Kobe's not untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Los Angeles Times -
Lakers' owner Jerry Buss, who has presided over eight championships and five other NBA Finals appearances in his 28 previous years of ownership, acknowledged considering offers for Kobe Bryant over the summer -- none of them deemed remotely good enough to act upon -- and also conceded that the gaping hole in Bryant's contract could make the nine-time All-Star an ex-Laker by 2009.

Buss, 74, also said Bryant was not necessarily off the table now that the new season had started. Offers will inevitably continue to trickle in, particularly if the Lakers struggle before the February trade deadline.

"I would certainly listen," Buss said. "At any time, I think you have to do that with anybody. It's just part of the game, to listen to somebody who has a dissatisfied player that you think is going to fit. You can't keep too many loyalties. You've got to look at it as a business. He looks at it the same way I look at it."

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Entertaining offers doesn't mean hes going <_<.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But he is, probably later rather than sooner, but there's not a chance he resigns unless the Lakers start winning fast.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright, here it is... Sign Ben Gordon to that ridiculous contract he wants, package him with guys like Andres Nocioni, Chris Duhon, possibly even Joakim Noah and then give them some future first and second round draft picks...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright, here it is... Sign Ben Gordon to that ridiculous contract he wants, package him with guys like Andres Nocioni, Chris Duhon, possibly even Joakim Noah and then give them some future first and second round draft picks...

That may work the Lakers should talk to the Bulls bout it and possably do it.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard Dallas is offering Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Not confirmed though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard Dallas is offering Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Not confirmed though.
f that
i would possibly do a Howard/Harris though

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't want Kobe on the Mavs. I don't want to have our team built around a Dirk/Kobe duo. Keep Harris and howard.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't want Kobe on the Mavs. I don't want to have our team built around a Dirk/Kobe duo. Keep Harris and howard.
Um, if you had Kobe and Dirk you would win your "deserved" championship. Cause it ain't working for your team you have now.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't want Kobe on any team other than the Lakers, Clippers, Spurs, Heat, Nets.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BAck to the Kobe talk again. He's not goin anywhere. Final.

Sabbath

Reaction score
Why do you always want to trade Nocioni? I would be very sad if the Bulls were to trade him.

And Kobe isn't going anywhere unless the Lakers fall into a deep hole, in which he still probably won't go anywhere.

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
You listening IT?

The Knicks will have Kobe. We didn't get KG, but Kobe is well within our reach.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bill Plashkie was on SportsCenter and hes said that a lot of Basketball "Experts" say Kobe will be gone by the Deadline or at least the Summer.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BAck to the Kobe talk again. He's not goin anywhere. Final.
Because the Lakers are going to get KG Kidd JO Marion Artest AK and Camby, get Kobe his fourth ring, and convince him to stay? Gimme a break. If he's not gone by this time next year I'll be stunned.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Away with him!!
LET THE REBUILDING PROCESS BEGIN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%