offseason/trade deadline allows them to become one of the best teams in the league.

2011 - The Heat's solid offseason/trade deadline allows them to become one of the best teams in the league.

2008 - The Lakers make it all the way to the Finals, without much competition, only to lose in 6 to a defensive minded team full of hungry veterans. Their star player recieves a ton of hate for his poor performance.

2011 - The Heat make it all the way to the Finals, without much competition, only to lose in 6 to a defensive minded team full of hungry veterans. Their star player recieves a ton of hate for his poor performance.

2009 - The Lakers make it back to the Finals, and get matched up against an unexperienced team featuring one of the brightest young stars in the NBA.

2012 - The Heat make it back to the Finals, and get matched up against an unexperienced team featuring one of the brightest young stars in the NBA.

2009 - The Lakers win in 5, proving all the doubters wrong.

2012 - The Heat ?????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%