NBA Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I was wondering why there was not all that many post in here. I figured we made another one because the other one overfload with posts or something. lol.

Anyways, I`m very happy with the Pistons Draft, especially the steal we got in Summers, and Daye does need work, but I have good vibes about him. Dumars did good once again, now it`s time to make some moves, hopefully.

VC15

Reaction score
The two best positions to be at in the NBA are either to be a very, very good team or a very, very bad team. Being a middle of the pack team is the worst spot to be at in this league. And now the Nets are a very, very bad team with a great shot at the #1 pick next year.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jerebko and Summers were both said to be 1st Round talents, would of probably been too if the it wasn't filled with guards. Great draft by Dumars <3

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"I think early on we all kind of liked Jonny Flynn, and I still think he'll be good. But this guy was just another dimension. He's an anomaly. I think (Rubio) will be a good NBA player. I don't think he's going to be as good as Tyreke Evans. I'll say that right now. This guy has the potential to be great, and we are very, very lucky to have this guy on our squad."

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jerebko and Summers were both said to be 1st Round talents, would of probably been too if the it wasn't filled with guards. Great draft by Dumars <3
Wasn't Sharpe supposedly a great pick last year?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wasn't Sharpe supposedly a great pick last year?
Rip said we can't say Rubio will be good cause we haven't seen him play.. But he says Jerebko was a good pick.

I like you Rip, but really get of Joe's nuts.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Best Accessories: Rodrigue Beaubois(notes), Oklahoma City Thunder (traded to Dallas), No. 25
Like the watch and pocket square; love the tiny French flag accent on the cuffs. Très excellent!
Can you say SMOOOOOTH?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
17. Philadelphia 76ers—Jrue Holiday

Grade: A-

While it's true that Jrue Holiday did nothing at UCLA, he had the most talent left on the board. The Sixers get a steal and insurance for when Andre Miller bails.

Grade:A
Jrue Holiday may be a steal for Philly at the 17th pick. Andre Miller will likely not return to the City of Brotherly Love.
Philadelphia 76ers
Although they had their pick of Lawson, Eric Maynor, Jeff Teague and Darren Collison, the sixers went for the homerun and took Jrue Holiday, the point guard with the highest ceiling. Getting Elton Brand back will have the Sixers looking to take that next step come playoffs, but it's not like this team is competing for championships anytime soon. Gambling on Holiday was the right play, especially since he can presumably apprentice under Andre Miller and be brought along slowly. His athleticism and size makes him a potential stopper on the defensive end, while his explosiveness should help him get by on offense. Admire Ed Stefanski's ambition here, not to mention his role in bringing back the team's old logo. A little retro goes a long way. Grade: A-.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CLEVELAND -- Shaquille O'Neal hasn't picked out a house in Cleveland yet. He has chosen a jersey number -- his old one.

Shaq is going back to No. 33.

Traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday, the 15-time All-Star has decided to wear 33, the team confirmed Friday. That's the number O'Neal wore in high school and at LSU before turning pro. O'Neal wore No. 32 when he was in Orlando and while he played for the Los Angeles Lakers, Miami and Phoenix.

TB7

Reaction score
2009 NBA Draft Results

ENTIRE 2009 NBA DRAFT RECAP

Round 1

1. Los Angeles Clippers – F Blake Griffin, Oklahoma

2. Memphis Grizzlies – C Hasheem Thabeet, Connecticut

3. Oklahoma City Thunder – G James Harden, Arizona State

4. Sacramento Kings – G Tyreke Evans, Memphis

5. Minnesota Timberwolves – G Ricky Rubio, Spain

6. Minnesota Timberwolves – G Jonny Flynn, Syracuse

7. Golden State Warriors – G Stephen Curry, Davidson

8. New York Knicks – F Jordan Hill, Arizona

9. Toronto Raptors – G DeMar DeRozan, USC

10. Milwaukee Bucks – G Brandon Jennings, Italy

11. New Jersey Nets – G Terrence Williams, Louisville

12. Charlotte Bobcats – F Gerald Henderson, Duke

13. Indiana Pacers – F Tyler Hansborough, North Carolina

14. Phoenix Suns – F Earl Clark, Louisville

15. Detroit Pistons – F Austin Daye, Gonzaga

16. Chicago Bulls – F James Johnson, Wake Forest

17. Philadelphia 76ers – G Jrue Holiday, UCLA

18. Minnesota Timberwolves – G Ty Lawson, North Carolina*

19. Atlanta Hawks – G Jeff Teague, Wake Forest

20. Utah Jazz – G Eric Maynor, Virginia Commonwealth

21. New Orleans Hornets – G Darren Collison, UCLA

22. Portland Trail Blazers – F Victor Claver, Spain

23. Sacramento Kings – F Omri Casspi, Irasel

24. Dallas Mavericks – C B.J. Mullens, Ohio State*

25. Oklahoma City Thunder – G Rodrigue Beaubois, Guadeloupe*

26. Chicago Bulls – F Taj Gibson, USC

27. Memphis Grizzlies – F DeMarre Carroll, Missouri

28. Minnesota Timberwolves – G Wayne Ellington, North Carolina

29. New York Knicks (via Los Angeles Lakers, the Knicks bought the pick earlier in the day so the Lakers will be making the pick for them) – G Toney Douglas, Florida State

30. Cleveland Cavaliers – G/F Christian Eyenga, Congo

* – Part of a in-draft trade. See below for details about the trade.

- Ty Lawson will be going to Denver in a trade in which they will receive a draft pick that Charlotte owes them at a later point.

- Dallas will receive R. Beaubois as the Thunder will receive B. Mullens.

