Lowry Believes He Can't Coexist With McHale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Yeah, so we can do the first two positions, then forget about them for three months and start it up again!

Vote for all the positions at once this time. Make one thread with numerous polls for the #1 player at each position, then another thread for #2 after that one, and so on.

Might as well just start at now, nothing that is going to happen in these playoffs will change anything.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say might as well just start it now. But leave it to BC to throw in asshole comments.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Can't wait until the season is over so I can do the positional rankings again.
Why not start now?

Like, we can start the debate for centers probably. Its not like a performance from Perkins, Steimsma, Bonner, or Turiaf will alter the standings.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
FWIW Tim Duncan starts at C for the Spurs and KG starts at C for the Celtics...

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
FWIW Tim Duncan starts at C for the Spurs and KG starts at C for the Celtics...
They are PFs. They play a lot of minutes as a C, but they were listed as forwards in the NBA ASG voting, so they should be PFs in our voting

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Unlike Ramon Sessions, Kyle Lowry defends. He also rebounds very well and is a great facilitator. I also believe he's a better shooter, and his jump shot and percentage get better by the year.

He's much better than Ramon Sessions.

And while yes, Pau Gasol shits on Jordan Hill, Jordan got minutes by crashing the boards when the other bigs wouldn't, and he was a great rebounder all year, for both Houston and LAL. Pair him with Bynum and he'll actually follow shots to the basket. Pau didn't do that. This could be addition by subtraction for LAL, and I mean that as in they ditch either Bynum or Gasol. Not just in Gasol's case. Hill played very well with Gasol this year.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not gonna start now because doing it after the season helps keep the section active during the offseason.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pau Gasol was the 2nd best player on two championship teams not too long ago, saying getting rid of him would be addition by subtraction is incredibly stupid. Not wanting someone of his caliber just because of a perceived softness is also stupid.

Kyle Lowry was the same this year or maybe a little worse as opposed to last year, I don't understand the sudden hype. Well actually I do, people falling for a hot start. He's an above average point guard.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Pau Gasol was the 2nd best player on two championship teams not too long ago, saying getting rid of him would be addition by subtraction is incredibly stupid. Not wanting someone of his caliber just because of a perceived softness is also stupid.

Kyle Lowry was the same this year or maybe a little worse as opposed to last year, I don't understand the sudden hype. Well actually I do, people falling for a hot start. He's an above average point guard.
Yeah, but Kyle effects just about every single game. At no point in any game would you see Steve Blake running point over him in the final minutes of the fourth quarter. Ramon Sessions is a backup until he proves he can be as effective in every single game. He can be a beast against the other team or a burden for his own team because he doesn't play defense.

I don't want him because he's going to be 33 at the start of the season and wasn't the same player this year. His decline has begun and I don't want to trade Kyle Lowry for him, just like I didn't want to trade Carl Landry for the overrated Kevin Martin. Morey needs to land a legitimate trade that does something for the foreseeable future.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't even know if Lowry is above average in this PG-heavy league.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Rajon Rondo
4) Russell Westbrook
5) Derrick Rose
6) Steve Nash
7) Tony Parker
8) Kyrie Irving
9) Stephen Curry
10) Ty Lawson
11) Mike Conley
12) Jeremy Lin

(In no order)

Just off the top of my head, there's probably more.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Rajon Rondo
4) Russell Westbrook
5) Derrick Rose
6) Steve Nash
7) Tony Parker
8) Kyrie Irving
9) Stephen Curry
10) Ty Lawson
11) Mike Conley
12) Jeremy Lin

(In no order)

I'd put Lowry in a group with those guys that you have 9-12. After the first 7 guys there are a ton of guys that are in the same tier and could be interchangeable.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Rajon Rondo
4) Russell Westbrook
5) Derrick Rose
6) Steve Nash
7) Tony Parker
8) Kyrie Irving
9) Stephen Curry
10) Ty Lawson
11) Mike Conley
12) Jeremy Lin

(In no order)

Jrue Holiday, Jose Calderon, John Wall, Ricky Rubio, Raymond Felton, Brandon Jennings

18/30, seems accurate

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'd put Lowry in a group with those guys that you have 9-12. After the first 7 guys there are a ton of guys that are in the same tier and could be interchangeable.
Kyrie Irving >>> any PG you can name after that Top 7.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Rajon Rondo
4) Russell Westbrook
5) Derrick Rose
6) Steve Nash
7) Tony Parker
8) Kyrie Irving- Eventually, but not yet.
9) Stephen Curry- Not a point guard. No.
10) Ty Lawson- No. Just no.
11) Mike Conley- This guy should be at 8.
12) Jeremy Lin- Give me a fucking break, dude.

(In no order)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I may be dying from heat exhaustion or I could be on meth, but did you actually just say Kyle Lowry is better than Kyrie Irving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%