NBA Playoffs 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Why delay an inevitable rebuild another year? They are not winning another title, start your rebuild.
They were one game away from the Finals this year and can be better next year. I don't see why you rebuild.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KG and Pierce are losing value every year they get older. It makes it much easier to re-stock if you deal them now, get picks, young players, etc

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
KG and Pierce are losing value every year they get older. It makes it much easier to re-stock if you deal them now, get picks, young players, etc, instead of having them leave through free agency or getting nothing back.
KG and Pierce were both better this year than they were last year so IDK how they're losing value. Pierce is gonna be a Celtic for life anyways, and I have a feeling KG resigns too. You don't fuck up your title window while it's still open. People have been telling the Spurs and Celtics to rebuild for years now but both their title windows are still open.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Why delay an inevitable rebuild another year? They are not winning another title, start your rebuild.
As long as Pierce is still here, we won't be bad enough to make it worth it.

Have KG and Ray re-sign on 1 year deals, and have the Big 3 retire when all the contracts end.

Go out and sign Al J and Smoove, and we got a legit lineup

Rondo-Bradley-Green-Smith-Jefferson

Talk bout Run N' Gun

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
They were missing two of their top 7 players and they also have 2 firsts and cap room to go out and get players.
What cap space? If they bring back KG, Pierce, and Allen, there isn't a lot of cap space to go around.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
What cap space? If they bring back KG, Pierce, and Allen, there isn't a lot of cap space to go around.
As it stands now the Celtics will have about 25 million in cap room. After their two picks (assuming they use both), it'll be about 21. Idk how much it'll take to resign KG and Allen but they should have at least 10 mill in cap room after resigning both.

Pierce isn't a FA. The reason they're gonna have cap room is because this year they still had JO, Sheed, Shaq, etc. on the books, but they all come off after this year. Plus Garnett and Allen made a combined 31 million.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I could see allen maybe, but KG will get a nice offer from someone.
KG obviously doesn't need money at this point. Not saying he'll take a vet min but he's not gonna just go off to the highest bidder. This isn't FBB hahaha.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kevin Garnett is going to get at least 10 million himself.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Money talks
Why would KG, a guy who has made over $290 million in his career JUST from basketball salary, go money hunting. He's gonna resign with Boston (if they want to bring him back).

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ray Allen is primarily a spot up shooter at this point in his career. I don't think he'd really be that much of an improvement over Mike Miller.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Ray Allen is nothing more than a spot up shooter at this point in his career. I don't think he'd really be that much of an improvement over Mike Miller.
I was just about to say, there's not much point of them even bringing in Allen unless the plan is to amnesty Mike Miller.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
amnesty mike miller and pay kg and ray allen 2.5 million a year. boom jk jk

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haslem, Joel Anthony, and Miller are all under contract for the next 3 years. Battier for the next 2. Pretty funny.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
It's a shame the Celtics got fucked in game 2... they shoulda had this series. I hope they bring it back for one more year because with the draft picks they have and a healthy Avery Bradley they can still compete.

If it's the end for them, one hell of a run.
They got fucked throughout the series, man. Blatantly horrible officiating. Undeserved technical fouls and that absurd non-technical on LeBron when he did a chin-up after a dunk. That's a technical foul on anybody else.

I will outright say Miami doesn't win this series without questionable officiating throughout. If they continue to get favoritism in the Finals, I hope like hell the Thunder can pull it off playing 5 on 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%