Kobe's not untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's the kicker.
Kobe still has the no-trade clause that's in effect until AFTER this season. Looks like the LakeShow is stuck with him. DAMNIT!!

EDIT--
Actually the no trade clause lasts until his contract ends. How quaint...

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
How so? Do they have anyone valuable the Lakers were lookin at?
I've seen some pretty good ones on other sites.

Zach
Jamal
Renaldo/Chandler
Mardy
1st round pick.

For
Kobe Bryant
Ronny Turiaf.
Marbury - 20$ million expiring contract, really, really tasty FA's coming up
Crawford - Bound to make his best season, competent scorer that really knows how to feed the center, Curry really struggled without him, and since Bynum will be the focal point of the offense that's really a plus.
Balkman - He would immediatlly be a LA fan favorite, period.
Nichols & Morris - Two really young players with lot of upside.
And a 1st round pick.

And the Knicks could throw in the 7$ million M. Rose expiring contract and take back some bad contracts LA would want to dump.

game385

Reaction score
From a talent and upside stand point, I think that the Bulls have a better potential offer.

Even if it doesn't include Deng if I were the Lakers I would take Gordon, Nocioni, Thomas or Noah, and maybe Duhon & draft picks before I took anything from the Knicks.

I think a deal similar to the one above still leaves the Bulls in pretty good shape and I actually believe the Lakers would definitely be a better and much deeper team.

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Rasho for Kobe would be a great trade.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe's getting quite annoying if you ask me. If he doesn't want to be on the Lakers team, and if he wants to go win a championship then go to a country over seas and leave us alone.

I was listening to PTI I believe and they stated something I found to be interesting. They said Kobe wants to win a ring correct, but the bottom line is if he does get traded it's not going to be to a contender. He is kind of stupid if he thinks he is going to be traded to a team with enough superstar standard players. So the damn Lakers should quit being a bunch of tards and finally descide they need to build around Kobe in a better way. Get someone like JO, like they said they would.

Kobe will be staying in LA, watch.

.::MC::.

WeOutHearCuh
Reaction score
Oh man I would love Kobe in a Celts jersey right now, too bad that would never happen seeing as the Salary Cap and the Laker/Celts rivalry. Plus that Big 4 is never gonna happen, damn. Well if he went to Cleveland theres a 20% percent chance.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe's getting quite annoying if you ask me. If he doesn't want to be on the Lakers team, and if he wants to go win a championship then go to a country over seas and leave us alone.

I was listening to PTI I believe and they stated something I found to be interesting. They said Kobe wants to win a ring correct, but the bottom line is if he does get traded it's not going to be to a contender. He is kind of stupid if he thinks he is going to be traded to a team with enough superstar standard players. So the damn Lakers should quit being a bunch of tards and finally descide they need to build around Kobe in a better way. Get someone like JO, like they said they would.

Kobe will be staying in LA, watch.
I hope so. And why does he want a ring so bad again....he's already got several, more than a lot of players can say. Of course anyone would want more, but still.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard Dallas is offering Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Not confirmed though.
No they offered Howard and Harris, but it got shot down, thank god.

Um, if you had Kobe and Dirk you would win your "deserved" championship. Cause it ain't working for your team you have now.
Our team is getting better every year. Howard is becoming a star, and Harris is starting to become a good guard. Also Dirk is hitting his prime.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Simply put....the Lakers FO blew it.

Ever since West left the front office has been a mess. How the hell do you manage to get rid of two hall of famers in a span of 4 years? The Lakers used to acquire hall of famers as much as how many times Kwame fumbles the ball and now are on the verge of having gotten rid of two of the greatest players in history.

The smart thing would have been to actually build around Kobe while there's no dominant team in the league and make a real effort to win now. Instead they pissed away two years on the 07 cap space pipe dream (which was destined to fail from the start) and now were wasting Kobe's prime while they wait until Bynum develops and Kobe's past his prime to go up against loaded up and coming young teams like Portland.

The front office has dug themselves a hole and now I'm curious to see how they get out of it.

Don't get it wrong, I like the lineup LA has now but it's obviously a lineup built for the future, while Kobe just sticks around teaching these guys and wasting his talent on first round knockouts.

I keep saying it, trade him away already, it would benefit him and the Lakers. But with his no-trade clause he ultimately control where he goes until his conract runs out. What a piss-off.

