MLB Gamethread: April 3rd-April 9th

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Aaron Nola on the mound tonight. Ruf instead of Howard. Lets get this W!

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mudge said:
Buchholz may be the worst #2 pitcher in the majors.
Buchholz may just be the worst period. Guy is either really good or really bad. Once he starts getting good, he gets injured. He's a waste on this rotation. We would've been better off keeping Wade Miley. More durable and at least a respectable ERA we could work with.

But we're stuck with this clown as our #2. The sad part is Kelly, Porcello, or whoever #5 is would be just as bad as a #2.

I kept on saying it. We should have shipped his ass out of Boston long ago in 2014 when we shipped all the other pitchers out. Horrible mistake not to do that.

Thomas-Panda-Saxby

Reaction score
Strasbourg is so shaky, if it wasn't the braves or a crap outfield there would be a good amount of runs on the board. Fortunately its 1-0.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
The Red Sox offense reminds me of last year. All they're doing is swinging for the fences. We have no game plan with runners in scoring position and driving in runs. That's how you lose games over the course of the season. Homeruns don't last.

Thomas-Panda-Saxby

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
The Red Sox offense reminds me of last year. All they're doing is swinging for the fences. We have no game plan with runners in scoring position and driving in runs. That's how you lose games over the course of the season. Homeruns don't last.
That's what ruined Hanley and panda last year, right?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
TSaxDaGodd said:
That's what ruined Hanley and panda last year, right?
Maybe, I don't know. I think that played a part.

Brock Holt is filthy though. That guy can rake and pretty much do anything. So glad I picked him up on my fantasy team, even though I have him on the bench.

Still, we cannot hit with RISP. We only hit homeruns, and we get runs and the eventual lead by only making outs (fly out, fielder's choice). That's poor offense if you really think about it.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Samardzija looked rocky in his Giants debut. I really hope he struggles again this season, would weaken the Giants a lot, and he's been saying a lot of shit about the Cubs.

Also Cardinals heading down the path towards 0-3 which is very exciting to see

Thomas-Panda-Saxby

Reaction score
AYE! first ryan Zimmerman takes a big chance and it pays off to tie the game at 1. Then a couple baserunners later MATT DEN DEKKER HITS THE GAPPER. 3-1 Nat's. I love them taking chances. Did it on opening day too.

axman15

Reaction score
Pirates looking like they're gonna sweep the Cards, a sign of things to come in the Central?

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Dodgers up 4-0 again on San Diego.

Brutal start for the Padres.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Schebler walks off the Reds 2nd win of the year

Thomas-Panda-Saxby

Reaction score
Nice win by the Nat's tonight. They're taking chances and I love it. Also a little clutch too. Strasburg let's too many runners on, and that's got to change, but he survived today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%