LeBron James Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You could argue alot of things. You definitely can't compare LeBron to MJ now that he's taking the Pippen Role. And Jordan could have easily demanded a trade to the Pistons in 89 Heck there were 4 teams better then the Bulls in that time so he could have left and played for other teams. And what does Kobe's sex scandal have to do with him not leaving LA? LeBron sold out on his city for a chance at a ring. Point blank. Dude is a sellout. Turned his back on HIS team. I lost respect for the man.... And I thought JJ was gonna be a sellout LOL..
Dog...89!?! Jordan wasn't where Lebron is today, back in 1989. Lebron's got 2 MVP's, post-season, and even tasted the finals in 7 NBA seasons. Now I'm not saying Jordan wasn't phenomenal from 84-89 but everyone knew the Bulls were on the verge of greatness. Not even close to Lebron's situation with a Cavs' team in poor shape around him.

Kobe's sex scandal also had everything to do with his staying with the Lakers. Like I said, his image was in shambles, he was being booed, more negative headlines than anything. It was withing Kobe's best interest to remain with the Lakers, remain in the big market, and remain in the spot where he actually wasn't being booed. 2 things turned Kobe's image around and gave him somewhat of a 2nd life: sticking with the Lakers and changing his number. Add Gasol to the equation and suddenly Kobe is on another level.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So now it's 2 years? Lol You should at least take a look at their entire roster before giving them a chip Rip. They could win a video game chip easy but real life idk.
Speaking of video games...they've completely destroyed 2k11. Figures these dudes would try to take the spotlight from the goat. <Censored>ing divas

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bill Russell also won 11 titles, and he never had to cherry-pick his team. Neither did Michael Jordan, who took six, or Magic Johnson, who won five, or Kobe Bryant, who has five, or Tim Duncan, who has four. Even if LeBron does win a championship with the Miami Heat — and there’s no guarantee he will — it won’t be seen as a great player lifting a team; it will be seen as a bunch of glitzy free agents banding together just to burnish their respective images.
Via MC from AJC.

This is Real.

NY King

Reaction score
Dead.
If not this year, next year.
I don't see this happening. Dan Gilbert totally put a curse on LeBron and Miami. lol on a serious note, they are pretty much the favorites on paper, but until you see them up against the better teams in the league it's not guaranteed. Lakers are still the team to beat and next summer are going to have pretty big names in it too. So we have to just wait and see.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright guys, we understand your man crush for Kobe and hatred for LeBron. I don't see why you keep continuing.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even OchoCinco knows this is wrong.

“Nickname is KingJames. Kings lead with the help of an army (supporting cast on team) – a lead dog doesn’t join superstars to make it easy.”
“Kobe-Magic-Jordan-Bird all created legacies on their own teams. They didn’t join together to make winning a ring easy.”

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im still waiting on reasoning of how a team where the star big primarily shoots jumpers is gonna take out the 2 time defending champs.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does this mean Lebron or 'LeTravel' as DH would say is a lapdog too? lol.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I honestly would have been cool with LeBron going to make Chicago or NY better. But he's tarnishing his legacy by trying to take the easy way out..

NY King

Reaction score
Alright guys, we understand your man crush for Kobe and hatred for LeBron. I don't see why you keep continuing.
I totally understand why LeBron did what he did, but I don't think it would be as a fast title win. Bulls were the team to pick IMO to be the team for the quick championship run. LA is the team to beat just because of the back to back titles. If they can't get fisher and the rest of the free agents back, then I see Miami with the title. Still can't count out Magics and Boston (old as they are).

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im still waiting on reasoning of how a team where the star big primarily shoots jumpers is gonna take out the 2 time defending champs.
They are going to score more points and give up less, thus winning them the basketball games.

Just try to argue this with me when you aren't as "mad" at LeBron. I don't feel like getting into this at 1 in the morning. I said pretty much every reason why last night.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I honestly would have been cool with LeBron going to make Chicago or NY better. But he's tarnishing his legacy by trying to take the easy way out..
Get over it. He wants rings and gets to do with with his best NBA friends. It's a win win for him despite what all of you haters think.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They dont have a advantage over the lakers at any position besides at the 3.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They dont have a advantage over the lakers at any position besides at the 3.
Bosh, Wade, LeBron > Kobe, Pau, Odom/Artest

The whole position advantage game is so overplayed, I don't even see how it's brought up anymore.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3 guys who've never played a nba game together are a better trio than the back to back champions? Where they do that at?

2 of those guys quit on their teams just a few months ago.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bosh, Wade, LeBron > Kobe, Pau, Odom/Artest

The whole position advantage game is so overplayed, I don't even see how it's brought up anymore.
You forgot to compare their benches!.. Oh yea...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3 guys who've never played a nba game together are a better trio than the back to back champions? Where they do that at?

Celtics did it with KG, Ray, and Paul.
Miami will do it with Bosh, Wade, and LeBron.

Seriously man, saying this team won't win it eventually is just foolish to say and shows that your "hatred" for LeBron is just making what you are saying way too biased.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

LOL

I have to agree tho. Rip you're giving them to much credit before they've proven anything to you

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You forgot to compare their benches!.. Oh yea...
Please continue to play the bench card.
Let them fill out their damn roster, then play it for <Censored>s sake. You act like they will get the scum of the league. They don't need much more than that to win anyways. What part of 3 of the best 10 NBA players didn't you understand?

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Celtics did it with KG, Ray, and Paul.
Miami will do it with Bosh, Wade, and LeBron.

Seriously man, saying this team won't win it eventually is just foolish to say and shows that your "hatred" for LeBron is just making what you are saying way too biased.
You do realize that the Celtics had a boatload of vets and big contributors on their bench righ? And They don't even have a Perk or a Rajon right now so I wouldn't even give them that much credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%