Round 2

31. Sacramento Kings – F Jeff Pendergraph, Arizona State [Trade to the Blazers]

32. Washington Wizards – G Jermaine Taylor, Central Florida

33. Portland TrailBlazers – F Dante Cunningham, Villanova

34. Denver Nuggets – G Sergio Llull, Spain

35. Detroit Pistons – F DaJuan Summers, Georgetown

36. Memphis Grizzlies – F Sam Young, Pittsburgh

37. San Antonio Spurs – F DeJuan Blair, Pittsburgh

38. Portland TrailBlazers – F Jon Brockman, Washington [Traded to the Kings]

39. Detroit Pistons – F Jonas Jerebko, Sweden

40. Charlotte Bobcats – F Derrick Brown, Xavier

41. Milwaukee Bucks – G Jodie Meeks, Kentucky

42. Los Angeles Lakers – G Patrick Beverly, Europe [Trade to Miami for future second rounder/cash].

43. Miami Heat – G Marcus Thornton, LSU [Traded to New Orleans for two future second rounders].

44. Detroit Pistons – G Chase Budinger, Arizona [Traded to Houston for future second rounder/cash].

45. Minnesota Timberwolves – G Nick Calathes, Florida

46. Cleveland Cavaliers – G Danny Green, North Carolina

47. Minnesota Timberwolves – F Henk Norel, Netherlands

48. Phoenix Suns – F Taylor Griffin, Oklahoma

49. Atlanta Hawks – G Sergiy Gladyr, Ukraine

50. Utah Jazz – C Goran Suton, Michigan State

51. San Antonio Spurs – G Jack McClinton, Miami (FL)

52. Indiana Pacers – G A.J. Price, Connecticut

53. San Antonio Spurs – G Nando De Colo, France

54. Charlotte Bobcats – G Robert Vaden, UAB [Traded to Oklahoma City for cash].

55. Portland TrailBlazers – G Patrick Mills, St. Mary’s

56. Dallas Mavericks – F Ahmad Nivins, St. Joseph’s

57. Phoenix Suns – F Emir Preldzic, Bosnia/Herzgovina

58. Boston Celtics – G Lester Hudson, Tennessee-Martin

59. Los Angeles Lakers – C Chinemelu Elonu, Texas A&M

60 (and Final). Miami Heat – F Robert Dozier, Memphis

I lost track of a lot of the second round trades. Sorry guys.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pacers will not pick up the option on the contract of Marquis Daniels, according to the Indianapolis Star.

The option on the guard's contract for the 2009-10 season was worth $7.5 million.

Daniels will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. It remains possible that Indiana could re-sign Daniels to a long-term deal at a lower annual rate.
Time to bring Quis back to D <3

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I like that were going to have a Swed on our team. How he will be, if he plays for us when the season comes around, who knows, but Sweds are cool.

Also, when I saw Tyler Hansbrough go to the Pacers, I told my dad "Dangit, I dont want to have to like the Pacers." lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons president Joe Dumars says that he won't put the team in a position to have to deal with "drama" ever again.

Dumars used the 15th overall pick on Austin Daye, a soft-spoken forward out of Gonzaga. He couldn't be more different than Allen Iverson, who Dumars was undoubtedly referring to with his comments.

"Never again will I allow us to be in a position where we're dealing with issues, where we're dealing with drama," said Dumars.

Detroit coach Michael Curry said that the team lost a lot of games on Sunday, and that their habits many have played a role.

"I think Joe was madder than anybody else about us losing all those Sunday games," said Curry, "and usually that has something to do with what you were doing Saturday night."

Via Detroit Free Press
How stupid is Curry, I can just picture a convo between ex Piston Amir Johnson and Mike Curry lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know :(

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anyone else hear about Brandon Jennings trashing on Bilas, Rubio, and the Knicks? lol

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings assistant GM Jason Levien has as keen an eye for overseas talent as anyone in the league. If he didn't feel strongly enough about Rubio to take him, that says something.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amid a wealth of midseason rumors that he was headed to Cleveland in February at the trading deadline, Shaquille O'Neal says another team also was trying to land him -- the Portland Trail Blazers.

O'Neal says he vetoed the potential trade to Portland in a conversation with Suns GM Steve Kerr, who this week dealt Shaq to the Cavaliers in exchange for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a second-round pick in next year's draft and $500,000.

"During the middle of the season, Steve said Portland was interested," said O'Neal. "He said was I interested in going to Portland? I told him no, so he stopped that."

The Blazers, however, are adamant that they didn't try to trade for Shaq in February. "Why would we when we've got Greg (Oden) developing and we've already got (Joel) Przybilla?" said a Blazers official who asked to remain anonymous. "If were in go-for-it mode, maybe we would be more interested."

For his part, Shaq insists he was told that Portland was offering the expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz in a package for him. He made the point while congratulating Kerr for being straightforward and direct in their conversations.

"He did it 1,000 percent professional," said O'Neal. "Steve Kerr was very honest."

During their midseason conversations Kerr never raised the possibility of a trade with Cleveland, according to O'Neal, who said he asked Kerr to not deal him to Portland because the Blazers weren't close to winning a championship.

"They have a young team, and their team is pretty good the way it is," O'Neal said of the Blazers. "When he called me, he didn't mention (Cleveland). He said, 'Portland is really making the move for you.' And I said, `I don't really want to go to Portland."'

We've been on Portland's side in the past and, quite frankly, it sucks. I can't blame them for issuing a denial. It's so nice to be on the 'wanted side' and we largely have Lebron James to thank for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%