LeBron James Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY King

Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

I lol'd at this. I can actually see Miami getting cursed and Cavs actually winning a title before LeBron. ^_^

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dan Gilbert released the following statement shortly after LeBron James announced his decision to leave the Cavaliers.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Via Press Release

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This all adds up by the way, and makes me believe this was all set in stone a long time ago.. Mid way through last season, out of no where the Miami Heat retired #23, then later LeBron announced he was changing his number to 6. Then he gets his 'elbow' injury, then he has the worst games of his career against Boston..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This all adds up by the way, and makes me believe this was all set in stone a long time ago.. Mid way through last season, out of no where the Miami Heat retired #23, then later LeBron announced he was changing his number to 6. Then he gets his 'elbow' injury, then he has the worst games of his career against Boston..
Bill Simmons said in his column today which was brillant by the way that this was rumored to be happen 2 years ago.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Any <Censored> who needs an hour of air time to choose his franchise obviously has hishead stuck so far up his own ass that it's not funny. What a down right c u n t this prick is. He hasn't even chosen a club with realistic winnning oppurtunities, he's out for a big pay day.

Absolute joke.
He definitely chose a team with realistic winning opportunities, but I'm assuming you don't hear much NBA in the UK?

Don't act like Cleveland didn't put everything they had into giving LeBron a great team. Everybody wants rings. Doesn't mean I respect the ways they're pursuing them. Everybody wants to win, but that doesn't mean they have to leave their own successful teams to play with their friends. I'm just saying I lost respect for him because imo that was a poor decision. Thats All..
They didn't give him a ring, that's all the dude wants.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i have no problem with these three putting personal stats aside to win and do nothing but win. you shouldnt knock them for that.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WhitlockJason

Dan Gilbert knows where the bodies are buried. LeBron, Maverick, Turtle, Drama and LeBrontourage pissed off the wrong billionaire.

lol

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
I wouldve actually liked it better if he went to New York and teamed up with Amare and then Melo down the road

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lebron and melo doesnt sound as good as lebron and wade. melo and lebron can play anywhere but they share the same true position..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What did he say?
Basically that 1 ring in cleveland would mean more than 4 in miami. And that his legacy has taken a hit because no matter what happens in miami he won on anothers guys team. And that at 25 he would've liked to see bron try to win it as "the guy" instead of "one of the guys".

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lebron's mom was watching The Decision from Delonte's house

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Delonte switches his number to 23 next year. There's gonna be a fight.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He definitely chose a team with realistic winning opportunities, but I'm assuming you don't hear much NBA in the UK?

They didn't give him a ring, that's all the dude wants.
Then why didn't he try to get MLE to play in LA? Wouldn't that be closer to a chip? MLE with Boston? MLE with Orlando? All closer the Miami were to the Chip

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That sounds pretty selfish man. When Kobe and MJ realized they had to do whatever it took to win chips I don't think they demanded trades. A desire to win a championship doesn't make you want to leave the franchise that made you. Heck, Kevin Durant wouldn't have signed an extension if that was the case. Sometimes life isn't always about what you want. He could have went to any team and tried to win a chip but he decided to go to Miami of all places. And I'm sure Kobe realized that MVPs don't mean ish and he's got 5 rings to show for it. Everybody wants to be a champion. Doesn't mean they all have to leave their teams to become one.
First off, I grew up in Jordan era and never was Mike in a position to even think about playing for another team. Jordan always had the right pieces in place and even if his supporting cast wasn't the greatest, the man was on a level of his own. Who the f_ck else could win an NBA title with Luc Longley as their biggest man?? Jordan was a pop culture icon, the only player to ever be bigger than the game itself...there will never be another like him. Horrible comparison, I have never and will never advocate comparing any player to "his Airness".

I already pointed out that Kobe was never in a position to leave the Lakers. Los Angeles stood by him during all the rape allegations and his immediate priority was to rebuild his image, a task certainly much easier in the 1 city that hadn't turned their back on him. Don't for 1 minute make the mistake of think that Kobe stayed a Laker b/c he really wanted to stay a Laker. Remaining in LA was the right choice for a lot of reasons but I would argue that if Kobe never stuck his "d" in some loopy-ass high school broad, during a wild night in Eagle, CO...then he could very well be playing for the Bulls right now.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then why didn't he try to get MLE to play in LA? Wouldn't that be closer to a chip? MLE with Boston? MLE with Orlando? All closer the Miami were to the Chip
Miami > all of them now.
That's why.
Maybe not LA, but that would just be a dumb choice for him, money wise.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
lol Delonte should switch his number to 23 just to piss him off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%