I hope so. And why does he want a ring so bad again....he's already got several, more than a lot of players can say. Of course anyone would want more, but still.
I asked the same thing of Shaq... the same thing. Kobe' still has some years of basketball left in him so its obvious that he doesn't want to waste his talent just playing, while he's still a top player he should gun for it. Shaq is old, declining, 50,000 years old, its obvious he's sticking around for more championships when he doesn't need them, so why is Shaq still sticking around?

Also on a side note; The only reason Kobe gets annoying is because just like Terrel Owens, the only reason they get the publicity is because you guys whine and talk about them when you know that you don't have to.

R6Vox

Reaction score
I personally hope the Bulls don't trade for Kobe. Trust me, I love the guy and I think he's hands down the best player in the NBA but the Bulls have such a good future ahead of them if they can keep their team intact. However, John Paxson will definitely have to take a look at the possiblities next season when the topic comes up again. Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah and or Andres Nocioni could be thrown in the trade. Personally, if the Bulls trade Noc, I'm going to be VERY upset nor could I see him in a Lakers uniform. Same thing with Tyrus. The guy makes the team exciting with every insane dunk he throws down. The Bulls are stacked right now, I don't want to see them lose one guy. The last two seasons have been almost as exciting as watching the late 90's Bulls and I don't want that to end..... though a starting lineup with Wallace, Deng, Noah, Bryant and Hinrich would be quite interesting.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
Here's the kicker.
Kobe still has the no-trade clause that's in effect until AFTER this season. Looks like the LakeShow is stuck with him. DAMNIT!!

EDIT--
Actually the no trade clause lasts until his contract ends. How quaint...

when has that ever stopped a trade? especially when the player is the one who wants out..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
when has that ever stopped a trade? especially when the player is the one who wants out..
becaus that means the Lakers have to trade him to wherever he wants
we might get a sh!tty package because of it

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another thing I hate about Kobe is the fact he hasn't been rumoured to dealt to any Western Conference teams. He wants to play for the East because he knows he can be the LeBron of the Cavs, so he can take his team as far as LeBron did. Call it smart if you want to, but I call it puzzy.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another thing I hate about Kobe is the fact he hasn't been rumoured to dealt to any Western Conference teams. He wants to play for the East because he knows he can be the LeBron of the Cavs, so he can take his team as far as LeBron did. Call it smart if you want to, but I call it puzzy.
or he wants to go back east because thats where he's from (Philly)
or he wants to get far away from LA(from a bball standpoint because no one hates LA) so he would only have to play them 2 times instead of 4 times

when you dont like someone dont you wanna get as far away as possible from them?

c'mon rip, you gotta look at it from all aspects and quit being such a hater

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but remember the all-star game in Philly??? Kobe won MVP and was booed.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but remember the all-star game in Philly??? Kobe won MVP and was booed.
and in every East city the Lakers played in last year, Kobe was cheered (except for a couple like Miami, Cleveland)

and he wouldnt be going to Philly anyways
I was just saying that he's from the East Coast

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just find it funny how the front office has been looking to trade Kobe, a proven hall-of-fame player, one of the most versatile scorers in the history of the game, but refuses to trade Bynum away, a kid who has yet to prove anything. But has the stock to get some real piece's around Kobe.

Because I'm so sure that

Derek Fisher
Ben Gordon
Lamar Odom
Ty Thomas
Andrew Bynum

or

Derek Fisher
Jason Terry
Josh Howard
Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum

will scare the fcking begeezus out of Western Conference teams for years to come.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just find it funny how the front office has been looking to trade Kobe, a proven hall-of-fame player, one of the most versatile scorers in the history of the game, but refuses to trade Bynum away, a kid who has yet to prove anything. But has the stock to get some real piece's around Kobe.

Because I'm so sure that

Derek Fisher
Ben Gordon
Lamar Odom
Ty Thomas
Andrew Bynum

or

Derek Fisher
Jason Terry
Josh Howard
Lamar Odom
Andrew Bynum

will scare the fcking begeezus out of Western Conference teams for years to come.

I have to disagree, niether one of those teams would scare anyone.

1.Fish only has a few more years, Ben Gordon is one dimensional, Lamar doesnt play at his potential unsless he's then #1 option, Tyrus Thomas has huge upside, but a long way to go, and the same for Bynum.

2.<insert previous Derek Fisher comment>, Jason Terry is alot like Ben Gordan, one dimensional, Howard isnt going anywhere. No way in hell the Mavs trade him. But he is a start, <insert previous Lamar Odom comment>, same thins w/ Bynum.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sarcasm is a killer, isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%